20 year old female need help/advice!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 3 weeks or so I've been experiencing odd things with my stomach. It's the worst in the morning but also acts up in the evening. Every morning I wake up with an awful burning sensation in my stomach and I feel insanely nauseous. I have thrown up only about 3 times from this, but most of the time I always have to gag and nothing comes up. (The gagging/vomiting is only in the morning, also I am NOT pregnant). Throughout the day I have absolutely no appetite and a dull ache in my stomach, along with constant nausea. Most of the time I am able to keep food down, but it's so hard to eat because of my extreme fear of throwing up. There are a lot of times where it feels like I need to have a BM, but there is nothing that comes out. When I do, it's almost like diarrhea every time. I've been to the doctor and urgent care, which sent me to the ER where they performed multiple blood tests, a urine test and a CT scan. They found nothing except they found some blood in my urine which wasn't enough to be concerning I guess? I don't know. My doctor prescribed me some anti nausea medication that doesn't help much, and told me to take Pepcid and to eat bland foods. I don't know what to do. I've lost 10 pounds or so. It's hard to get through the day feeling like this and I can't afford to keep going to the doctor.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm going through issues myself at the minute and yet to be diagnosed. Mainly dealing with abdominal pain and nausea but mostly during the night.

Did your doctor suggest gastritis at all? I'm currently awaiting results for helicobacter pylori, may be worth asking to be tested for this too. If it continues, do go back to your GP.

• Posted

Have you asked about IBS?  Stomach pain, bowel  habit change, lack of appetite, nausea and a burning stomach are typical symptoms.
    • Posted

Yes I have, my doctor prescribed me dyciclomine for it and after a little over a week of using it, my symptoms have only gotten worse. She didn't really run any tests on me, idea

• Posted

(sorry accidentally pressed the wrong button.) the last part I was going to say was, I feel she is just guessing and playing around with what medicines may or may not help. I'm very frustrated at this point because I'm so miserable and just want answers

• Posted

Doctors often try you out on different medications to gauge your response to them and therefore make a diagnosis.  I was put on Mebeverine to see if I had IBS but I felt very much worse and it only confused her more.  It took eight attempts to identify IBS.

it looks like the medication doesn't suit you.  Go back to your doctor and ask for something else.  Adk also for an h pylori test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.