Skip to content

Hypothyroidism

New discussion Join group Also known as Congenital Hypothyroidism, Thyroid - Underactive, Underactive Thyroid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pepegrego 2

Hypothyroidism

Hello , My Name is Jesus , I Am 19 years old I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 4 months ago , I was put on 50 mg levothyroxine for half of a month then took a 3 day break since i was having hyperthyroidism symtoms then changed to 25(doctors order) , I've lost 36 pounds without trying and can't gain...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • saffron19x 2

Help losing weight!

Hiya I've had a underactive thyriod for over a year now and gained quite a lot of weight, I've been on a diet for a few weeks now eating healthy and exercising 4/5 days a week, but I havnt lost any weight and feel like I'm constantly getting bigger , help! Any tips or supplements/vitamins people can...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • saffron19x 2

Do I need to know my t3 and t4?

Hey I've had an underactive thyroid for over a year now and take 25 and 50 of levo on alternate days. I went to the doctors as I wasn't feeling to good, weight gain, pains and tiredness but my results came back normal , my TSH was 1.83 , this was the only result I got as my doctors don't test T3 and...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Pepegrego 2

Weight loss nd weight loss ?

Hello , My Name is Jesus , I Am 19 years old I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 4 months ago , I was put on 50 mg levothyroxine for half of a month then took a 3 day break since i was having hyperthyroidism symtoms then changed to 25(doctors order) , I've lost 36 pounds without trying and can't gain...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Pepegrego 2

Hypothyroidism and weight loss

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • chiffon40 3

Hypothyroidism sufferer

As some of you may know from reading some of my past postings I have been suffering from hypothyroidism for the last 2 1/2 years now let me tell you it's been a nightmare I have been in and out of the hospital for the past two years suffering from heart palpitations chest pain high blood pressure numbness...

• sai1995 1

Suffering from Hypothyroidsm

Hi, My name is Ratnakar, my age is 22. I am suffering from Hypothyroid from past 6 months. My TSH value is 12.24 and dotor suggested me to take medicine of 25 mcg. In between I am suffering from depression, stress, foggy brain, weight gain, face bulging and joint pains. I don't know why this affected...

• krisjb 3

Twitching

Hi all Just needed some advice if possible Started in march with a forearm twitch that went after 3 or 4days. Had other twitches but seemed to stop. Went through the whole als anxiety and then read an article about symptoms and it seemed to calm me down. Went to the doctor who said I had slightly...

• jackie89423 1

hypo to hyper

Hello everyone im new to this sight and just looking for a little advice, i was diagnosed as hypoth around 8 years ago i have been on synthroid and levo all this time, i believe my doç has had me over medicated for the last year went hyper, now the levo has thrown me into a bad situation doc lowered...

• Sunnyday0 2

UPDATE: I need a referral!!

UPDATE: My gp finally got back to me regarding a referral to an endocrinologist. She said she wants me to make an appt to go see her so we can "talk about my exhaustion and anxiety." WHAT?! I live about 45 minutes away from her ... I refuse to take anti depressants because I want to get to the root...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jean65600 2

Over active thyroid

Hello ppl had radiation treatment few months back and for over active thyroid now , when into hypo thyroid am walking death on my feet , mental brain fog can not get words out very low mood very bad monthly periods any one else going through this I feel as I am going mental I mean no harm to mental illness...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rose12774 2

Anyone Just Feel Disgusting/Hungover?

I have Hashi's and am hypo, with a high TSH but normal everything else.   I've read the symptom list for hypothyroidism and I must say I don't have half of the symptoms that are on it.  I do, however, feel what I would call "disgusting" periodically throughout the day.   I will wake up feeling a bit...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shirley80587 2
  • Aim2009 2

What does "better" feel like?

For those of you on levothyroxine or any thyroid medication really, what are the improvements that you noticed that told you the meds were working? I've been tired and achy and cold for so long I can't imagine being in a different body. What improvements did you notice? Conversely, if meds weren't working,...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tashima1981 1

Life after having Thyroid completely removed

I had my thyroid completely removed 2 years ago and still feel the same as when I had it, except my hair is falling out even more, my monthlies are getting heavier and more painful... My doc just had my levels checked​ and they all came back fine...Anyone have any advice??

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • alli2ells 2

Dose of thyroxine lowered

I have been on thyroxine for 20 yrs and my recent blood test showed I was on too much , I was on 150 so I have been lowered to 125 . I'm feeling exhausted and not sleeping very well , would it affect me that much ? 

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • olive8 2

Hypothyrodism

I have been suffering from really heavy legs and aching joints. I was taking a supplement that upset my thyroid. Doctor said any active ingredient will upset thyroid. I am not sure what that means..I am taking normal medication and doctor said my thyroid levels were 'spot on' I can't believe that..I...

• khaci10780 1

Lose weight with hypothyroidism, possible?

Hi, First, sorry for my english, I am French I am on a diet since 1st august 2016. I lost 33 pounds (2 pound a week). In november my weight loss just stopped. I tried WW and other stuff, I didn't lost anything. People told me my body was on a break because I have lost a lot of pound, my body needed...

• dave64969 4

Turmeric for Hashimoto's?

