20 year old with pancreatitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with pancreatitis due to hypertriglyceridemia. I spent a little over three months in the hospital recovering with countless surgeries to get rid of nectrotic tissue and complications including pleural effusion, anemia, and pseudocysts. This diagnosis was hard for me to adjust to. I went from being a healthy college student, working, and living a normal life to taking a leave of absence to get my physical/mental health in check. My life pretty much consists of countless doctors appointments and worries about my condition. I am now in a better place than I was in the beginning of my illness but what is now worrying me is that I am experiencing a lot of hair loss. I have talked to my doctor and they said it could be due to the stress on my body but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced major hair loss after a pancreatic attack? Any advice? Being a 20 year old girl losing my hair is something that is just not sitting well with me.

Thanks in advance,

Jessie

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello i am a 22 year old female who has been dealing with hereditary chronic pancreatitis for over ten years. ive experienced some hair loss due to the poor nutrition absorption caused by this illness so this might be whats causing yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.