20 min aura migraine

Posted , 2 users are following.

20 min aura migraine anyone?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you asking if anyone has had a 20 minute aura migraine? Are you asking if it is normal or unusual? I'm not sure what your question is.

• Posted

Just people's experience, my question Would be can anyone link these to statins? I've been on statins around 5 weeks and had two 20 min aura migraines .

• Posted

I don't know about the statins, but a 20 minute aura is not unusual. Mine always last 20-30 minutes.

• Posted

Thanks for replying think I will stop them for a week see how things go I also ache from waist down hips knees etc , was on them around a year ago and although cholesterol levels dropped dramatically over 3 weeks I ached then too.
    • Posted

Plus started a cough
    • Posted

Personally, I would never take statins. They often cause more harm than good. If you are having those kinds of symptoms, you should be careful. There are many safe alternatives to them. I don't know how high your cholesterol is, but I know a lot of doctors prescribe statins even when it's not that high. My husband and I take ground flax seed every day and both have great cholesterol readings. I know a lot of people who take Red Yeast Rice, which is a supplement you can get at health food stores. In fact, my MD usually tells people to try that first. But I am no doctor and can only tell you what we do. You need to decide for yourself.

• Posted

I hate meds full stop my cholesterol was 7 which is what it was last year before statins, but because my alt and ast were raised GP said to go on them. Think we are all different and dont/can't fit into regulations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.