20 and losing control

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 20 and feel like I'm losing more and more bladder control I leak during the day but can usually make it to a toilet but at night I wet heavily. I have an overactive bladder and have tried medication but the side effects killed me. I wear male guards during the day and Abena briefs at night I would love to talk to anybody else who is having similar expierience sir has any tips for me

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I feel your pain I'm 46 and have had this now for 4 years it's totally ruined my life. I have to use mattress protection bed pads, the disposable pants and still wake up soaked through. That happens 2-3 times a night. And when I go toilet through the day hardly nothing there. I've tried medication not drinking loads.no caffeine but still no difference. I'm under hospital now, we'll have been for 2 years and now I'm having to get trained in self catheterisation. All I want is a decent nights sleep.and be able to have a holiday and hopefully find a partner. Who I'm not going to drown in bed. Hope you get sorted quickly good luck Helena xx

• Posted

I just wanted to say I think it is easier for women then men to handle wearng protection.  And as young as he is I know he is embaressed about it.  I am 51 and have been wearing diapers for years.  It does not affect me now.
    • Posted

What brand of protection do you use? I use to struggle with sleeping through the night but have started using higher absorbency stuff which definitely helps
  • Posted

Hi, im a 42 year old male suffering from oab for many years. Having to deal with this can turm your live upside down. Not only the pain it causes, or the discomfort of the incontinence briefs, but also the shame and social isolation can make me feel depressed very often. Beside my wife nobody knows about my condition, and my doctor ofcourse. But i even tell my wife just the things i can't hide and change my pads secretly.

I think talking about it with others who suffer the same can make you feel better, so feel free PM me.

Wish you all the best.

• Posted

Thanks if you want to chat feel free to send me a message. Wearing briefs is better than having a wet bed
    • Posted

It is I guess, it so does isolated you, I darnt go far then I'm panicking if I don't know where the toilets are or if any at all. Headache if I don't drink enough. Fear of wetting myself as I have no control over it at all. I tried Tena and all others but found them very uncomfortable to wear. 

• Posted

I find Abena work very well and I find them comfortable to wear at night and they keep the bed dry
  • Posted

I,am a lot older but have wet for about 15yrs.I wear thin pull ups during day and diapers a night.I think you should tell the school about it.
  • Posted

Wow I am in my 40's and have been dealing with incontinence for since 2004 just before my first back surgery on my l4-5 disk. As the years progressed I went from a constant dripping and few bedwetting incidents to wearing diapers 24/7... Luckly I am on medciad and get back to my diapers paid for ...they tied all the meds with me till they said it nerve damage all the meds were garbage too me

• Posted

I hated the mess they put me on them when i was in elementary school made me not sweat almost had heat stroke several times my bladder problems went away for a few years middle and high school before coming back
    • Posted

I ment meds not mess autocorrect 
    • Posted

Yeah the Dr also said my incontinence could be from since I had bed wetting episodes untill late teen could contribute as well instead of saying I don't know are stop trying to fix me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.