Migraine or something else?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I started having migraines again about a year ago and I strongly believe they are related to my birth control. I had them for a while, switched from Sprintec to the Depo shot and they slowed down tremendously, ended up switching back to Sprintec for other health problems, and they started back up again, even more intense than before.

I take Topamax at night and Maxalt as needed at the onset. About 6 weeks ago, I started having these episodes where my face, particularly around my nose, lips, and the inside of my mouth and even my teeth would hurt, tingle, burn, and feel numb all at the same time. Each episode lasts about 2-3 days and the symptoms are pretty constant but do intensify in waves. I also have some light sensitivity and some nausea. Here lately during an episode, I get light headed very easily and usually have to take a second to steady myself when standing up.

Laying in bed makes the feeling of being light headed worse. Any wrong movement makes me nauseous.

The first time this happened, I luckily had a follow up with my doctor that week and, when I mentioned it, she thought it could have been a type of migraine. After I take Maxalt, usually all the symptoms subside. She did blood work on me to be the safe side and everything was nornal.

Has anyone else has a similar experience?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.