Petrified of optical migraines!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

I posted my story in headaches, but I need to be here sorry. I am petrified of the silver zig zags, before the migraine, they are ruining my life . I'm petrified to go anywhere that they will happen. Can you please tell me how you cope?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you talking about an ocular migraine?

i get those. It starts with a blind spot where i can not see the full word. Once that starts. I start seeing the crescent shapes that are jig jagged with all colours that flash and move over my eye.

I know it will last about 20, so i just sit or lay down until it slowly stops.

sometimes I get a headache after, and sometimes none.

I just let htem be. I know that it will stop. The only time I was anxious was the first time I had one. I got my eyes checked, and my eye doctor explained what it was. she actually told me what i explained was exactly what she gets.

You are allowing these to take over your life. I have never ever felt fearful of them.

I can be out, and when one starts, I just sit in my car and wait for it to end.

• Posted

Omg yes, thank you so much for responding you explained exactly how it happens . How are you not afraid? I wish i could be like you. I've been dealing with them on and off for a year, but for the last month or 2 it's been 1 a week! it has ruined my life! Thank you so much again

Debbi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.