Desperately need help.. migraine, photophobia, nerves

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all.. I have been struggling with a health problem for two and a half years now which has cost me my job, caused me to have alot of time of sick and to be honest, taken over my life.

Im about 4 months into a new job where I have just about managed to get through the day and had my 3rd major flair up. 

I'm really hoping to find others that have experienced something similar and managed to get their life back on track..

Ill talk about the symptoms, what the neurologist thinks it is and what treatments I have tried.. 

Symptoms.

It feels like an event happens where I'm using a pc and my vision goes blurry. This is then accompanied by a squeezing in my head my someone has a pair of tweezers pinching my brain. It also comes with heavy pressure in my chest and alot of nausea feeling.

Ater the 'event' my neck is really sore, I feel nauseous whenever I look at screens (phones a little easier than a big screen) and it seems to be text which is the main cause with video conferences being OK. I also get extremely nauseous doing everyday things like the dishwasher, brushing my daughter's hair..  I also get alot of pressure and ringing in my ears. The last time these symptoms kept me off work for almost a year and I'm really worried I'm going to lose my job again. If I try and force it I get alot of pressure and pain in my head and feel so sick.. I'm also getting daily migraine auras.

Diagnosis

I went private to see an nuro and have had maybe 6 appts with him over the last two and a half years. His diagnosis is muscle spasm headaches but so far nothing has helped and I feel worse now then when I went to see him..  he's also mentioned photophobia as one of the symptoms but not said why I'm getting it.

Things I have tired.

Anytriptalyne for a long time and quite a high dose. I have had a brain MRI which is apparently ok and I am waiting for results of a neck MRI. I have been on the emergency waiting list for nerve blockers since Feb but this hasn't happened... I'm currently taking beta blockers to try and get the migranes under control. Before the beta blockers I was taking riboflavin and coenzyme Q10 to try and get the migraines under control.

The 4 weeks before last Friday when the latest 'event' happened was the best I have felt since it started but now I feel back to square one. I started planning to actually enjoy life and signed up to dating sites, started exercising and all the things I just haven't felt well enough to do over the last two and a half years.

Any advice would be greatfully received from a desperate 36 year old single dad.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.