Skip to content

Migraine

Also known as Eletriptan, Ergotamine, Imigran, Maxalt, Migraleve, Naratriptan, Pizotifen, Relpax, Rizatriptan, Sumatriptan, Zolmitriptan

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pizotifen

I've just returned from the doctor with a new med, Pizotifen. My migraines just got weirder this weekend ( I have aura but no headache ), I had 2 left sided attacks on Friday then on Saturday was doing the ironing when my vision went double then both eyeballs felt like they were being squeezed. …

Last reply
  • Do I have a migraine?

Firstly, I’d like to say I don’t have any pain head. I’m not sure what could be wrong. However, there is a “pressure”, heavy like feeling.  My constant symtpoms with this pressure-like feeling are blurry vision, and ear ringing. I also feel groggy/cloudy. Everything seems to feel like it’s …

Last reply
  • Migraines everyday, all day, for 9 months. Help!!

Remember your worst migraine. How much pain you were in and how you just couldn't do anything. That's how I am everyday. Right so I'm a 20 year old female, I'm and student and work as a waitress part time. So, I started with a headache on the 18th January this year, pain killers …

Last reply
  • New Migraine drug - Erenumab

Hi, I suffer from chronic migraines and it was great to see in the news about this treatment coming to the UK private sector in next couple of months, unfortunately the NHS rollout isn't until next year. My private healthcare expired when I changed jobs last year, and they have stated that a …

Last reply
  • Vestibular migraine and amitriptyline

Hi all,  I have been suffering with vertigo for almost 2 years now, I am under an ENT and they have said it’s either Meniere’s disease or vestibular migraine.  I saw my gp yesterday and had a lengthy discussion and he suggested that due to my history of migraines and a-typical migraines …

Last reply
  • Daily Servere Migraines, dizzy, nauseous, Doctors are clueless!

About 7 years ago I got really sick and I could hear something getting louder in my ear, almost like hearing the ocean in a sea shell, then after getting louder and louder I heard a pop. Silence. I had a cold or the flu, I dont remember it's been so long but started experiencing migraines …

Last reply
  • silent migraines?

so ive had some minor dejavus, some night terrors, some smells (rarely...) and daily blurry vision. i dont get the halos and the zig zags...i just get blurry vision from one eye. doc said it could be silent migraine. i get no headache. does anyone have any similar experience? because im not sure …

Last reply
  • Status migraine

Hi everyone If anyone can offer advice or help... just left a&e third time in 2 weeks after having trouble speaking, speech problems, confusion and unable to move both arms, numb lips and numb tongue, along with a pounding head down my right side.  Up until yesterday I only had aura, …

Last reply
  • hemiplegic migraine

i have recently been diagnosed with hemiplegic migraines. as its such a rare condition alot of doctors dont know anything about it , or how to treat this debilitating condition. i am typing this because i hope that it may help someone out there who is going through this and the doctors dont seem to …

Last reply
  • Might of found a cure for my Migraines

After three years of getting Migraines i think i might of found a cure that can get rid of them. I was getting then aleast 2 times month and would take aleast a week for the migraine and its symptoms to fully clear. so i started taking chelated magnesium. This was 6 months ago and ive not had one …

Last reply
  • Brain stem aura and hemiplegic migraine

Hi everyone, I’ve just been diagnosed with brain stem aura migraine after suffering the past 8 days with this current episode I’ve finally got some clarity on why I’ve been having confusion, memory loss, dizziness, weakness down one side and just a general feeling of ‘not being with it’. All of …

Last reply
  • Tension-type Headache

Im a 19 year old male. I used to suffer with severe migraines and was admitted to hospital a couple of years ago where they discovered i suffered with tension migraines. Ive only had the odd one since i was admitted a couple of years ago. However, they returned 2 to 3 weeks ago and are soncictant. …

Last reply
  • Help with daily migraines

Hi all Looking for advice. I didn't have a migraine until I was 30 where I had quite a few in a short space of time and then they went away. I'm now 36 and for the past 6 or 7 months I have been debilitated by migraines most days. My GP and I have tracked it down to a drop in blood …