Has anyone tried turmeric for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis? I've read that it reduces inflammation, heals the gut and has other benefits. Any success? Bad side effects? Thanks!

• mandy55435 1

Mood swings

Hi I've recently been diagnosed with under active thyroid, I'm finding the mood swings very hard to deal with has anybody else had trouble coping ? And how can you deal with them x

• lucy91054 3

Bloating - Levothyroxine

Hi I currently take 75mg daily but experience terrible upper abdomen bloating. Does anyone else have this problem. I take first thing on a morning and drink coffee with milk within 30 mins. I have been reading this may not be the correct thing to do?  Is there any altenative to Levothyroxine? Thank you

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Aim2009 2

New and confused

A week ago my doctor told my my thyroid was low. I've known this for almost 20 years, I have virtually every symptom of hypothyroidism, but the labs never showed it until now. I feel relieved and vindicated and completely paralyzed. I have a prescription for Levothyroxine but I haven't started it yet....

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Sunnyday0 2

Frustrated with dr. Not sure how to proceed.

I'm very frustrated. I heard back from my dr today and she said I very well could have hypothyroidism but she is not going to check my antibodies. (I had a post earlier saying that my TSH Levels went from 1.9 to 3.255 in less than two years). She said she would just check my thyroid every 6-12 months...

• April1304 2

Hello I was diagnosed with Fibromylgia 10 years ago

Since been diagnosed with Fibro I seem to have developed other illnesses not Supposed to be related,e.g. Under active Thyroid,Depression with Anxiety,High Cholesterol and also I've developed stomach ulcers due to taking anti inflammatory meds. I'm wondering if anyone else is complaining of similar problems,I'm...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mybodyissilly 1

Very low Ferritin levels, Hypothyroid symptoms, Normal TSH/T4

Hi Everyone! I went to the doctors recently after experiencing increasing fatigue, to the point where I was in bed by 8:30 each night and often needed an afternoon nap. Thinking about it, I had been feeling generally tired for a long time, if not years before this decline. I am a 22 y/o female, 5"2,...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Sunnyday0 2

TSH levels. New here. Help!

Hi! New here. I accidentally posted in the hyperthyroid thread as well. My TSH levels have risen in less than two years. Is this normal? I do have symptoms that are driving me crazy and making life hard. Interfering with even my daily life. I've got major anxiety and confusion and just feel weird almost...

• charlie.11 2

Hypothyroid dark circles and eyebags

I have hypothyroidism for a over a year now. I was on Levothyroxine but it was making me feel more exhausted and unwell so after discussing with my doctor i stopped taking them. I now take a lot of vitmamins, i dont eat any gluten products or meat and i eat very organic now and my energy levels are much...

• sayhitocaz 4

Conception and pregnancy

Hi Me and my husband are contemplating trying for a baby later this year or next year. I just wondered, are you meant to increase thyroid meds BEFORE you start trying or once you have found out you are pregnant? And by how much? My Gp knows nothing about thyroid and ndt so I'm doing my own research...

• patty818 5

TSH keeps going up

I'v been hypo since 1999 and never had problems like this.  Ive been under a huge amount of stress and not sure if this would cause this to happen.  Had TSH done at ER about 2 months ago and it 15.0, so the endo upped my levoxyl only .25mcg to be split and taken in two different days, I've been having...

• jacobsamuelaj 1

Thyroid Hairloss

hello,iam 23 year old male i was losing hair for the past  4 years and  diagnosed with hypothyroid am taking 100mg thyronorm as prescribed,at that time my TSH was 13, after a month i started noticing my hairfall stops and no joint pains which i used to have previously and when checking my TSH again it...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • lucy47350 2

Any ideas on speeding up metabolism

Please help I'm so down with my weight I have literally tried everything. Was diagnosed with coeliac disease and under active thyroid last year and cannot lose weight. I'm constantly tired and yawn all day long I'm quite depressed too. I do at least 3 gym classes a week and do daily excercise too. Levothyroxine...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Canader 2

Thyroid Removed, TSH 0.4 and keep losing weight

So, I used to be taking 175mcg until the hormones in the blood went skyroof and TSH 0.4 For one month I am taking 150mcg and the TSH still is 0.4. I keep losing weight like crazy. My doctor told me that my body is full of T4 and now I take 125mcg. On the other hand he told me that 0.4 is ideal but...

• scriv 2

Adjusting to new dose of levothyroxine

I have also just had my thyroxine dose increased from 100 to 125 mcg following a TSH test result of 31. I have been on thyroxine for 16 years and on 100mcg for several years and always felt balanced until recently. I always knew that it took a while before the new dose had a good effect, but I am quite...

24 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • olive8 2

Thyroxine level too high

Had really sore muscles or joints felt really tired all day my voice is all croaky now have heart palpitations am getting blood test sometime today but didn't take thyroxine today and palpitations not nearly so bad. Can I stop thyroxine for one day pending the result of blood test

• lisa77055 2

Recently diagnosed, feeling terrible!

I've been having blood test for about 10 years to monitor thyroid but always came back normal, this last test I had a couple of months ago came back as underactive. I was reluctant to go straight into medication and instead decided to have another test in 3 months. Since that test I have been put up...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.