How to get rid of acne?

Posted , 13 users are following.

How can I get rid of my spots? I'm an 18 year old female from England. I have whitehead spots as well as Folliculitis. I'm currently on Clindamcyin which only seems to work when it feels like it...

I've tried everything and I mean everything!!! I've had all sorts of antibiotics which have failed every time (the last lot give me a kidney infection). I've tried all of the over the counter face washes, as well as facial watch from the doctor. I've tried washing/exfoliating with salt water, I've tried ice cubes, I've tried the steam method and toothpaste, I've tried countless things and NOTHING works sad

Can someone please help me because I'm really fed up of it and having to get make up all the time just to cover them up is getting expensive!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I emphasise with you as acne is awful isn't it.  I suffered severely with it all through my teens.   Have you tried rouccatine (not sure of the spelling).  It is strong and can cause depression which is why doctors use it as a last resort.   My nephew had acne and it was the only thing which really helped him.

The main thing is not to squeeze them as this will cause scarring - I know because I did and have regretted it ever since.   The good news is that acne usually settles down in your 20's as much as it is down to hormones at your age.  x

• Posted

No I haven't tried it however my acne doesn't tend to scar unless it's around the mouth but sometimes popping them corretcly helps relive pain and the apperencce evern though you aren't suppose to touch them but it's making me really uncomfortable and people with their sly comments isn't helping either (sorry about poor spelling).
  • Posted

Well white patches are mainly due to melanin deficiency at the particular skin spot. you must use an biotin along with melanin enhancing products which may reduce the white patches.
  • Posted

Well white patches are mainly due to melanin deficiency at the particular skin spot. you must use an biotin along with melanin enhancing products which may reduce the white patches.
  • Posted

This particular works rly well. it requires out the redness and also the size. ok, u mix equal levels of salt and water as well as u dip a cotton ball inside it. then u put this on ur pimple also it will go away. believe in me it works.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.