Last reply
  • Tapering off of nortriptyline

I started taking nortriptyline 7.5 weeks ago for insomnia and migraines.  Started at 10 mg for two weeks and then to 25mg for four.  Had a lot of side effects - blurry vision, constant migraine, dry mouth, voice is very groggy.  Doctor and I agreed that I should come off of it.   …

Last reply
  • Migraines and a proven cure

I’ve been suffering on and off for 25 years with the dreaded migraines. They became a daily occurrence around 18 months ago, anyone who suffers from migraines will understand how debilitating they can be. I have finally found a safe and affective solution. I will happily share any information and …

Last reply
  • nortriptyline - quitting? Withdrawel and losing the weight

I am wondering if anyone else put on weight while taking nortriptyline and how long it took to come off.  I put on about 15 pounds while taking nortriptyline and also during surgery recovery. I stopped taking it when I realized that it was aggravating my on and off episodes GERD but …

Last reply
  • Does anyone have withdrawal info on Nortriptyline???

I was on Nortriptyline for a year for migraine prevention.  I found it was making me extremely tired and my heart race.  I unfortunatelly stopped it two weeks ago abruptly.  Does anyone know how long wtihdrawal symptoms last for.  Still feel jumpy, brain zaps, insomnia and …

Last reply
  • Withdrawing from nortriptyline

I have been on nortriptyline for 8 months for migraine prevention and I can’t say that it has reduced my migraines but they have been less severe . I am now reducing the dosage I was on 30 mg a night so I have reduced to 20 then now 10 I seemed to be having palpitations which I didn’t have when on …

Last reply
  • Topiramate for migraines- side effects

I’m just in the process of weaning off propranolol, then to introduced Topiramate, starting with 25mg at night.  I have taken Topiramate before, but over 12 years ago when it had to be prescribed by a hospital consultant.  My question is, has anyone experienced weight loss while taking …

Last reply
  • Headaches

Hi, I recently started having pain in my forehead and back of my head also ears fill stopped up and crackle with my eyes burning when I have these headaches. I have had CT scans, 2 MRI with and without contrast all normal. My doctor did say the notes from the radiologist said in medical terms …

Posted
  • 4 day headache beginning to get concerned

For the past couple of days I have been experiencing a headache. It feels like a pain on the back left side of my head and along the side of my head. I also have pressure in my sinus area but little to no stuffy nose. I do have migraines sometimes but never anything like this. I am 20 years old and …

Last reply
  • Hemiplegic Migraine Sufferers

I am wanting to reach out to people who have suffered hemiplegic migraines as a diagnosis. I wanted to shed some light into my experience of this.  At age 12 I started suffering from what was eventually diagnosed as hemiplegic migraines, I would have an extremely sharp pain at the back of my …

Last reply
  • Pressure - could this be a silent migraine?

I hope someone's run into this before and can tell me if it sounds like a migraine or not... so in January, I got a horrible toothache and a feeling of pressure on the back right side of my head. When I went to the dentist she didn't see anything on the X-Ray. She figured the toothache was …

Last reply
  • Good days are good, bad days are soooo bad

I developed very bad depression due to chronic migrianes.  So bad I tried to kill myself.  Ive gotten better and my good days are good.  But anything can take a good day to a nightmare and quickly slip into a life is over, I wanta die again.  Like twice in the last month.  …

Last reply
  • Can anybody help me?! Doc says Migraine..???

Hello, I am new to this so please bare with me and i apologise for the long post. Im at 26 year old female. Began to feel unwell end of February (approx. 27th)   Saw GP on 5th March. Symptoms: ·      Pressure behind eye ·      …

Last reply
  • Migraine with aura

Hello I have had migraines with aura for about 10 years now I can go months even a year without 1 then the last few months I have had quite a few. I suffer with health anxiety and this is making my life hell I can't stop worrying about going blind. I have left work I am too scared to drive I …

Last reply
  • I think a Miracle has happened

Just wanted to share a little of my story and hopefully the miracle that seems to have occurred, it's still early days but I'm keeping everything crossed and hopefully can give all you sufferers an alternative. I'm 51 and have suffered headaches/migraines for about 40 years. I have …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.