Skip to content

Acne

New discussion Join group Also known as Isotretinoin, Roaccutane

All discussions in this group

Next
  • taylor72721 2

blakc heads on lip

i've had these little pimples on my lip for a while now when they first appeared they'd get big and grow white heads like a black head i recently started popping them and they'd leave scars on my lip has anyone else had this problem 

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • sannan16 1

Accutane journey

Hey guys ! I'm an 18 year old male . I started having pimples when i just turned 16 . Mostly on my forehead and occasionally on my cheeks . Used to control them with face washes and topicals. After 6 months my forehead cleared up but during that time period i had minor breakouts now and then on my

• ekta78 1

Acne - hormonal acne in adult women and its cures?

I’m a 35 year old Indian woman, and suffer from acne that keeps coming back. Here’s my history. I had mild to moderate acne in my teens, but into my twenties it got worse. I went to dermatologists who put me on antibiotics and creams and it turned into a vicious cycle. I got frustrated and tried

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bellaseb 2

Roaccutane ruined my life

Whilst I realise the good that this drug does a lot of people (including myself as it cleared up my acne permanently), I feel like I should share the negative side effects of this drug, as the impact it has had on me has been really quite severe. I am now 32 and was prescribed Roaccutane at the

6 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • Jjstorm6 2

Duac/benzoyl peroxide confusion

Hi, I'm a 21 year old male. Ive been using Duac Once Daily (Benzoyl Peroxide 5%, Clindamycin 1%) for years however these are the things I'm unsure about: 1. Does it need to be stored in the fridge even after opening it? I always thought the pharmacy has to store it in a fridge and then after it's

• ella14984 2
  • kallijay 1

Recurring underarm folliculitis

I get folliculitis under one arm after every time I remove hair (shaving, waxing and using cream). As well as this I developed an abscess around December on the other arm but that was a one-off. I was on Roaccutane for almost a year and stopped the treatment around October. Is it possible that

• sally79301 2

Roaccutane muscle and joint aches

Hi How are people finding the joint and muscle aching? Says 1 in 10 people get it. I'm really aching. Anyone got any tips? Thinking hot yoga just to keep moving and I also have a fantastic moisturiser so no dry face if anyone is interested

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kelly96015 2

how to get rid of dark spots please help

So basically I've been suffering from acne for about 5 years now and it's really depressing because I've tried every medications and many check ups but nothing helps me,but then last year i used this Asian cream both day and night cream,the night cream works better,reduced my acne and dark spots in

• lexi60496 1

Odd pimple??

Okay so many years ago I had a large painful bump on my arm. My mom popped it but nothing came out, however there was a good amount of blood. Despite my mom saying there was nothing there I got her to cut it open, many minutes maybe even a hour later she finally got to the source. There were four

• Rafapk4 1
  • daisy30139 1

Pimple and Acne Problems

Hi. I am a 14 year old girl and I am having pimple problems. I get bullied a lot at school because of this. My mom said that it’s normal for teenagers like me to get pimples, but in my case, I don’t think it is anymore. Pimples are everywhere in my face. I even get them on my back sometimes. My

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • abby38336 1

Small, red, scar-like dots; effect of nutrition???

Hi, I'm 20. Like I said in the description, both sides of my face have been taken over by small red marks that resemble the scar that's left after you pop a pimple. They've been there for about 4 months now. Thing is, it's completely unpredictable: they fade a bit some days and come back full force

• SAMGXXX 2
  • christine69336 1

ROACCUTANE COMBINE WITH ACNE INJECTION FOR TEENS

my son 15 yo had taken roaccutane for 2 months, dosage 20mg/day, he also got acne injection once a week, seems worked but the acne keep coming and left some scar on his face this roaccutane was prescribe for 6 months combine with acne injection once a week, this frighten me if any side effect of

• adam43694 2

Roaccutane Severely damaged lips

**Extremely sore lips** I have been on Roaccutane twice (April - October 2015 (40mg) & May - June 2016 (80mg)). I stopped taking the tablets In June 2016 for two reasons; my skin was clearing up and secondly because my lips were becoming unbearable with the pain that my dermatologist recommended.

