20 mg accutane a day

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi can anyone please advise, do u wash ur face in the morning before gym since moisturiser or night cream left over from night.? I worry i might overwash of i do wash pre n post workout.

can anyone again share their face wash routine? Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My face gets really oily throughout the night, I put on a night cream or a duac gel, so before I go do my morning yoga and walk my dog I just have to wash my face. When I come back I just clean it with a toner on a cotton pad, right now I'm using Garnier new mineral water.

Because I wear make up to college I wash my face after I come home to get rid of any that my toner didn't remove. Then I wash my face just before I go to sleep.

So I usually wash it 3 times a day, sometimes even 4. I know people say its bad to wash it too much, but I dont get breakouts from it or dry skin. So really just try it for a bit but always moisturise after washing your face and use a clean towel to dry it.

• Posted

Hi ricky....I'm only on day 6 of taking 20mg a day and wash my face once in the morning and once at night before going to bed, with just a very mild Dove moisturising soap. I have used Panoxyl 10 (Benzoyl Peroxide) gel for the past 20years and still using a little now as didnt want to change everything all at once...I finish with just a very small amount of garnier pure a moisturiser(i put this on just the mornings) which I've also used for many years....I'm taking accutane to control very oily skin which has been an using for 20years so dont put alot of moisturiser on but understand accutane is very drying so might need to use a little more over the next few weeks...
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I am currently on my 19 days 20 mg. I just develop 2 cyst which have come to head. One of it turned out quite big head. Should i pop it?

i am a guy who love to workout at gym in the morning. I now get frustrated whether to wash my face before gym coz i moisturise and spot treatment on those 2 cyst at night. If i just skip my face wash before gym, could it lead to breakout? Also,my face is not oily at all in the morning when i wake up coz of accutane. Please advise 

• Posted

Hi ricky, I'm no expert but do feel we can sometimes over-wash our skin and each time we wash it activates the pores in our skin. In my case whenever I wash my skin gets oily 30 minutes later. With some people, washing too much can make your skin even drier.....If possible, it might be worth trying to wait until after gym before having your morning wash..

Should you pop it? Many would say in no way should you ever do this as your skin is very sensitive and might mark your skin at a time when its clearing but I think its very difficult not to and in many cases it can heal quickier when you remove the head...I think its up to the individual and if you want to risk marking your skin....As for washing...I really do believe its important to find routine that works for you and stick to it, changing creams, washes and routine can only make your skin more senitive...Kind regards

• Posted

Hello I'm on 40mg a day and have been for nearly a month, I wash my face twice a day with a "simple" face wash as I did before starting the tablets and it leaves my skin feeling fresh, I wouldn't worry about washing your face before the gym if anything if I don't wash mine twice a day it can lead to a break out.
    • Posted

I agree tatum....I also just wash twice a say and just use the same Dove moisturising soap that I've used for the past 10 years....I understand when people say we need to use products to balance out the drying of the accutane but sometimes its the changing of your routine and the products we use that can trigger a breakout.....I also wash twice a day. I used accutane 7years ago for 6month course but my oily skin came back about a 1 year later so I'm now starting a low dosage course of 20mg and want to keep it low but take it over a longer period....Hope your course is working well for you!wink
  • Posted

Hi simon, thanks for ur prompt reply. I will take ur advise
    • Posted

Any time mate!wink....I dont have all the answers but just going off personal experience....It's difficult to know what to do for the best..We are all different and things like dosage, age, type of acne all have an effect on how the treatment works for us......I'm hoping to stay on 20mg(low dosage) for whole time I'm no the treatment as want to keep any side effects as mild as poss but understand this might mean I have to take it for a few extra months over the normal 6 month course....take care mate!wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.