I am currently going through hell

Posted , 31 users are following.

My migraines have escalated to 5 a week. I have terrible visual issues and vertigo. I have tried endless medications. Cant take triptans due to having chronic heart disease.

please help me.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, have u tried taking aspirins for ur migraines, i find that aspirin helps me when i have really bad migraines, theres also something that u can rub on ur forehead, it's actually called Forehead, u can get it from any chemist, there's also migraine gel pads that u can also put on ur forehead, I've tried these and i can tell u that these are worth a try, u can get them from ur local pharmacy or u can get them from the pound shop/pound store, i hope this helps.

• Posted

Aspirin work for me too .

Apply papermint oil in forehead it ease pain and help in good night sleep .

Tk dear

• Posted

I have forehead, gel strips and aspirin. Also I put vicks vaporub on. I am still having daily migraines and permanent visual disturbances.

• Posted

ok, it was just an idea thats all, what about taking pregabalin, i take it 3 times a day and it has prevented quite a lot of of really severe migraines that would last upto 16 days.

• Posted

I have had pregabalin, gabapentin, topirimate, nortryptilin and amitryptilin. I have been left with side effects that won't go away and still have migraines. I think I am a lost cause

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the advice, i will give the peppermint oil a try, i always have pepermint oil in just incase i need it, there is a stick that u can get in ur local pharmacy and it is called forehead also has peppermint oil in as well.

• Posted

careful with aspirin as can lead to stomach or gall bladder problems if u have issues check with dr first mine took me off them due to suspected gall bladder problems

• Edited

Hi. I, too have nearly every day migraine with vertigo, difficulty walking, talking, most days I can't even take care of myself. I'm on Ajovy for 3rd month with about 12 days without dibilitating migraine now.

I am on so man medications as preventatives, but for helping migraines I have found CBD oil w/o THC, to be effective. ALSO, I put a dropper full in my hand with about 10 drops of peppermint ess oil, place fingers from other hand in this mix & rub gently the back of my neck, down jawline, temples & dab in front of nostrils. It varies on relief, but has been effective. I hope this might help you.

• Posted

I'm sorry your going through this! I recently had a spurt of worse migraines and have been trying to find out the cause. I found out i have a wisdom tooth on its side which i had taken out to see if it would help. So far so good. Next step is to check my sinus's are all okay. There is a piercing you can have that can help with migraines and also different pressure points on your hands. Might be worth giving those a try. Also there is a magnetic device that doctors can give you on NHS but you have to ask for it. I would go back to your doctor and insist they do something other than to give you drugs! Don't give up, it will get better x

• Posted

Also, do a food diary to see if there is anything you are eating that can set them off. Triggers can be;

Orange juice

Chocolate

Coffee

Cheese.. & more.

I also had my vision tested and the optician said vision can not cause migraines but can trigger them. I not have a mesh in my glasses to help stop anything triggering.

One more thing.. you can get botox to help prevent migraines. I am on 1.5 Pizotifen once a day which is suppost to block the part of your brain that causes a migraine but this doesnt always work.

• Posted

my doctor has referred me to headache clinics, neurologists and many other people. noone seems to be able to help. I want to be able to read a book or knit. I can't do anything. I have wondered about the piercing. I will ask about the magnetic device.

• Posted

I don't eat gluten, dairy, citrus, alcohol, caffeine, msg, sugar or processed foods. I wear sunglasses even indoors and I barely leave the house because I cant come into contact with perfumes, cleaning products etc.

Everything seems to be a trigger now. The botox is worrying as it's a poison isn't it.

• Posted

i find reglan works with tylenol and benedryl to get rid of migraine.this makes me feel real 'out of it' tho.i was prescribed baclofen and prozac to prevent one.i see that you havent taken these, so that is why i mention them.

(you cant take much prozac and reglan together.check with neurologist for ok dose.)

• Edited

hey do any of you get aura with your migraine I do and there tuning my life they scare me to death x

• Posted

hi kimberley

i too have aura with migraines & they scare the hell out of me , after ive had one im scared to go out incase i have one while im out

• Posted

Hi Kimberley.

I have had migraines since I was 15.

I am now 62 and my migraines have changed.

Now I get an aura but very little headache pain.

What I do seem to get post migraine is a feeling of abject terror which lasts for about 2 hours.

I do take feverfew which for me reduces the symptoms but I think my trigger is stress and fatigue.

Also have seen a herbalist who thinks it is an imbalance of my Adrenal gland.

I have started to take a herbal medicine prescribed by her and I do think it is helping enormously.

Take Care and don't worry it won't kill you.

• Posted

i have them too but recently they have been worse and i feel like im blind it scares me & throws me into an anxiety panic attack which has been its own nightmare for me. i get them & then i get nauseous & feel dizzy. sometimes i get horrible pressure behind my eyes where i dont even want to open them, numbness in my cheek or hand that doesnt last very long. my thought process becomes scary slow like incant think what im going to say. i am not a fan of meds i dont do well with taking them. but i used to take topamax and it helped but started causing me major anxiety issues so i stopped. i resorted to only taking a low dose or percocet when the aura starts which helps curb the full pain of them. the aura is usually my 15 min window but if i dont take something within that time frame im not too good within 20 mins. ita just horrible i bever imagined myself going thru this issues. i had spurts of them while i was younger (18-22) had a major migraine lost my coordination, hand went numb, face went numb, couldnt talk right & found out i had a small stroke the doctors believed was caused by my birth control pills. so i stopped those and then suffered with major anxiety panic attacks for about 3-6 months after cutting myself off the birth control pills. Then found out that you can actually have withdrawals from birth control due to your body not having its own hormone levels regulated. after dealing with all of that i was fine eventually. No issues. everything started back up again at 32. im just tired of it. ive tried to figure oht every trigger & i just cant figure out why its happening. ive even went to the chiro but when my neck gets adjusted it causes a migraine so i had to stop doing those. just miserable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.