20 weeks in and slight panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

20 weeks on citalopram. Was doing well but still not 100% until about 3 weeks ago. I agreed with the doctor to increase to 30mg from 20mg and didn't feel any side effects really apart from acid reflux. Last night however I got in bed and within a couple of minute if felt very panicky and had to rush to the toilet like I was going to be sick. The panic attacks had gone and the anxiety had greatly reduced so this mad me feel terrible. I went to work today and had to come home as I felt sick and panicky again, almost like I was about to have a full on panic attack. Is this normal? I haven't had a panic attack to 18 weeks no so I'm spinning thoughts around my head that the meds have stopped working!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi John, sounds like a side effect from the up dose. Try not to worry about it. Accept any feelings you have, even though they are rotten. Hopefully your off for Christmas now and you can try and relax.

• Posted

Thanks Lou, no time off for me unfortunately 😞😅 I did think it could be side effects but surely they would have started sooner? I was trying to explain to my wife that this felt different to the usual feeling of unrest I have as she said the same thing. This felt a lot more intense and I got tingly fingers which I had last time I had a panic attack. I've not had that since. I have felt so much better lately that I'm really scared the meds aren't helping anymore

• Posted

oh they are working other wise you wont be having any side effects.

• Posted

This is the thing but I don't really feel like I've had side effects like before. Fingers crossed they keep working

• Posted

well it could also be a blip? blips are part of recovery and different sensations can be felt at different times. Just accept what happens and try not to question. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.