Skip to content

Migraine

New discussion Join group Also known as Eletriptan, Ergotamine, Imigran, Maxalt, Migraleve, Naratriptan, Relpax, Rizatriptan, Sumatriptan, Zolmitriptan

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Becky-Louise 3

Migraines everyday, all day, for 9 months. Help!!

Remember your worst migraine. How much pain you were in and how you just couldn't do anything. That's how I am everyday. Right so I'm a 20 year old female, I'm and student and work as a waitress part time. So, I started with a headache on the 18th January this year, pain killers didn't touch it. Woke...

677 replies 19 votes Last reply
  • stephanie 13761 2

Sudden onset of migraines

Hi. I'm a 57 year old female who would go years without a headache, but several months ago I started getting awful ones nearly every single day! Nothing helped to relieve the pain. I even wake up in the middle of the night with headaches. I saw my GP on June 19 and he prescribed propranolol, 60mg once...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bob01849 2

Constant headache / migraine for 2 months strait. Need Help!!

So for the past 2 months strait I have had a headache / migraine / headapains all day every day. It started with a pressure feeling with constant aches and shooting / stabing pain that moves around my head. I feel constantly dizzy and i get a weird smell ever couple of minutes that smells like burning...

• Congen1 1

Hemaplegic Migraines

So Monday night felt like my head exploded. Left eye swelled shut extremely bloodshot. Left side of gace extremely swollen. Light and noise sensitive. Loss of feeling in left hand and foot. Worse pain in head than i ever been thru. So finally discharged Tursday night. Ct and MRI showed no stroke or seizure....

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • patti19 1

Migraine help

I take 100 mg a night of trazadone to help with insomnia and I am supposed to be taking topomax to help prevent my chronic migraines. I am not taking the topomax currently because it made me foggy the next day. Now I am also having dull pain on the left side backof my head on that bone. General triggers...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • mebooboo 2

Fioricet vs Tramadol

Has anyone taken Fioricet or Tramadol for migraines?  Which has worked better for you?  Also, any ideas which is safer, as I am a person in recovery and would rather take the drug that has a lesser detrimental effect.  I was prescibed Fioricet, but I am not sure I care for it.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • melissa04000 3
  • personal20 5

Hemaplegic Migraine and driving

I just wanted to ask, has anybody been told to stop driviing because of this condition? I get a warning that its coming on, but obviously when an attack happens I cant drive at all. I have just been released from hospital folling another episode and my car is still at work, I cant drive it yet, but as...

• amanda14348 2
  • patty818 5

Anyone with Migraine associated vertigo & have all these symptoms?

Hi I'm having a pretty bad time right now.  I don't if anyone here has this disorder and can help me.  I have had this 2 yrs this month and I'm so  tired of waking up everyday with something to deal with because of this. I've been on propranolol for 7 months and its helped the headaches but has stopped...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sanddancer 2

hemiplegic migraine

i have recently been diagnosed with hemiplegic migraines. as its such a rare condition alot of doctors dont know anything about it , or how to treat this debilitating condition. i am typing this because i hope that it may help someone out there who is going through this and the doctors dont seem to know...

331 replies 15 votes Last reply
  • marie43202 3

Prescribed Topiramate (Topamax) but worried about side effects.

Just been prescribed Topamax (gradual lead up to 50 mg for 6 months) and after researching side effects on the internet, seems alot of people are complaining of extreme hair loss which doesn't stop even when you stop taking the med. Any input/experiences from patients in this forum would be greatly appreciated?...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Lilac S 2

Blurred vision for over 12 hours...anyone else had this?

I woke up with blurred vision in my right eye. Has been noticeable most of the day. I feel sure that a migraine is coming and it's a warning. I've had this before but I'm sure the migraine was here before 12 hrs had passed. Has anyone else had similar symptoms. I'd be be v grateful to hear about them....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tiffany 09843 2

Migraine with aura

Hello, not sure if this has been posted before but I'm a 26 year old woman and I began having migraines about 7 years ago, but had my first aura along with migraine 3 years ago. Since then, I have had at least one a month, sometimes multiple in a week. I go through periods where I won't have them for...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • darryl94146 2

migraine with aura scared

I had a aura in left eye for 10 mins and then pain behind right eye. Scared me so much had a panic on . Are these normal does any one else have them any advice please

19 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • traceyjane66 2

Magnesium for migraine

hi everyone i suffer from migraines and cluster headaches. ive been reading about magnesium helping to prevent migraines. Does anyone know which magnesium to try? There is so many different types. I am currently trying Magnes citrate but read that other types of magnesium may be more effective. Please...

