20 mg of cit for almost 4 weeks now, upped dosage from 10 mg dec 9/14

Posted , 2 users are following.

doctor started me on cit 10 mg in november and after a month or more he upped the dosage from 10mg to 20 the 9 of dec/14. it seemed to be working fine until the last day or so when that time of the month started and anxiety kicked in! i do realise this takes time to get into your system it has been exactly 4 weeks and 1 day that i have been on the 20 mg , wondering if this is normal, cant get in to see my doc till end of this week, maybe its just starting to kick in now, not sure... any help would be appreciated

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Candace 

I have a discussion with the exact problem Hun altho I have been on citalopram 20mg from November and was great and right at 10 days before my period wham anxiety panic attacks and moods linked to pms kicks in! Not as strong as before but I know it can take 3-4 months for the citalopram to work just stick by it and I found talking with my loved ones really helped Hun and here is great support! Good luck!! Your doing fab the fact you have good days is a good sign Hun xx

• Posted

It helps knowing that tgere are others out there with this very same issue but I feel it should be working better than what it currently is, it's slways rough for me starting about a week before that time of the month and what's worse is not sure why, hormones I guess 😉
    • Posted

Ach Hun it really is early days you are not long from upping your dosage you are doing fantastic! Please try and stay positive I know only too well how it's so hard! But give it time Hun you will cope better! Hormones definitely play a part in our moods! My GP did explain to me since I have a history of severe PMS that while the meds are adjusting ovulation phase will exacerbate my depression and anxiety not to give up hope!! I notice that when my period comes the moods lift Hun keep an eye for that also! 

Emz xx

• Posted

Thanks for being a listening ear, it can be very hard to be positive , but I am trying
    • Posted

Oh I hear ya missus!! I'm the same I hear it I say it and sometimes it's just so hard but rem we are always here! 

Emz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.