20 mg for sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi docs have me 20mg for sleep. Two nights ago I took the quite late and didn't wake to 12 the next day and feel vague, is this normal? Should I take it earlier? Dose to high? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mark

i take 30mg of mirtz each evening its best to take it early in the evening, and yes it could cause you to oversleep taking it late. However i get a wonderful nights sleep i wake up as sharp as a pin and ready to go i hope this info helps answer your question. Ross

• Posted

Thankyou if I need to wake at 7 what time also I presume alcohol effects it?
  • Posted

Hi Mark

Mirt contains a strong 'slow release' sedative, it will probably last all day, give or take depending on the individual.  Not sure if you know, it's not a sleeping tablet, Mirt' should carry a strong warning not to stop suddenly or drink alcohol with it - it doesn't work so well with alcohol.

There is plenty of advice on this forum to read should you decide it's not for you, but as a kindness, may I bring to your attention not to stop suddenly as the wd is megga, and the wd takes between 2 to 3 weeks to kick in!

I hope Mirt' solves your difficulties, it's been very good for me, so far ...

Wishing you well smile

• Posted

Thankyou for your kind reply due to pain anxiety alcohol has been used to sleep. My sleep has always been terrible and as I am already suffering withdrawal from setraline sleep is important I cannot remember the last time I had a natural sleep. If I start to wind down at 9 to sleep for 10:30 what time would u suggest.
  • Posted

Hi Mark

I think an hour or an hour and a half as you start to wind down will be fine.  B setting the alarm and forcing yourself to get up is healthy for your sleep pattern.  I could recommend "Say Goodnight To Insomnia" Dr Greg Jacobs.

I take 15 mg Mirt for sleep, the lower dose is supposed to be more sedating !!!  I didn't know you could get 20 mg - it comes in 15 and 30 mg here, folk talk about taking 22.5 / 30 or 45 mg - the higher doses being for depression I think.

You say you feel "vague" - within a week or so youu may find your body gets more used to it and that "knocked out" feeling first thing in the morning gets better.

Remember - don't suddenly stop, check out advice elsewhere on this forum first.

Wishing you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.