20-25mgs or 20-30 mgs of celexa

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on 20 mgs of celexa for about 2 wks now, before that, 15 for a wk and 10 for two wks. I want/ think I need to go to 30, which I was on last year when I quit bc I felt fine. Should I go from 20-25 or just go to 30. Will the side effects be bad with that jump? Please let me know.

Thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brian. I've been on cilexa (citalopram) since January. I went from 10-20-30-40 each after a week. No side effects that I hadn't experience before happened, nor the intensity. It's definitely okay to jump from 20-30 !! Best of luck ! It's a wonderful medication.

• Posted

Annelise,

Glad to hear you did well on the increase. No real side effects jumping from 20-30.? Noted. The reason I want to jump is that I still a wee bit anxious with heart palpitations and insomnia. I'm traveling for the holiday and will do this increase when I come back. Thanks!

• Posted

Hi brain. I'm going from 10mg to 20mg is it best to take both 10mg tablets at the same time or one in the morning and one at night 

• Posted

Nick,

I went from 10-15. But I'm awfully sensitive to meds. I know people jumped right to the 20 and had little to no issue as well. I did 15 for a week then jumped to 20.

• Posted

Thanks Brian. I will go up to 20 and see how I get on. I had to come off Zoloft  after 10 days as I also was to sensitive for it. All the best 
  • Posted

hi Brian

I jumped from 20 to 30 and got some unwelcome side effects of racing thoughts and others but when going from 20-25-30 is was much smoother and I'm nearly settled on 30 now

• Posted

Hanneman,

Thank you for the reply. I jumped to 30 yesterday. So far so good. And I'm traveling. Wish me luck

• Posted

Cool, good luck. Let us know how you get on. I feel more myself on 30

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.