Skip to content

Urinary Incontinence

Also known as Incontinence - Urine, Stress Incontinence, Urge Incontinence

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Could this be a urinatary issue?

Hi all, My issue started when I began taking steraline (zoloft) for my anxiety but I'm not sure if my issues are related to that since I started having stomach pains (kind of like period pain without being on my period) before taking them as a single symptom. But a couple of days into...

Posted
  • Hello from Malaysia

41, male, I have urge incontinence, and I do wear overnight adult diapers daily, have been wearing for such a long time that I am so comfortable wearing whether at home or out in public.

Last reply
  • Buying incontinence pads in Greece or Malta

I will be travelling to Greece (Athens) in October and then later in the year to Malta via Athens. We will be away 2 weeks the first time and over a week the second time. Does anyone have experience of purchasing incontinence pads in Greece or Malta? Are they available in pharmacies or large supermarkets?...

Last reply
  • Anyone else use their nappies/diapers for convenience?

Hello I am a female with urge incontinence (bladder only). I wont make it to the bathroom if I have less than 2 or so minutes to do so. When I first started wearing pads/nappies, I only wore them in case of emergencies/accidents and tried to make it to the bathroom and never ever did "number 2"...

Last reply
  • Advice on urge incontinence and wearing pads and underwear.

I am 17 and have urge incontinence and I have to wear high capacity pads and incontinence underwear. I am worried and nervous that someone will see my underwear or see my spare pads in my bag. Does anyone have advice? for example what to do in college, what to do and bring on holiday, what...

Last reply
  • Urination issue

I have recently been having some Urinary issues and it's driving me insane. On the 14th of May 2018 I had an intense urge to urinate during an exam. I went to the toilet and barely anything would come out but there was a small amount of urine. I went back to the exam and as soon as I sat down I had...

Last reply
  • Urologist and continence nurse

Well had an urologist appointment back on the 6 June after being fallen through the cracks since 2011 after my Urodynamic (as GP refused to follow up at my request) my new GP referred me back as I wanted a Continence product assessment as have issues with every Pull up type I have tried due to discomfort...

Last reply
  • Cunningham Clamp Discomfort

Hi,  I have had stress incontinence for about 4 years following prostate surgery. Up to 3 pads a day. Today for the first time tried a Cunningham clamp. Worked well, no leaks at all, but after a short while uncomfortable feeling, sometimes a urine surge from movement that would normally go into...

Last reply
  • Why am I incontince

Hi I’m 20 and having day time and night time wettings I’m going for tests but I keep thinking that they ain’t going to find out wrong and I’m gunna keep wetting my self when they do the tests like what happens if they say we can’t find out wrong 

Posted
  • Inter Stim Device

Seeking any of my sisters (and brothers) who have had this device inserted. I am about to do so and want to hear from you, thanks.

Last reply
  • AUS as Cure for Moderate Incontinence?

About a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer so I had it removed.  I was incontinent from the start and got down to about 3-5 pads a day after 6 months.  So at the one year mark I had a Male Sling put in and my incontinence improved to 1-3 pads/day.  Not perfect but...

Last reply
  • Suprapubic Catheter

Hello, I am doing some research to help my dad who is 87 years old.  Despite having a stroke induced by anesthesia which left him unable to speak and with right arm paralysis, he’s done well for the past 12 years. Now because of an enlarged prostate, the urologist insisted to do a Cystoscopy then...

Last reply
  • Help please

I have Stress incontinence and I need a colposuspension operation I'm thinking of going private but don't know where to start looking for the right consultant or hospital can anyone advise me where to start.. thanks

Posted
  • betigma 25mg

could not take vesicare well because of side effects  so started on betigma  25g as has fewer side effects  or so they said  -after  5  days pains in back and sides and  blood in urine.  it seems to make the frequency worse.  saw gp today and am not taking...

Last reply
  • Stress incontinence need advice

Hi everyone I have an appointment to see my consultant Wednesday this week coming . I know she is going to ask if I want more injections in my bladder or the big operation to stich the bladder up a bit anyone give me any advice what to do? Thanks..

