20 weeks now on fluoxetine undecided if to up the dose

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just looking for some opinions on what people would do.

As a lot of you may know due to all my frantic posts on this forum I have been suffering with anxiety and depression now since the beginning of jan and I had a breakdown which led me to start 20mg of fluoxetine and 80mg propranolol still on both.

I'm not going to say I'm not any better because I am so I'm hopeing this means the fluoxetine will help I'm just undecided to up the dose or not. It has been very up and down and I have not had one day where I have felt no anxiety and I have woke up every day with anxiety. The negative thoughts and feeling sick bother me the most and I am still suffering with both not all day but on and off each day sometimes better then others.

I think the main thing bothering me is that I feel I should be better by now and very undecided if I should up the dose I keep thinking maybe I'm not better because I need that extra dose or maybe I just need to give it more time I feel like 5 months is a long time and my gp just said I will leave it to you.

Thanks everyone

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi abi are you still on here are you better yet I am about 24 weeks on fluoxetine still feeling so bad would like to hear if thing have improved
    • Posted

hi guys . any chance i can get an update how your feeling ?

im at 20 weeks total and 3 weeks at 40 mg and feel really horrible . no motivation, passion or life in me . i cant live this way much longer .

• Posted

Abi

i know it is very old post and i have read all about your journey.. How are you doing now? Have you recovered?

• Posted

hello everyone, I know its a old post, Im strugling now month 5, how are you now? did you setled out?

• Edited

hi there

i am 9 months on 20mg fluoxetine and only just recently i start to wake up without physical anxiety , but still going through rumination, lost of interest on some days and it scares me. I start thinking if i should increase the dose to have that extra boost or just keep going .? Feeling so discouraged on days like that, too much negative thinking that i wont fully recover.

but for some people it takes longer than for others, . its my only hope

• Posted

hi all,

10 weeks on fluoxetine (6 weeks on 20mg and 4 weeks on 30mg) still really struggling 😦 how is everyone doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.