Migraine Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 29 years old and had my first migraine 5 weeks ago. I had stroke-like symptoms (left side tingling/numb, forgot words, slurring words, vomiting, nausea and then the worst head pain I have ever had in my life). I went to Urgent Care then the hospital and was discharged the next day with instructions to f/u with a neurologist. All tests done at the hospital (MRI, CAT Scan, chest x-ray) were clear. While waiting for a neuro appointment, I had the exact same symptoms/auras followed by migraine 5 days later.

I finally saw a neurologist and was diagnosed with migraines. I received a new FDA approved injection (will have 3 of them once a month for prevention) after pills didn't help and so far I haven't had a full blown attack since the second one (it's now 4 weeks later) BUT almost everyday I have a pounding headache (or migraine). I've tried Nortriptyline, Rizatriptan, advil, Imitrex, Excedrin, Toradal injection and acupuncture.

My migraines/headaches started out of the blue and I can't seem to shake these pounding headaches. My doctor said botox may be the next thing I try. Thank Gd I haven't had the fullblown attack since but these pounding headaches are not fun.

Any recommendations, advice, tips please?? Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.