Last reply
  • Stress incontinence

Hi everyone I've decided to have the colposuspension operation can people let me know from the time they got a referral from there NHS consultant to how long it took to go into hospital... just a rough estimate would be good.. waited nearly a year for the injections is it going to be a long wait......

Last reply
  • "Mic"

Anyone know what happened to the "mic" clamp? It's clear plastic with an adjusting nut on each end. Been wearing one for two,years and wanted a backup. Way more comfortable than the Cunningham barely a bump under your shorts and being able to adjust both ends  makes it work perfectly.

Last reply
  • Successful AUS implant (AMS 800)

After nearly two years of high level incontinence as the result of a botched (in my opinion) Greenlight Laser procedure, I had an AUS (Artificial Urinary Sphincter) implant in November of 2017, and it has really helped me to regain some normalcy in my life.  Before, it was 8 or 10 Depends each day,...

Last reply
  • Interstim for overactive bladder

I am going for this Interstim trial Tuesday and I must say I am SCARED TO DEATH!  I urinate every hour just about and it has taken a toll on my life.  Honestly it is ruing every part of my life.  Wondering if anyone has had success and how much pain I can expect...

Last reply
  • Confusing Urinary Incontinence - Please Help!

Hi everyone, I really just need some outside advice. I am a 25 year old female - 5'3 and maybe 117 pounds. Since about October I have been having the WORST time trying to hold my bladder. I went to the doctor (just my regular doctor) multiple times and they immediately thought "you must have...

Last reply
  • Tvt

I’m having tvt done tomorrow hope I’m doing the right thing,it’s been cancelled once,I’m so nervous 

Last reply
  • Betmiga ( Mirabegron ) Effectiveness?

Hi I was diagnosed with OAB around 4 months ago. I had had a prostate TURP procedure and my symptoms persisted and got worse. Incontinence, constant need to urinate and painful when i did (every 10 mins). I was prescribed Betmiga and initially noticed a huge improvement. My symptoms returned to an unpleasant...

Last reply
  • Advice on urge incontinence and whereing pads and underwea2

I am 17 and have urge incontinence and i have to where high capacity pads and incontinence underwear. I am worried and nervous that some one will see my underwear or see my spare pads in my bag. Dose anyone have advice. for example what to do in college, on holiday or with my frends im realy nervous...

Last reply
  • OAB treatment with Betmiga 50mg.

I had a TURis prostate resection a year ago. Four months ago I was diagnosed with Over Active Bladder (OAB) . The Doctor suggested the use of Betmiga 50mg for the treatment. I was taking the pills every day at the same time and after 11 weeks I noticed significant improvement. I asked the doctor whether...

Last reply
  • Frequent urge to pee no UTi

Im 18 year guy I have a sudden urge to pee every 5minutes even though its very less and i have to put a pressure on my bladder to push urine out and just after peeing the urge comes back  I had my ultrasound and urine test Both were ok No kidney stones and no diabetes aswell Im on antobiotics...

Last reply
  • Colposuspention opp

Want some advise if anyone has had the colposuspension opp done.I had the bulking agent done 1st Dec 17.& only lasted 10days.& ive just had it done again & good for a week,leaking quite alot again.My next option is the opp.Is a big decision to make i need something ive no life. Wondered if...

Last reply
  • Burch Colposuspension

Hi, I'm 8 days post op after Burch colposuspension surgery. I had tried everything and this, i felt, was my last option. The surgeon was satisfied that everything had gone well, only time will tell. I had open surgery as keyhole is not yet available in my area.  I have an 18cm, very neat, bikini...

Last reply
  • Bulking agent

Hi  My consultant had recommended me having the bulking agent to cure my stress incontinance. Anyone got any advice advice on this as to whether it had worked or not. Thanks in advance 

Last reply
  • overactive bladder and bowel incontinence.

Anyone have a problem with both issues?   I have been doing PTNS which has helped my overactive bladder tremendously.   Once in a while I'll have bowel incontinence.   I thought PTNS would also help this as it stimulates the same muscle.    Someone at the doctors...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.