Skip to content

Migraine

Also known as Eletriptan, Ergotamine, Imigran, Maxalt, Migraleve, Naratriptan, Pizotifen, Relpax, Rizatriptan, Sumatriptan, Zolmitriptan

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Change in Migraine Frequency

I have had silent migraines all my life but usually the frequency is may be 1 per month or every 2 months. Lately though I have been getting them frequently. In the last month I had 5 of them some 2 days in a row. They disappear within 10 to 15 minutes with no pain only zig zag lines which disappear...

Last reply
  • Advice please?

I suffer from migraines quite badly and have tried various tablets to try and control them. I have recently come off of Topiramate as it was making me have severe mood swings. The neurologist has given me Gabapentin to try however, this is my second week taking them and just  this week I’ve had...

Last reply
  • Topamax?

I was prescribed Topamax today for Migraines. I’m supposed to take it at night before bed for 7 days, then twice a day after that. All I’ve heard were bad reviews. Has anyone else had luck with this medicine?

Last reply
  • Confused

I am new to this forum as many of my present neurological symptoms point towards some sort of possible migraine diagnosis or least cause. Apologies in advance if I ramble. 8 weeks ago I woke with horrendous tinnitus. I have had unresolved tinnitus for 10 yrs. nothing like this though. It was loud and...

Last reply
  • Riboflavin - anyone tried it?

Hi there, I'm a chronic migraine sufferer who, unfortunately, is also sensitive to the side effects that come with the popular prevention medications such as amitriptyline, topiramate, propranolol etc. I am just coming off the latter after being on it for a year and having gained nearly 2 stone and...

Last reply
  • I've had a chronic headache for 9 weeks! HELP ME!!

Hello readers, I am a 12 year old female and some of you may have read my post in headache- headache for 5 weeks-help me!!!!!!  I am not pregnant and I haven’t got my periods.   My headache started on the 2nd May and I came home from school early with a headache like I usually get- see below....

Last reply
  • New migraine spanning for three months?

I've had this new kind of headache lasting for three months and I can't seem to get rid of it fully. I am a 17-year old thatwas diagnosed with ocular migraines with moderate to severe light sensitivity two years ago but, this is new headache has different symptoms. It started at the end...

Last reply
  • hemiplegic migraine

i have recently been diagnosed with hemiplegic migraines. as its such a rare condition alot of doctors dont know anything about it , or how to treat this debilitating condition. i am typing this because i hope that it may help someone out there who is going through this and the doctors dont seem to know...

Last reply
  • Just started Pizotifen, advice needed

Hi I am looking for some advice... I have migraine related balance disorder (/MAV/Vesitbular migraine). My neurologist has just prescribed Pizotifen. I already take venlafaxine 37.5mg to help with the anxiety and struggles caused by the condition. I've previously failed with gabapentin and nortriptyline...

Last reply
  • Migraine or stomach flu?

Three days ago I started getting a dull pain in my abdomen (mostly the upper part but it sort of spread across my whole tummy) and my back. I have IBS so assumed it was related to that. The next day the pain was still there, intermittently, but every few hours I'd feel it. I went out to eat and...

Last reply
  • Amitriptyline (Endep) causing very weird dreams

This is my first post here. I have been suffering severe chronic migraines for the past year and a bit and severe chronic headaches with occasional migraine for the past two and a half years. I’m 25 and I live in Australia. I haven’t had a headache free day since October 2015. I’ve seen four neurologists...

Last reply
  • Headache won’t go away & respond to meds

My headache started in Dec 11 but I assumed it was stress headaches because it was finals week plus I get them all the time!  By December 22, finals were over my head still hurts but then again I assumed it was the stress from school, lack of sleep, too much caffeine & anxiety from school. ...

Last reply
  • Hemiplegic migraine

Blighted by this awful condition and looking for tips on managing it. I had a CT scan last night to rule out stroke. But I have stroke symptoms that seem to be getting longer at last few episodes and added symptoms. Quite scary but I know it’s ok just have to ride the storm. It’s the total disruption...

Last reply
  • Migraines everyday, all day, for 9 months. Help!!

Remember your worst migraine. How much pain you were in and how you just couldn't do anything. That's how I am everyday. Right so I'm a 20 year old female, I'm and student and work as a waitress part time. So, I started with a headache on the 18th January this year, pain killers didn't...

