200mg Levothyroxine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking 200mg Levothyroxine now for about 2 years but it does not seem to be having much impact. I am 56. When I visit my doctor I am sent for a blood test and am told my bloods are fine but I have all the symptoms of underactive thyroid

extreme fatigue

muscle aches

muscle weakness

inability to concentrate

cramps

Flushed face

slow movements and thoughts

Weight gain

I have no resistance to alcohol.

Interestingly I dont mind the cold.

Is there anyone else who is taking the correct treatment and still has the symptoms.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Stevie,

My doctor recently upgraded my dose to 200mg. It seems like every time he upgrades my dose, my weight gain increases.

I can't concentrate, my face is flushed, I never know when I am full or hungry and I seem anxious all the time.

I started out at 100 mg a year and half ago, but the doctor keeps increasing. I have upped my workout routine to an hour of cardio but to no avail.

I am 62 years old.

• Posted

Hi Susie

Thanks for your reply.

Interesting to hear you are also on 200mg as well.

Is it having any impact.

I am amazed you can do an hour of cardio.

If I did 30 seconds I would collapse into the armchair and fall asleep.

Do you not suffer from fatigue , cramps, weakness of muscles?

I am exhausted most of the time.

Are you working ?

Stevie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.