Bed Wetting at 28

Posted , 7 users are following.

So last night I wet the bed. I use to be a bed wetter as a child. It stopped for many years then at the age of 21 it happened again. Then at 24 or 25. Then almost ever year since. Literally once a year for reasons unknown to me, I’ll wake up with my sheet soaked.

Last night in particular I had 1 1/2 alcoholic drinks, but I made sure to use the restroom before bed because at this point I'm paranoid. I had trouble falling asleep. I'm talking hours of dozing in and out of sleep and when I finally did, BOOM. I pee. To make matters worse I was at my bf's house. What's wrong with me?? I have no other issues using the restroom at any other time or health problems in general.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dani,

Its critical to have strong pelvic floor muscles to maintain night time urinary control in recent onset adult bedwetting.

I would suggest performing VIBRAKEGEL exercises on a Vibrating Platform because the vibration enhances the effects of the Kegel exercises 100 fold which rapidly strengthens the muscle in the pelvic floor including the bladder.

Checkout the Bodyvibe machine at bodyvibeusa.com.

Perform the above VibraKegels on the machine and you will be waking up with dry sheets every morning within a few days of use.

I have used this machine and exercises for years with amazing results!

Best,

Adele Podgorny R.N.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I know how you feel I wet the bed all my life too

• Posted

Alcohol effects the bladder and digestive system in huge ways. Drink less alcohol and watch what alcohol you drink. Cocktails arent so bad, but lagers, wine and spirits and rum are dangerous.

• Posted

Too much alcohol can promote a bad bladder, and loss of ability to hold pee in. Although 1 and 1/2 drinks in one day should not cause that to happen. If however you had 1 and 1/2 drinks of alcohol daily it would accumulate major problems with the bladder over time.

• Posted

Pelvic floor muscle exercises are a good way to build up strength in the pelvic region. But since bedwetting in adulthood can be quite awkward, it is better to understand and tackle the underlying causes.

Hormonal issues relating to Antidiuretic hormone (ADH) can cause issues with urination. Simple tests are available to measure the ADH levels in the body. Some people are bothered with bedwetting because of the smaller volume of their bladders. In such cases bladder training is required. In your case sleep disorders may also be the trigger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.