Last reply
  • 12 girl going out of her mind with worry!

i am a 12 year old girl who has had a headache and migrane combo for 12 weeks now and i have started pizotifen which has stopped the migranes and made the headache bearable. my only sideaffects are being very hungry- any snack advice?, a little drowsy, good as i don't sleep well, light headedness...

Last reply
  • Migraine and weather triggers

Hi, I suffer from vestibular migraines for almost four years now. It has been rough. I think I may have spotted a pattern with the weather and flare ups. When it goes from cold to mild (I live in the UK)this last month has been extremely going from snow to along weather back to snow and I have got very...

Last reply
  • Hemiplegic migraine please help?

So I really need some help, my mum has previous issues with Hemiplegic migraines, and for years I believe I’m having them too. Basically this is how my migraines start, I’ll have a pain by my eyes (can be different eye each time) I can lose vision, but I always know it’s going to happen once I lose...

Last reply
  • Headache and blurred vision in left eye

I've been getting these symptoms for several days now. It starts in the morning shortly after I get up, and conitnues for a few hours. Symptoms point to retinal migraine. It is interfering with my day and I am worried could cause permanent damage to my eye. What should I do?

Last reply
  • Migraine associated vertigo and pizotifen

Anyone any ideas on this? i have suffered terrible vertigo for 6 months and it is most likley labyrinthitis but my GP had an idea it might be Migraine associated vertigo due to the sinus pain, pressure in ears and sensitivity to noise and bright lights and motion intolerance ( like Mal De Debarquement...

Last reply
  • Can i cold turkey 25mg of nortriptyline

I started on amitriptyline 25mg for cyclic vomiting syndrome and switched it nortriptyline 25mg about a month ago. Neither of them worked and just make me extremely tired. I'm curious if I can just stop taking nortriptyline 25mg?

Last reply
  • Migraine aura and progesterone contraception

Hello, had anyone found that taking a progesterone only contraception pill has helped reduce their migraine auras? Would love to hear your experience with this particular form of contraception in regards to your auras.  Thanks 

Last reply
  • Ocular Migraine

Hi, my son has, for many years, suffered with ocular migraine (without headaches) and has never been offered any advice on how to, hopefully, get rid of them. Once he has an 'attack' he knows he will get another a very short while afterwards and then be OM free for several weeks. I just wondered...

Last reply
  • Prolonged Migraine and visual disturbances. Is this permanent?

I've had migraines for years now but over three weeks ago I got a migraine at first very similar to a typical migraine with aura, but the symptoms from the Aura didn't fully go away even though I got a terrible headache and felt extremely sick. I am feeling a bit better now but my eyes are still...

Posted
  • Deep ear pain and constant head pain for 4 1/2 years

I’m a 47 year old female that has had deep ear pain  with fullness and excruciating  constant head pain for 4 1/2 years.   I’ve had 7 MRIs , CT scans , ultra sounds  with no answers all negative.    I’ve been to ENTs, primary care doctors, neurologist, neurosurgeons.  They...

Last reply
  • Migraines becoming more regular

Hi, I am new to this group but hopefully someone can help me. Over the past 7/10 years I have been getting bouts of migraine nearly every month for approx 3 days. It was diagnosed as hormonal due to my monthly cycle but past few years it’s becoming more erratic. I am 51 and going through menopause. I...

Last reply
  • death in family

I was a full timer carer to my 95 year old mother until she passed away very suddenly in january. i managed to hold it all together and even coped with my chronic daily migraines for the week. On the saturday the day after the funeral migraines have got much worse and severe nausea everyday. My anxiety...

Last reply
  • Amitriptyline (Endep) - very weird dreams

This is my first post here. I have been suffering severe chronic migraines for the past year and a bit and severe chronic headaches with occasional migraine for the past two and a half years. I’m 25 and I live in Australia. I haven’t had a headache free day since October 2015. I’ve seen four neurologists...

Last reply
  • Headache

Sorry dont know if this is right group or not . It happens few times a year . I wake up with sore eyes then i get a headache that lasts for days . Its not an absolute pounding headache more aching but behind my eye is bad . They seem worse in morning but dont go away . When i wake my nose is usually...

Last reply
  • Brain Fog for years, debilitating, running out of options.

I have been having brain fog for years, although it is worse now than it ever has been. I rarely have any days without it being bad now, occasionally i will be fine for a morning or so but not often. Frequently accompanied by headaches. I can't hold coherent thoughts together, and any in depth thinking...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.