Skip to content

Urinary Incontinence

Also known as Incontinence - Urine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Weak Urine Flow

Hello you guys. I am 44. Sometimes at night when I wake up I have  a very weak urine flow. It seems I cannot urinate right away and I have to walk around a bit to get it going. Does anyone else struggle with this and why am I doing this? I am healthy otherwise and this only happens at NIGHT never...

Last reply
  • Urinary Stress Incontinence

Hi, I suffer from stress incontinence.  I haven't been doing my pelvic floor exercises as much as I should but it's getting a real problem now.  I love exercise, I teach classes and also am training to become a Personal Trainer so really need to get this problem sorted.  I went...

Last reply
  • When I laugh I totally empty bladder

I was with a close friend who made me laugh a lot, great fun, however I completely and utterly lost control and fully wet myself. It happened immediately I laughed an I was totally unable to stop the flow. I did this in public places and was totally mortified. It happened around 6 times last week when...

Last reply
  • Passing urine without knowing

Hi I’m 47 , had 4 children and I can’t control my bladder... it used to be when I coughed or sneezed, laughing too much was a real problem, but lately I’m passing urine without being aware... and having to change throughout the day... I’m worried I’m going to become completely incontinent..,, too embarrassed...

Last reply
  • I need help with double incontinence without surgery, any advice?

I am doubly incontinent due to detrusor instability and a bowel prolapse.  Unfortunately I cannot have surgery under general anesthesia because of a high sensitivity to scoline which causes me to lose my breath, and I have been informed that no surgeon will touch me with a barge pole as they will...

Last reply
  • i am having problems with bathrooming

i am 19 son to be 20 in may i am a male with incontinence and bowel problems now which this started and i wear depends for my incontinence, but is it appropiate to want a potty for my room?

Last reply
  • Burch colposuspension

I am awaiting my date to go in and have this procedure, just wanted to know what to expect from anyone who has had it done. Thanks

Last reply
  • Inter Stim Device

Seeking any of my sisters (and brothers) who have had this device inserted. I am about to do so and want to hear from you, thanks.

Last reply
  • Stress Incontinence/Pelvic Pain Undiagnosed

Hi  I am a 40 year old male who is a personal trainer and have been active my whole life.  I am 5’10 175 pounds. When I was around 22 so about 15 years ago I started getting a lot of groin pain that radiated down to the testicle.  At the time I was taking Propecia for my hair so looking...

Last reply
  • Urinary incontinence with blood

I'm 66. Following aTURP procedure I have developed a bloody incontinence in the two years since. Its a real nuisance. I have had all sorts scan to find the source of the blood. I now suspect it comes from my testicals - could that be possible?

Last reply
  • The O Shot VS MonaLisa Touch laser therapy

I am a 31 yr old female. I seemed to have a weak bladde even before I birthed my three children and it’s gotten worse after each birth. I have extreme stress urinary Incontinence and I’m just getting so tired of dealing with it! Tired of not being able to play and jump and run with my kids. Being caught...

Last reply
  • Bladder incontinence in teen boy

Hi, I'm new to this group and looking for help and advice. I am 16 and have had a circumcision now 2 weeks later i think i have urge incontinence because suddenly i will need to pee and i can make it to the tolite. Is this just something that happens after circumcision or is it a big problem....

Last reply
  • Fed up

I’ve had problems with my bladder for around 2 years now, I can’t hold my urine. It just comes I wet the bed up to 3 times during the night every night. Been seeing urologist tried all the medication available, so they say anyways. Nothing worked at all. So now I’m to use a catheter before bed but that’s...

Last reply
  • 30, Male, Stress Incontinence?

For the last few months, I've noticed that I seem to leak a tiny bit of urine upon exertion. It doesn't happen all the time, and I can never get it to trigger on my own (like if I drink a liter of water and then cough or jump around), but when I exercise, I can feel a few drops of urine slowly...

Last reply
  • Macroplastique/urethral bulking agents

Hi Has anyone had any recent experience with any urethral bulking agents? Any success or horror stories? Ive had failed TVT sling and physical therapy not helping. Thanks for your help! 

Last reply
  • How do I help my 6 year old daughter with her leakage?

My poor little girl has 2 problems, her urine leaks and her bladder is not emptying fully when she goes to the toilet. She goes to school fresh and clean everyday and comes home damp and smelling very bad! Being 6 she is very embarrassed to tell her teacher that she needs to change.all the hospital does...

Last reply
  • incontinence

i am 19 years old & a male and I am suffering from incontinence and have found no solution to my problem, i wear depends and have graduated from BFA Fairfax VT and have a job as custodian at GEMS georgia elementary middle school, and would like know if any one can help me. god bless. oh and i am...

Last reply
  • Teen Stress incontinence

My daughter is 19 and seemed to have suffered from several urine type/kidney infections for several years. Only very recently she has confided that she has been leaking not so much from coughing, but sneezing, She also can't hold urine when she needs...she has to go there and then, and often its...

Last reply
  • Innovo for urinary stress incontinence

Hi I've suffered with urinary incontinence for years, the slightest cough and I leak. I'm getting desperate now but have been put off the TVT op after researching it thoroughly and seeing people's experiences of it. I have bought the Innovo pelvic floor improver (electrical impulse garment)...

Last reply
  • Pain and other directly after tvt

I am scheduled for tvt in about a week, I was wondering about the pain and other issues directly after surgery?   I am only taking one week off work and my day consists of a lot of walking. 

Last reply
  • [Male, 30] Stress Incontinence or Sweat?

Hello All, I've had this issue for the better part of six months now, and don't know what it is - kinda freaking me out. I feel like I'm either leaking little bits of urine, or it's just sweat coming from my groin area. The only real way I can trigger it is by exercising - if I jump...

Posted
  • Frequent Urge to urinate

Hi , I am 17 years old male  , . In June 2017 I was diagnosed with white coat hypertension so my doctor put me on blood pressure meds (metropol and  Chlorthalidone) . I had few blood tests and i had high rbc , low mch , mcv , etc . So , my doctor put me on Aspirin 150 and then Aspirin...

Last reply
  • Peeing without even realising?

Hi just wondered whether anyone has ever 'gone' and not even known about it? I went to the loo the other day and found that my shorts and knickers were absolutely saturated and I had no idea I had been! I am 46, it scared me but wasn't an isolated incident. There have been times its hapopened...

Last reply
  • Frequent Urination

I'm a 59 y/o female post menopause. Recently I've been having to urinate a lot during the night, at least 2-3 times. I talked to my primary care and he put me on some Detrol, which I tried for a few days and it did not help. Blood tests showed kidney function was fine..but what could be causing...

Posted
  • Not sure what this is?

I'm 34, male, 6ft2, healthy weight etc. and no known conditions, i.e.non diabetic. I am taking mirtazipine for the last 2 months. I have a close direct relative, father, who has diabetes type 2 (diagnosed in mid 50s). The last 2 weeks or so I've woken up in the early morning (range from 230am...

Last reply
  • Further op needed after a tvt operation

had a tvt mesh fitted approx 18 months ago.  I now have been told I need a further operation for pelvic floor repair. I would like to know if other people have had to have this. The mesh worked for a short time but now in a worst place than before. Is there a connection between these operations

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.