20 mg celexa and body tingling

Posted , 8 users are following.

I started celexa 10mg for 8 days then dr uppped my dose to 20mg and today is day 15 all together.  Last night I fell asleep around 10pm woke up wide awake at 11pm with my whole body arms and legs tingling, shaking and cold sweats, has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi missiea, yes I experienced that, it was the side effects of citalopram, I also had head buzzing feelings while I dropped off to sleep and it woke me up every time, a numbness going down my shoulders to my fingertips, all went in 4 days, now after 9 months back to my self, keep going missiea, xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply,  Its like i was doing great yesterday, went home after work took my 50,000 iu of vitamin d that i've been taking once a week then boom it all came back.  I just left my counselor and she  said that the high dose of the vitamin d could also be doing that to me, which makes sense on how I felt last night a few hours after taking it,  and since I have started taking it once a week for a month, was actually the last time I slept through the night.  Coinsidence maybe who knows yesterday was my last vitamin d at that dose so now i'll have to wait a week to see how I feel. 

• Posted

I think vitamin d gives me anxiety. My sister said she can't take vitamin d either, it makes her bounce off the walls.

• Posted

So true cause my sis also told me she cant take them. Wished she would of told me before I started mine lol
  • Posted

Hope your feeling better soon, there's plenty of people on here for advice, any questions don't hesitate, xx Chris

• Posted

How are you sleeping if you dont mind me asking,, I get about 3-4 hours a night if i'm lucky 

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply missiea, my first 2 weeks was hell on earth, I went to bed with fear through the night my eyes were closed but not sleeping, sometimes I might have dropped off for 1-2 hours then woke up with tingling sensations down my shoulders, then the next day I was feeling very down not only because of the side effects but lack of sleep, all this eased after about 4-5 days then eased again after another 7, don't worry it does get back to normal, Chris x

• Posted

Oh yes did I ever. The tingling would send me into a panic attack. Sometimes I still wake up soaked in sweat. It's all part of the deal. Isn't this fun?? 🍉

• Posted

That feeling of a panic attack was something I will never forget, face tingling then down my shoulders, wide eyes fear of death & doom, pacing around my house then on my knees crying to my wife then it would ease but slowly, either sweating or cold shake's after and during, all this about 3-4 times a day for about 7 days, so glad it's gone and it will for you too, Chris x

• Posted

Isn't is awful? I was driving with friends when I felt a rush of hot tingles go through my body and buzzing in my head. Thought I was going to be sick. I couldn't tell anyone. I spent the rest of the night feeling ill, going to the bathroom to run my hands and arms under cold water. The panic attacks have stopped but I still feel horrible. Do you feel better now?

Sarah

• Posted

You guys are Awsome thanks so much for your replies sorry took me a little while to respond. Went by my cousins for a few hours after work for supper and first half of Patriots game. Felt better throughout the day but just now as I was getting ready to leave my cousins to come home. Boom panic attack started but I got in my jeep with my bottled water turned on radio took a couple of deep breaths before I drove off turned radio on and talked myself through it. So far so good. Never thought at 39 I'd be dealing with this again. I first had it at 21 was on paxil for a few years. Been off meds about 10 years then stuff happened this year basically all at once and it all caught up to me and anxiety set in.

• Posted

Yes - the first week of taking Citalopram I woke up sweating and my arms tingling/pins/needles.  I couldn't figure out what it was until I had the same feelings during the day.  the drug "moved" my anxiety from my stomach/chest to my arms/back. 

• Posted

Its horrible, the 1st week i was on 10mg experienced it now im on 20mg and feel like im experiencing it all over, been a little over two weeks so far and I still wake up with massive anxiety, shaking and sweating I also get pressure in the head from time to time and my ears get blocked.. you guys get this also or did?
    • Posted

I know this is a fairly old post but just came off Celexa cold turkey..I was only on it for roughly 7 weeks before I started itching all over..I had gone up to 20 mg and didn’t feel well and ended up backing way off to 5 mg and going off cold turkey..within days I got pins and needles everywhere!! And almost 5 weeks later still have it! Maybe not quite as bad but my legs get so shaky..and I feel jittery..how long does this last? My GP office said 3 weeks but I have read upwards to 6 or more..these symptoms can drive a person mad..did it take you long?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.