I am currently going through hell

Posted , 31 users are following.

My migraines have escalated to 5 a week. I have terrible visual issues and vertigo. I have tried endless medications. Cant take triptans due to having chronic heart disease.

please help me.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Tracy I am sorry that you are suffering so much from these dreaded migraines. I suffered since I was 14 until the end of my second pregnancy when I was getting them every night. I had enough so i went to a migraine seminar and they talked about the correlation between migraines and neck problems. So i went to see a chiropractor and he changed my life. My neck was so badly out off alignment he was surprised i could move it at all. Its worth a try to see if your neck is out too and it may just help to have it adjusted. Good luck ok and I hope you get some relief soon. Take care.

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are struggling and in so much pain.

Have you tried all of the basics...heat on the neck, cold on your forehead? Also, antihistamines also sometimes help.

This may or may not be a silly question, but are you under a neurologist? I'm currently seeing a good one in London and he has out me on lamotragine and gabapentin and has now added amitryptaline to the mix.

I have hemiplegic migraine which causes the pain and temporary paralyis down one side and loss of vision... vestibular migraine (which causes my vertigo, slurred speech and ringing in the ears etc) and also brain stem aura which causes disorentation.

All of these seem to have been controlled with my recent medication.

If you need any more information, or just to vent...please feel free to message as I feel your pain.

Lauren

• Posted

Omg I'm so sorry you suffer this way no I don't get any if that I just get the aura for about half hour then goes they scare me to death I always think I'm gonna go blind or something

• Posted

i get this too. for 20-30 mins before pain starts. it gives me huge anxiety!! i cant see because of how bad the lights in my eyes are.

• Posted

lights are black and white zigzags in one eye that get bigger and bigger then reduce in size and go. Ive had them with rainbow colors as well with multiple in my vision. It is a reflection of what is going on in your brain and has nothing to do with your eyes so wont cause you to go blind.

• Posted

I agree with the person who mentioned going to the chiropractor. Also check your diet. Try giving up processed foods and going gluten free. That helped mine a lot. Watch out for MSG and soy.

I also take a feverfew supplement, magnesium, and vitamin B. You'll have to research for strengths and then trial and error. Hope this helps.

• Posted

so sorry to hear that, its an awful condition isnt it 😦 i am now 22 years old and have been having migraine vertigo attacks for 19 years (since i was 3 years old). It has completely ruined my life. Each attack varies and usually lasts between 3-5 days and ill go through this about 3 times a month (up to 15 days a month).

During each attack i have a crippling migraine, dizziness so bad that i cant lift my head up, vomiting, blurred vision, slurred speech and weakness/numbness in my arms and legs.

worst thing ive ever been through so i completely sympathise with others who have this terrible condition.

Sometimes aspirin reduces my migraine pain if you haven't tried that yet. I'm on medication but still looking for something that actuallu works. Hopefully someone will offer better advice x

• Edited

I have had migraines for 30 years. About 6 years ago I started having migraine with aura. I took triptans and they helped the majority if the time. I was getting a couple migraines a month. I jumped on the celery juice wagon (Google it for more info) in early December 2018 and haven't had a migraine since. If I do feel as though one might be coming on, I take two acetaminophen tablets and run essential oil with peppermint on my temples and the pain goes no further and goes away.

• Posted

Does anyone have a change of colour in their vision. I have always had aura but now my entire view goes blue and sometimes I wake up blind.

I don't eat dairy, sugar, processed food, gluten, caffeine, alcohol, citrus and many other things.

• Posted

I think it's an anti-epileptic medicine (I can't be sure) but I heard Pizotifen can help?

• Posted

Hi Tracy

I take diuretics for border line blood pressure but I noticed my migraines eased up considerably since being on them. Not sure how that would affect your heart problems but may be worth discussing with your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

I have been in a similar position to you. I have suffered with migraines most of my life, starting at 14 years old. Usually i get migraines 3/4 times a month, with some cluster episodes when i get them 3/4 times a week. I am not a big lover of medication when it comes to migraines, for me the cons out-weight the cons. So, i looked for other alternatives. And i found it in diet and restriction of carbohydrates. Many people are sceptical when it comes to diet, however they are wrong, diet is connected to almost everything you do! Including all health problems. You are what you eat.

I recommend almost completely taking out all carbohydrates from your diet, this diet is known as the Keto-genic diet. Many migraine sufferers including myself have had great success with this diet. i recommend you do some research on it and give it a go!

Good luck!

• Edited

Hello Tracy, sorry to hear that you are going through so much pain!

I myself a migraine sufferer ever since i was 10 year old until now (43f).,i use to get episodic migraine lasting 3 to 4 days 3 times a month then I tried 5HTP ( serotonin herb ) which i started 100 milligrams then cut to 50 after 2 months every night before going to bed with magnesium. and it has helped me a lot now i get only 1 migraine every month for 2 to 3 days which is before and round menstruation. to balance dopamine i also take kapikacchu ( L dopa to balance dopamine ) which is another herb .

you can find quite easily on amazon. my boyfriend suffers from cluster and for him magic mushrooms (psilocybin) seem to have worked along with phenergan (pls research phenergan before taking it) which is antihistamine he said the pain is there but cant feel it.

we both still take 5htp(cycling every now and then ) since 3 yrs he hasnt had any migraines.Currently i am taking magnesium L threonate and i am still trying to find a solution for my menstrual migraine i might try evening primrose oil capsules it has worked for some people.it will take at least couple of months to see the difference with 5htp depending on person pls have patience.. i hope it helps .. i pray for you!

• Posted

you mention that youve tried many medications. Are you seeing a neurologist? Have you tried any if the 3 new injectable meds out since 2018?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.