Skip to content

Urinary Incontinence

Also known as Incontinence - Urine, Stress Incontinence, Urge Incontinence

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Confusing Urinary Incontinence - Please Help!

Hi everyone, I really just need some outside advice. I am a 25 year old female - 5'3 and maybe 117 pounds. Since about October I have been having the WORST time trying to hold my bladder. I went to the doctor (just my regular doctor) multiple times and they immediately thought "you must have...

Last reply
  • Tvt

I’m having tvt done tomorrow hope I’m doing the right thing,it’s been cancelled once,I’m so nervous 

Last reply
  • Interstim for overactive bladder

I am going for this Interstim trial Tuesday and I must say I am SCARED TO DEATH!  I urinate every hour just about and it has taken a toll on my life.  Honestly it is ruing every part of my life.  Wondering if anyone has had success and how much pain I can expect...

Last reply
  • Betmiga ( Mirabegron ) Effectiveness?

Hi I was diagnosed with OAB around 4 months ago. I had had a prostate TURP procedure and my symptoms persisted and got worse. Incontinence, constant need to urinate and painful when i did (every 10 mins). I was prescribed Betmiga and initially noticed a huge improvement. My symptoms returned to an unpleasant...

Last reply
  • Advice on urge incontinence and whereing pads and underwea2

I am 17 and have urge incontinence and i have to where high capacity pads and incontinence underwear. I am worried and nervous that some one will see my underwear or see my spare pads in my bag. Dose anyone have advice. for example what to do in college, on holiday or with my frends im realy nervous...

Last reply
  • OAB treatment with Betmiga 50mg.

I had a TURis prostate resection a year ago. Four months ago I was diagnosed with Over Active Bladder (OAB) . The Doctor suggested the use of Betmiga 50mg for the treatment. I was taking the pills every day at the same time and after 11 weeks I noticed significant improvement. I asked the doctor whether...

Last reply
  • Frequent urge to pee no UTi

Im 18 year guy I have a sudden urge to pee every 5minutes even though its very less and i have to put a pressure on my bladder to push urine out and just after peeing the urge comes back  I had my ultrasound and urine test Both were ok No kidney stones and no diabetes aswell Im on antobiotics...

Last reply
  • Colposuspention opp

Want some advise if anyone has had the colposuspension opp done.I had the bulking agent done 1st Dec 17.& only lasted 10days.& ive just had it done again & good for a week,leaking quite alot again.My next option is the opp.Is a big decision to make i need something ive no life. Wondered if...

Last reply
  • Burch Colposuspension

Hi, I'm 8 days post op after Burch colposuspension surgery. I had tried everything and this, i felt, was my last option. The surgeon was satisfied that everything had gone well, only time will tell. I had open surgery as keyhole is not yet available in my area.  I have an 18cm, very neat, bikini...

Last reply
  • Bulking agent

Hi  My consultant had recommended me having the bulking agent to cure my stress incontinance. Anyone got any advice advice on this as to whether it had worked or not. Thanks in advance 

Last reply
  • overactive bladder and bowel incontinence.

Anyone have a problem with both issues?   I have been doing PTNS which has helped my overactive bladder tremendously.   Once in a while I'll have bowel incontinence.   I thought PTNS would also help this as it stimulates the same muscle.    Someone at the doctors...

Last reply
  • Urine Incontinence

Hi as anyone ever been to a continence nurse? I want to know what actually happens at the clinic.I'm very body concious and want to know what to expect before attending incase i can't go through with it.Do they only have female staff and how many are present in the room during examining? What...

Last reply
  • Urinary Stress Incontinence

Hi, I suffer from stress incontinence.  I haven't been doing my pelvic floor exercises as much as I should but it's getting a real problem now.  I love exercise, I teach classes and also am training to become a Personal Trainer so really need to get this problem sorted.  I went...

Last reply
  • Weird Pain symptoms

hi. i usually have no pain when im urinating but when it leaks/pees only a little/“forcing it” it hurts. should i be worried?

Last reply
  • Please HELP me urinating every 15 mins/extremely depressed

I am 49 never had a UTI or any urinary issues ever.  A month ago I woke up and could not stop urinating.  Its to the point that I cant go to work or anywhere else for that matter.  It was like a light switch this did't happen gradually.  I have been to the Dr 4 times and a urlogist,...

Last reply
  • For all those who suffer from incontinence

Every out there who are suffering from incontinence, remember you aren't alone I too suffer, I had 88 bags of depends and only have 11 soon to lessened if I continue to leak poop and pee into them. If any one has found a cure instead of pelvic floor exercises please contact me, or of you have any...

Last reply
  • i cant stop wetting the bed

im 17 and i currently am living with a friend. i have my own room but almost every night i wake up wet and i dont know why, it started a couple weeks ago and i’ve been able to keep it a secret. i wake up before everyone else and wash my sheets and clothes, but its getting exhausting and i really dont...

Last reply
  • Burch colposuspension

I've just had another urodynamics with xray test and have been told that a colpo suspension is the best way forward for me as my bladder muscle is too weak to allow me to wee properly after having TVT.  I'm quite pleased not to be having TVT as I've read some horror stories about them,...

Last reply
  • 18, male with Urinal Incontinence

I've had urinal incontinence for 7 days. When I visited a GP he prescribed my Ibilex, took a urine sample and told me to stop masturbating. I went back 3 days later, still experiencing leaking, to receive the results from my urine test. The GP said I had no abnormalities and my urine was of a normal...

Last reply
  • TVT surgery 8 weeks ago

hi I have been able to feel my tape with my finger for the last 4weeks but my surgeon says it’s nothing to worry about and he will see me in 4 weeks time. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last reply
  • Botox for Urge Incontinence

I have been told I may need botox injected into me to help with my urine urge incontinence. Has anyone else had this treatment.  Where abouts do they inject the botox, and was it sucessful. Thanks

Last reply
  • I need help with double incontinence without surgery, any advice?

I am doubly incontinent due to detrusor instability and a bowel prolapse.  Unfortunately I cannot have surgery under general anesthesia because of a high sensitivity to scoline which causes me to lose my breath, and I have been informed that no surgeon will touch me with a barge pole as they will...

Last reply
  • Inter Stim Device

Seeking any of my sisters (and brothers) who have had this device inserted. I am about to do so and want to hear from you, thanks.

Last reply
  • Successful AUS implant (AMS 800)

After nearly two years of high level incontinence as the result of a botched (in my opinion) Greenlight Laser procedure, I had an AUS (Artificial Urinary Sphincter) implant in November of 2017, and it has really helped me to regain some normalcy in my life.  Before, it was 8 or 10 Depends each day,...

Last reply
  • Passing urine without knowing

Hi I’m 47 , had 4 children and I can’t control my bladder... it used to be when I coughed or sneezed, laughing too much was a real problem, but lately I’m passing urine without being aware... and having to change throughout the day... I’m worried I’m going to become completely incontinent..,, too embarrassed...

Last reply
  • Urine leaking incontinence

I am a 19 year old male and I leaked poop and pee I have to go do pelvic floor exercises at Phoenix physical therapy in South Burlington vermont, I have been wearing depends and I only have 12 diapers left out of 88, you do the math, I am soon to be wearing underwear with a sorbet protection.

Last reply
  • Stress Incontinence/Pelvic Pain Undiagnosed

Hi  I am a 40 year old male who is a personal trainer and have been active my whole life.  I am 5’10 175 pounds. When I was around 22 so about 15 years ago I started getting a lot of groin pain that radiated down to the testicle.  At the time I was taking Propecia for my hair so looking...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.