Skip to content

Migraine

Also known as Eletriptan, Ergotamine, Imigran, Maxalt, Migraleve, Naratriptan, Relpax, Rizatriptan, Sumatriptan, Zolmitriptan

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Memory

Does anyone else’s migraines change, depending on what eye you get the aura in ? If I get a migraine in my left eye, I only get zigzagging in that eye and maybe a bit of tingly but after an hour I am fine, no headache. If I get a migraine in my right eye, which is only about once every 2 years, once...

Last reply
  • Second day on nortriptyline

Recently I have been diagnosed with a daily type of migranie which causes imbalance, dizzyness and visual blurryness although I don't always have a headache. The doctor put me on nortriptyline 10mg once a day at night. I'm on my second day and my dizzyness and visual symptoms have gotten far...

Last reply
  • Migraine Novice

New to the forum and migraines. I have been having crazy symptoms for a while. Head pain/pressure, anxiety, depression (out of nowwhere)dizziness, blurry vision, floaters, neck and shoulder pain, tinnitus, pain when chewing, and worst of all crippling fatigue. I saw a neurologist and she wasn't...

Last reply
  • Migraines everyday, all day, for 9 months. Help!!

Remember your worst migraine. How much pain you were in and how you just couldn't do anything. That's how I am everyday. Right so I'm a 20 year old female, I'm and student and work as a waitress part time. So, I started with a headache on the 18th January this year, pain killers didn't...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with migraines, but I'm not so sure..

Hi guys, Just this morning, I’ve been diagnosed at the Walton Centre in Liverpool as having migraines. He’d advised to cut out certain foods, give it 4-6 weeks and see how I felt. I was told things would get worse before they improved. In truth, I feel no different. It’s been a long, arduous journey...

Last reply
  • Non-stop 24/7 "migraine" headache for 4 years. New development

Hello my name is Dylan. I'm 18, and have been suffering from a constant "migraine like cluster-headache" for the last 4 years. It all started when I got sick with the H1N1. I was assumed to have the H1N1 based on my symptoms, although a test was never done, and I was prescribed tamiflu....

Last reply
  • I have been having the symptoms of a TIA day after drinking alcohol

Some nearly 5 weeks ago the evening after a night out. I suddenly developed a rushing feeling from my neck through to thefront of my head. I felt like I was going to have a fit or faint. According to my family I was incoherent with slurred speech. I went to A&E who said my blood pressure was very...

Last reply
  • Headaches and Migraines - When will it end?!

Hello I've been suffering from what doctors now believe to be migraine related vertigo for about a year now. The vertigo has drastically improved, but the headaches and migraines are causing me lots of problems. Doctors put me on propanolol for headaches nearly 3 weeks ago and if anything I think...

Last reply
  • Vestibular Migraine

10 years ago my ENT diagnosed me with vestibular migraine. There is no pain, only 24 hours that begins with (what i call) violent vertigo, then continues with nausea and dizziness. Driving is impossible during vertigo and difficult with the rest. He put me on verapamil and my attacks went from every...

Last reply
  • Frequent aura attacks - only very slight headache afterw...

Frequent aura attacks - only very slight headache afterwards. Attacks last 30 minutes - can be either right or left sided. Aura starts in shape of small zigzag letter 'c' (this way 'c' seen if on left - reversed if on right)then gets larger until the 'C' disappears out of view...

Last reply
  • Constant headaches

I have had severe headaches since I was 10 but lately it has become so constant and severe that no amount of pain killers can get rid of it and it happens almost every other day either when I wake up or leave my house. I had scans done and had been told nothing is abnormal or anything, what can I do...

Last reply
  • Does anyone have withdrawal info on Nortriptyline???

I was on Nortriptyline for a year for migraine prevention.  I found it was making me extremely tired and my heart race.  I unfortunatelly stopped it two weeks ago abruptly.  Does anyone know how long wtihdrawal symptoms last for.  Still feel jumpy, brain zaps, insomnia and headache....

Last reply
  • Bendroflumethiazide 2.5 mgs works for my migraines

Hi I've had migraines all my life, for 30 years, every month sometimes 2 or 3. I started taking the above diuretic for border line BP and my migraines stopped. I take one every day and they prevent migraines for me, they won't stop a migraine in its tracks though. I tried stopping them once because...

Last reply
  • migraine with aura scared

I had a aura in left eye for 10 mins and then pain behind right eye. Scared me so much had a panic on . Are these normal does any one else have them any advice please

Last reply
  • hemiplegic migraine

i have recently been diagnosed with hemiplegic migraines. as its such a rare condition alot of doctors dont know anything about it , or how to treat this debilitating condition. i am typing this because i hope that it may help someone out there who is going through this and the doctors dont seem to know...