• Sunnysky 2

Migraines when waking up

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I have always been a migraine sufferer but recently I have migraines as soon as I wake up in the morning, as if it has a been "brewing" in my sleep? Has anyone else had this? Did any medication/diet changes work for you? And reduce your migraines?...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • christina84732 2
  • Whatsername 1

Chronic migraine and beta blockers

I have had chronic migraine for years now and am struggling to find a preventative that works for me. I have tried Topirimate, Gabapentin, Nortriptyline, Propranalol and now Metoprolol. The only one of these that seemed to have some effect was the Propranalol but the side effects of nightmares and sleep...

• ClaireZBear 2

Hemiplegic Migraine

Hello..... The beginning of this month (March 2017) I was rushed into hospital with a suspected stroke, thankfully the CT scan showed no bleed on my brain so I was moved to another ward and in the morning I saw a neurologist, who diagnosed me with hemiplegic migraine. Due to how I was feeling I did...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • robyn01712 2

Can anybody help me?! Doc says Migraine..???

Hello, I am new to this so please bare with me and i apologise for the long post. Im at 26 year old female. Began to feel unwell end of February (approx. 27th)   Saw GP on 5th March. Symptoms: ·      Pressure behind eye ·      Shooting pains in head ·      Tiredness ·      Blocked ears   Outcome:...

47 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sharon43258 2

Caffeine and increased migraines

i have just retired and I have had more migraines in the last two weeks than ever before. I am prescribed Candesartan which has been a godsend but I also need to take triptans orally or subcut. I thought it may be due to the effects of stopping work ( no stress etc) but I have also stopped caffeine for...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • CCC73 1

Different Kind of Migraine

Hi All, Experienced a different kind of migraine and it's worrying me. About a week ago I was just buying something at the local shop when I looked up to take my change to see half my view in my left eye was distorted, flashing bright lights etc. Now normally when I get migraine the aura will start...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • anne 51242 2

Phantosmia aura

Hi, I'm new to this site and was hoping someone else might have experience of a new type of migraine aura that's appeared in the last 2 weeks. I first had migraines in my mid twenties, no headache just the zigzag auras and feeling really weird for a few days. They were very rare (maybe one a year) but...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • grazey 2

Migraine effects related to shingles?

I have never had migraine headaches, however I have has many episodes of the aura - the jagged arcs or circles forming in my vision but not through the eyes, if that makes sense.  Four years ago I suffered an attack of shingles (which is caused by chickenpox)  causing me much pain in the right side of...

• nuttyfruitcake 2
  • traceyjane66 2

Migraine and cluster headache HELL

HELLO If there's any migraine sufferers out there have you tried vitamin B2 400mg and magnesium? I came off piztofen about 2 months cus the weight gain was making me miserable. I was fine at first but ad 2 migraines this week and always got headache. I did some research and found out about B2 and magnesium....

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kate38866 2

Switching preventative medication - topirimate to propanolol

Hi all. Looking for some advice. I have had a discussion with my GP recently about my current medication. I am on 150mg topirimate (50 in morning, 100 at night) but lately I feel like I am experiencing a lot of side effects from it. I feel like I am in a bubble, with my memory somewhat affected and just...

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • melissa04000 3

Hydrops?

Has anyone had hydrops? Just curious what the symptoms are. Do you have episodes of dizziness and pressure in the ear during the episode or all the time?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • NetroPhil 2
  • NetroPhil 2

Aura Numbness Paranoia - Does Anyone Else Get This?

So every now and again I get migraines - lately, kind of in small seasons cause for over a period of a couple of weeks I get them on and off and then then they bugger off for a bit. I get aura in the form of blind spots and moving patterns in my eye, and most concerning of all travelling numbness that...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • leee24 1

FACIAL MIGRAINES?????

For about 7 months now I have been getting weird sensations in my face. Out of no where one side of my face will get a very warm feeling, and then a bunch of other symptoms will follow. I will get an inflamed feeling on my cheek and a pulling feeling on the bottom of the affected sides eye. The corner...

• mudskippa 2

Vestibular Migraine / Migrainous Vertigo - what helped you?

Hi I've just been diagnosed with Migraine-associated vertigo after 10 months of daily symptoms. The main ones are dizziness and imbalance, but I do also get headaches and weird neurological-type symptoms like numbness, slurred speech, confusion etc. I can not currently work it is so bad. Has anyone...

48 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • paul1985 2

Ocular/Retinal Migraines For 2+ Years. Please help!!!!

Hi all, I'm a bit of a newcomer to migraines but will give a breif outline. I have never really suffered from headaches during my life until now (i'm 29). There is no family history of migraines. Out of the blue, after a family function 2 years ago, we got home and I noticed the image out of my right...

22 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • patricia69095 3
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.