20 y/o with chronic knee pain for several years -- best holistic/natural techniques?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 20 year old female of average body type. I grew up dancing competitively and played volleyball and ran track (a distance runner) throughout high school. I have experienced chronic knee pain since I was at least 14. While I stopped running and began practicing yoga several years ago to address my

'bad knees,' I still experience chronic pain. It is heightened during extended periods of either stagnation or standing. When I am experiencing this pain, it feels like inflammation in the sides of my knees that only cracking and stretching somewhat relieves. I saw an orthopedic doctor years ago who did an x-ray and essentially dismissed my pain. I am desperate to find some natural remedies and/or alternative medicine practices that can reduce/relieve this pain. I am far too young to have such painful joint issues! Any personal anecdotes or medical recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sierra .

i have had both knees done but before i had my operations i used biofreeze and also white tiger balm or white tiger balm oil and i use the tiger balm for alot of things like headaches its a fantastic thing to use my daughter also uses it because i told her about it and she swears by it.

you can get the App Wish on your mobile phone if you have one and order it of there.

good luck let me know how you get on.

Carol.

• Posted

hi.

im 36 year old man in Scotland and have grown up since mid teens with Rheumatoid Arthritis and after several clean up operations i got my first tkr in right knee 3 years ago, life changer is an understatement, i have kept positive my whole life and this helps, i am now booked in for my left knee tkr, biggest thing is exercise and keep muscles strong

• Posted

The less weight in your knees the better. Shed lbs if need be. Gluten free diets limit inflammation.

Tumeric, garlic, Magnesium, VIT B, Glycosamine/Chondrotin help inflammation and keep joints and tendons strong.

Always stretch daiy, which it seems like you already do.

REALISTICALLY, there is no quick fix. Like my ortho says if ur active ur gonna hurt. Knee problems are often an athletes disease not an elderly disease, with a few exceptions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.