Last reply
  • Migranie with aura?

I have been suffering withbmugranies for about 6 years now. Within the last two months, I have noticed with my migraines. The day before the migranie : I am unable to concentrate, I have trouble finding words and I feel very out of it . Some time I may start to feel dizzy or like I may pass out. The...

Last reply
  • Hemiplegic Migraine (Any advice of just any moral support)

Hi all, This is my first time posting on the site but i've been reading posts from other users for a while. I'm just looking for some advice or just moral support from other sufferers (is it bad it's comforting knowing that other people are going through this too?)  I have had migraines...

Last reply
  • Migraleve and Nurofen?

Whenever I get a migraine, I often mistake it as a regular headache (until it gradually gets worse, then there’s no mistaking!) I always start with Nurofen but if it develops and I need Migraleve, I end up waiting the 4 hours until the Nurofen is out of my system before taking any. The other day I called...

Last reply
  • Migraleve

I threw up my Migraleve tablets 15 minutes after taking them. Is it safe to take another dose? I drank some orange juice with my tablets.

Last reply
  • Vitamin B2 and migraine prevention

Has anyone used a high dose of vitamin B2 to reduce the frequency of their migraines.  There are a few supplements at the chemist that have vitamin B two, magnesium and feverfew in them. Has anyone had any success? 

Last reply
  • Head pressure and tiredness !!

Recently was in the hospital from severe headpain which was diagnosed as migraines. I'm having sevre lighheadness and head pressure lately nothing seems to get rid of it. I have had all the tests done from mris to ct scans all came back as nothing is wrong. I've been getting really tired lately...

Last reply
  • I dont know what to do anymore

So Ive been doing ok and all but whenever I take my nasal spray- Dihydroergotamine Mesylate, USP. I puke because the taste of it makes me even more nauseous than normal... Im at a loss. I take a handful of meds and at least have 2 dr. appts. a week *-*   Its getting frustrating that I dont even...

Last reply
  • Throbbing headache--Migraine?

Two days ago I woke up with a throbbing pulsing headache on my left side. It has continued now for 48 hours. Every migraine I have had in my life has had the aura so I took meds and I was always able to stop it. So I never actually knew what migraine pain felt like. I am a 50 year old female and this...

Last reply
  • Migraine?

I have been struggling with migraines since Christmas... I have pain on one side of my head and numbness and cold feeling on face and arms... and the left side of my body feels a little weak... fingers area little tingly... I was given imitrex which takes the pain awa y for a while but the numbness always...

Last reply
  • Does anybody else have these kind of migraines?

Hi, I’ve never posted on a health forum before so i hope i do an ok job. I would love to hear any advice from anyone who is going through the same thing. I’m 26 years old I first started getting migraines about 4 years ago when i was having a particularly stressful year. I would become intensely hungry...

Last reply
  • Scary migraine

New Years Eve I went out and felt 100% nothing was wrong at all. Started having blind spots in my vision which I knew was a migraine coming on, got home half an hour later and tingling and numbness in mouth and weakness on my left side. From experience I knew the headache would then be on the right side....

Last reply
  • severe migraine/bulging disc

Ok, I've been having bad migraine everyday and jaw pain. Tongue and lip twitching. Just had mri of neck My c3-4, c4-5 show bulging disc My c5-6 and c6-7 show central disc profusion And c4-5 severe right side neuroformainal stenosis and bulging disc. My question is can this give me severe head...

Last reply
  • Ergotamine

I have tried many medications to "help" my migraine which if untreated is quite debilitating. Migril is the only one which arrests the progression of the headache and allows me to function normally and not have to retire to my bed. Migril is no longer available in Australia and I...

Last reply
  • Cluster migraines

My Grandson 26 has having bad headaches for at least a year. He gets nauseous, and then sneezes, then the headache. We have finally found a neurologist that seems quite aware of this sequence of events. He is calling them cluster headaches or suicide headaches. He gets nauseous at least 5 times daily...

Last reply
  • Hemiplegic Migraine Has Cost Me My Job & Career

Hi Fellow HM sufferers I would just like to share with you my own personal experience with HM & how it has destroyed my livelihood and career in the hope that it doesn't happen to you. I'e suffered from Familial Hemiplegic Migraine Type 2, since early childhood, and during those early years...

Last reply
  • Flashing Lights in Vision

It started with dizziness and really bad vertigo and a strange sensation in my right ear. Then a month later I started having chest pain and I was told acid reflux and costochrontitis then I was told musculoskeletal. I started having the flashing lights after my anxiety went through the roof. I've...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.