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • claire52486 1

Confusing Acne

Hi guys! So I'm confused, I recently started using this mild face wash and says it contains salycilic acid because after a long time my cheeks that are clear grew 1 pimple (days before that it started being oily and having small tiny skin tone bumps). my skin was better for 5 days then suddenly I

• charlotte21117 1

Question about oxytetracycline for acne

Hi everyone so I need some help, I am 19 years old and have been suffering from acne since I was about 13 years old. I suffer from acne particularly on my forehead but also get white heads and black heads on my nose and chin. I finally went to the doctors as the acne is starting to ruin my

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • cjwroh 1

Isotretinoin - not able to take regulary - effects?

Hi, my son has taken his first does of isotretinion last night and has been given a months supply (30 x30mg) by the hospital.  Our next appointment is in 7 weeks when the dermotologist hopes to increase the dose.  Knowing the current situations with dermotologists in our area, Kent, I'm pretty

• mcncheri 3

Strange breast spot?? [img attached]

I thought this was something simple at first, since I'm horribly prone to breast acne and I get breakouts every now and again. Though this one seems a little different??? It's been about three or four days, and it's only gotten redder and the skin on top of it looks vein-y and kind of cracked.

• deeznuts 1

severe acne all over my back and face. What should i do?

I have had a very mild form of acne since i started puberty at about 12 - 13 years old and it didnt really bother me too much until it started getting worse and worse at about 15 (i am currently 16 years old) and i started getting acne all over my back,chest,face and neck. My back was particularly

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Dax21 2

Don't know if scars! Please help!

In between my eyes there are what appear to be small holes leftover from acne that resemble enlarged pores. Are they scars? Will they go away? Is there a way to get rid of them?

• mike47873 1

Question about Tretinoin usage and results

Hello, I've been using tretinoin for a couple of months now. So far I've seen some good results, except my cheeks are a bit red. I've been noticing on one side of my face I've been getting an occasional pimple here or there. Today I woke up, and just noticed a bump but it wasn't red and not so much

• lyly30557 1

Several new zits under my eyes

A week ago, I started using ice-cold green tea bags for my dark circles. I leave them on for 20 minutes. I have had 2-3 flesh-coloured bumps under both my eyes for a month, but I noticed yesterday that there are several little red zits all around my eyes now. I make sure that the tea bags are as

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Guest M

long time acne sufferer

hey hows it goin 21 and have had acne since i was 12 or 13 yrs old. my back and chest are the areas affected the worst, my face has cleared up tho i do get the odd one, by my calculations it should have all cleared up years ago but i guess im one of the lucky few who will still have them

• anna09092 1

Side affects

Hi, I've been on this medication for a month now and only this past week I've found my nails are really weak and bendy( which has never happened to me) also haven't had greasy hair without sound disgusting normally I wash it ever other day to keep the oils in but at the moment I haven't seen it

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • swengr 1

severe acne and scars, need suggestions.

Acne is been there for many years. I had taken on and off treatmetns , but not controlled. Now I am in my 30s. Still acne continues. Now I want get it treated throughly.  Also got Acne scars (got ice pick scars). Need suggestion 1) Should the acne scars be treated first (or) acne (or) together 2)...

7 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • tarsha 1985 1

Worried about accantane

Hey.. I've been on this medication for 12 weeks now. At first I had dry skin and dry lips. Now I've been researching and have had many of the symptoms. Is it worth having clear skin if I don't have a functioning liver for the rest of my life ? I need some help, some answers. I had OC in my

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Kandeel 1

Hair not oily

Is anyone experiencing non oily hair? Usually after 3 days it's pretty oily but since a month of roacutane there is really a drastic reduction in oily hair. Anyone else?

• aali1224 2
  • Forestflower 3

Is my obsessive bathing making my acne worse?

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place for this question. But abot a year ago I got bad sunburn on my shoulders and chest. After I peeled I had a random spout of acne that hasn't gone away after using prescribed liquids and creams and a 3 month course of antibiotics. Anyway, I bath everyday.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • alan77088 1

Bad Skin From Acne

What are some ways I can have better skin. I have acne and it is hard to find any ointments becuase it triggers acne.

• avagantamo 1

Acne resurfaced after Doxycycline, what should

I had mild acne before I started taking doxy. I was prescribed for 10 days for bleeding gums. After the 10 days both my bleeding and acne went completely away. I was really happy. But after 3-4 months I got a 'breakout' all over my face. Even my ear has a painful swelling. The swellings on my face

• kim60670 2

Small colorless bumps on forehead and chin

I am a female 16 year old and I have small bumps on my forehead and chin. They don't hurt but occasionally there will be a pimple. I've had them for almost four years now and I don't know how to get rid of them. 

• meganchristie97 2
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions