Colposuspention opp

Posted , 10 users are following.

Want some advise if anyone has had the colposuspension opp done.I had the bulking agent done 1st Dec 17.& only lasted 10days.& ive just had it done again & good for a week,leaking quite alot again.My next option is the opp.Is a big decision to make i need something ive no life. Wondered if a success.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Janet,

I had the burch colposuspension done 2 years ago and have never looked back!  Best decision I ever made and has had a huge effect on my quality of life.

I also had bulking agents which lasted up to a month so were a waste of time.  Prior to my op I would leak simply by just walking fast!  It's a major operation and takes time to recover but I thoroughly recommend it.  Happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Mary

• Posted

Thankyou,are you out of action for a couple of mths too?I had a active life & ive been 6mths not doing anything!I live on a farm & have a horse whats been ridden only twice.So im going to ring my consultants secretary up tomorrow.The doctor said if you think its not work ring up straight away.Does this opp course a problem with passing urine;& effect on sex life!Ive been googling.I would need opp soon too,then ive spring summer to get over it.But i will go private if i have too do.Thanks again

• Posted

Hi Mary

I came across this forum and am so pleased to hear you are happy with the colposupension.

may I ask. Are you still happy with the results. I'm due to have it done in June. I am worried as I'm about 3 stone overweight and worry this may have a negative effect on the results. I am trying to lose weight as I know this will help with the recovery

Sorry to be personal but, was you overweight when you had the surgery. Reason I am asking is most women who have had this OP are not overweight .

Thank you and sorry again if I'm being to personal.

Denise

• Posted

You won't be able to work for 6 weeks afterwards and no lifting for another 6 weeks. So it takes a good three months to recover.  Don't try to do things too soon or you will undo all the good work - be patient. 

I didn't have any problems with my bladder afterwards and there has been no difference at all to my sex life.

I hope it goes just as well for you! 

• Posted

Thanks for the info Mary.Ive rung my consultants secretary up 2day & ive got appointment to see consultant nxt Tues to have a talk of what nxt.I sooo hoped the bulking agent would have worked.I don't work,only at home making meals,now our lambing time starts this wked.Not heard from anyo e else about the opp.R u in uk. J.

• Posted

Yes I'm in UK and had my op under the NHS.  

Good luck - I hope it all goes well!

• Posted

Ive got appointment to c my consultant on Tues.Back on my big pads yesterday,change twice 2day😠😢

• Posted

Hi Janet

i had Tvt done and I definitely don’t recommend that but I’ve heard great things about Colposuspention and also sling made with your own tissue.  I think either route would be good way to go.  Don’t let them talk you into a TVT or TOT saying it’s tape and not mesh.  It has ruined many women’s lives and it’s a crap shoot when put in if you will be one of those women.  Wishing you a success in whatever you choose to do.  Take care!

• Posted

Hi;im booked in for the colposuspension,it was a big decision to make;my procedure isn't for mesh & i would go down that line anyway.Saw my consultant on Tues she did mention Sling but she sed u get bladder infections.So im down for Emergency,in about 6wks.I can't carry on any longer.Jan

• Posted

Hi, I'm 8 days post op after Burch colposuspension surgery. I had tried everything and this, i felt, was my last option. The surgeon was satisfied that everything had gone well, only time will tell. I had open surgery as keyhole is not yet available in my area.  I have an 18cm, very neat, bikini line incision that appears to be healing well.

I am still in a lot of pain and extreme discomfort but I keep reminding myself that I have had MAJOR surgery and only just over a week ago.  

I have had a few sneezy episodes and, so far so good, no leaking😁👍🏻🙏🏻 Going for a wee takes a bit longer than usual but I was warned about that. It should steadily improve. 

My GP has signed me off work for 3 months as I have a very demanding, active and physical job, work have been really supportive too.

I'm happy to keep you updated if you want and wish you well with your op x 

Ann-Marie

• Posted

So pleased to hear that your op has been successful.  Yes it is major surgery and takes 3 months to recover from properly but the benefits are huge.  Before too long you will forget you ever had this embarrassing problem and will be able to live a full life again. All the best!
    • Posted

Hi,thank for info,i go 4 my pre opp on Mon,then ive to have a MRI scan on 10thMay.So it will soon be after that. But my consultant says,don't google it;because every one has a different body shape.So i know all the pro's & con's.But even so im not looking forward to it.Ive been 8mths like this,& worse since i had a lump removed from my urethra tube, in Sept.Ive no life.xj

• Posted

Deffo don’t google it, just listen to the doctor. I’ve suffered years but got much worse2 years ago after prolapse surgery! 
    • Posted

hi, I am 3 days post Op and very swollen feel about 6 months pregnant, is that normal?

• Posted

hi Nicola, I'm just 3 days post op today and definitely feeling a bit that I need to go when I know my bladder isn't full. When I do start peeing it starts very quickly which surprised me. I thought the op would make it a bit more difficult?? Early days maybe. Also surprised at the sore heavy feeling in pelvic floor each time I stand up. Did you feel this in the early days? I hope you've managed to make a full recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.