Skip to content
Ad

Urinary Incontinence

Also known as Incontinence - Urine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • When I laugh I totally empty bladder

I was with a close friend who made me laugh a lot, great fun, however I completely and utterly lost control and fully wet myself. It happened immediately I laughed an I was totally unable to stop the flow. I did this in public places and was totally mortified. It happened around 6 times last week when...

Last reply
  • Burch colposuspension

I've just had another urodynamics with xray test and have been told that a colpo suspension is the best way forward for me as my bladder muscle is too weak to allow me to wee properly after having TVT.  I'm quite pleased not to be having TVT as I've read some horror stories about them,...

Last reply
  • Duloxetine for urinary incontinence - any good?

Hi all I am a 33 year old woman suffering with as yet undiagnosed urinary incontinence. All of my urinary symptoms have coincided with pretty severe lumbar spine problems which resulted in three separate surgeries.  I initially began to experience some urinary hesitation at the time of my disc...

Posted
  • Women who have used catheters, what's it like?

Hello everyone, We are a group of biomedical engineering students from Illinois Institute of Technology. We are developing a new female external catheter for clinical and home use and were wondering if anybody could give us any insight on the current market. If you have used an external catheter,...

Posted
  • e coli urine infection

My urine infection is coming back expect now with out fever, I took urine test I found out I might have e coli urine infection what should I do ? Is there certain herb or antibiotic I have to take or both  ??

Last reply
  • Weak Urine Flow

Hello you guys. I am 44. Sometimes at night when I wake up I have  a very weak urine flow. It seems I cannot urinate right away and I have to walk around a bit to get it going. Does anyone else struggle with this and why am I doing this? I am healthy otherwise and this only happens at NIGHT never...

Last reply
  • Standing to finish a pee

i sit to pee but then I have to stand to finish my pee  and then I still don't empty my bladder.  Just been to see a consultant at the hospital who tells me that the T.V.T I had done ten years ago is to high and that's what's causing the problem.. the consultants answer was for...

Last reply
  • "Mic"

Anyone know what happened to the "mic" clamp? It's clear plastic with an adjusting nut on each end. Been wearing one for two,years and wanted a backup. Way more comfortable than the Cunningham barely a bump under your shorts and being able to adjust both ends  makes it work perfectly.

Last reply
  • Teen Stress incontinence

My daughter is 19 and seemed to have suffered from several urine type/kidney infections for several years. Only very recently she has confided that she has been leaking not so much from coughing, but sneezing, She also can't hold urine when she needs...she has to go there and then, and often its...

Last reply
  • Pain after TVT???

Hi. I had my TVT op done on 17/8/17. I thought I was doing ok but recently I've been getting really bad period type pains and the pains are very low down in the site of the wounds. Today the pain has lasted all day long and didn't even go with painkillers. Is this normal? It's very irritating...

Posted
  • Innovo for urinary stress incontinence

Hi I've suffered with urinary incontinence for years, the slightest cough and I leak. I'm getting desperate now but have been put off the TVT op after researching it thoroughly and seeing people's experiences of it. I have bought the Innovo pelvic floor improver (electrical impulse garment)...

Last reply
  • Urinary Stress Incontinence

Hi, I suffer from stress incontinence.  I haven't been doing my pelvic floor exercises as much as I should but it's getting a real problem now.  I love exercise, I teach classes and also am training to become a Personal Trainer so really need to get this problem sorted.  I went...

Last reply
  • How to best manage my incontinence?

So I've been struggling figuring out how to best manage my incontinence during the day. I tend to get frequent urges and usually can reach a toilet but if not either I will leak a little or less frequently have huge surges. I've found that when wearing protection I try to hold my bladder longer...

Last reply
  • Bulkamid

Hi anyone had the bulkamid injections ? Did it work? Was it painful? Any info greatly received thankyou 

Posted
  • A Promising Solution to Bladder Leakage

Hello all, I am a new member here in this community. I am conducting research and studies on bladder leakage and incontinence. My research focus is on delaying or inhibiting involuntary voiding.  I have met and listened to stories of people who suffer from urinary incontinence. They would find...

Last reply
  • Four years and counting

I have been incontinent now for wel over four years. I have accepted my inccontinence cannot be ured and adapted to a life of incontinence pads and inco pants  adult nappies and plastic pants during the day and adult nappies and plastic pants at night. Anyone else in the same boat and ha shad to...

Last reply
  • Frustrating

Hi I'm Helena, I have a over active bladder and I've been under the hospital now 18 months and finally Doctors want me to self catherise at bed time. But now 3 times my appointment to have my training as been cancelled it's really getting on my nerves now.

Last reply
  • Tension Free vaginal tape for stress incontinence

Hi I am a 39 year old female who has suffered from stress incontinence since giving birth 15 years ago. I had a posterior prolapse repair 18 months ago and a vaginal hysterectomy (done at the same time) recovered from that and all is fine however still suffering with stress incontinence. My surgeon has...

Last reply
  • Leaky!!!

Farleigh 5 hours ago 0 Replies Hi. For a few months I have been noticing wet patches in my underwear that is urine, maybe just a few drops at a time, not loads. I don't notice I am "leaking". It happens multiple times a day, every day. I am a 30 year old male. I was wondering, can...

Last reply
  • College with Incontinence

I am about to return to college since I was last their I have started having some daytime incontinence issues as well as wetting more and more frequently at night. I was wondering if anybody has any advice or had similar expieriences any help would be appreciated

Last reply
  • Juliet Laser Treatment for urinary incontinence

Hello does anyone have any knowledge / experience of this treatment.  I believe it's relatively new in the UK and I'm considering trying it rather than going for a TVT operation.  Any advice/opinions gratefully received.  Thank you

Last reply
  • Incontinence and diabetes

Hi all. The question I have is how many people out there suffer from diabetes and have become incontinent? My worst problem is at night but I know I am lucky as I got in contact with my local continence service. After a few years taking different meds it was decided that they didn't work so I was...

Last reply
  • 20 and losing control

I'm 20 and feel like I'm losing more and more bladder control I leak during the day but can usually make it to a toilet but at night I wet heavily. I have an overactive bladder and have tried medication but the side effects killed me. I wear male guards during the day and Abena briefs at night...

Last reply
  • Male hormone imbalance with incontinence

Hiya I'm 26 year old male and I have urine incontinence due to imbalanced hormones I'm just finding it very difficult to keep a relationship due to having to wear incontinence pants and I also do sometimes leak abit from the other end (sorry if that was horrible ) I'm just wondering how...

Last reply
  • Inconsistant and back pain

First the back story: I am 44 and have never had the strongest bladder, and as a kid I had the occasional accident and did have beadwetting, but it went away except for the occassinal instancemay be 1 or 2 times a year. Reciently I have been having pretty bad lower back pain that hits my siatic (sp?)...

Last reply
  • Botox injections for Overactive bladder

Hi there, I have been suffering with an overactive bladder for the past seven years.  I have tried all the medications which I could not tolerate,  I am currently going through treatment of Tibial Nerve stimulation and have a great consultant.  I am now at a point of considering Botox...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.