Skip to content

Hypothyroidism

Also known as Congenital Hypothyroidism, Thyroid - Underactive, Underactive Thyroid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• dan79442 dan79442

Could I have Hypothyroidism

Hey everyone, I am 15 years old, and I am wondering if these symptoms are related to Hypothyroidism. I want to see some other peoples experiences before asking the doctors and whomever. So, on google the symptoms that I have is sensitivity to the cold and dry skin. I have cold hives, which …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Thyroid is causing suicide thoughts. I can't take it.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism on May of 2015. It took them a while before finding out what it was. I was having severe headaches, nauseous, high blood pressure and a lot of hair fall! They put me in levothyroxine of 50mcg. It worked for a while. Last year on July 2016 I started feeling weak, …

Last reply
  • anyone been overmedicated?

I Was wondering if anyone had experienced being ivovermedicated and what were your symptoms? I've been going through hell the last month with extreme anxiety and tiredness feeling dizzy/lightheaded random pains in head and eyes, and now I've  had it confirmed I've been taking 25mcg …

Last reply
  • Help with underactive thyroid

Husband has under active thyroid. Over last few weeks there has been lots of bbq. so lots of alcohol. After his 60th birthday and lots of booze. He felt that his thyroid was playing up. Now 3 weeks later, he is getting brain fogs, aching muscles, itching. We're wondering whether this could …

Last reply
  • Levothyroxine and missing period

i have been on 25 mg of levothyroxine for almost a month now. I experienced severe pms symptoms, cramping, headaches, etc for about a week and i was assuming i would get my period. It’s now three days late and i am wondering if this is normal? I also don’t know if the meds have even started really …

Last reply
  • Help with lab results

I feel awful and as usual results in normal ranges. Would it be worth an increase in medication based on below? T4 14.7 (range 10-24) T3 4.2 (4-8.3) TSH 1.98 (0.27-4.2) Any advice would be appreciated Thanks

Last reply
  • Concentration problem

Went to dr after a fall downstairs through missing a step and because I had some near escapes because  I was not paying attention crossing the road, and missed aflight because I'd diarised the wrong date. All that in a short time and which I put down to lack of concentration. Dr gave me …

Last reply
  • Could I have Hypothyroidism

Hey everyone, I am 15 years old, and I am wondering if these symptoms are related to Hypothyroidism. I want to see some other peoples experiences before asking the doctors and whomever. So, on google the symptoms that I have is sensitivity to the cold and dry skin. I have cold hives, which …

Posted
  • 25mg dose

I've been taking a 25mg dose for a few months and although I feel better I still don't feel right. I still get days of severe exhaustion and can sleep all day. My gp said my levels are fine but I've spoken with a couple of friends and they said my gp shouldn't just go by a blood …

Last reply
  • Children with hypothyroidism

First want to say I took my daughter who has been passing out 3x's over 5 months to the Dr appointment. My daughter was called back into the doctor office and they told me her TSH level is 6.780 which is high she had a vitamin D difencey cause her level was 14,my question is the 6.780 a very …

Last reply
  • Going Crazy

For the last few years I have been told my thyroid is fine nothing wrong. There is a family history of hypothyroid and I have a goitre but yet my thyroid fine. I feel I have hypothyroidism as I show a lot of symptoms but my TSH is normal. 6 doctors have refused to check my free t3 and t4 because my …

Last reply
  • Vitamin E, Selenium, and Autoimmune Hypothyroidism

Hello. I am a 44-year-old male, and I was diagnosed with autoimmune hypothyroidism in 2009. I live in Chicago, USA. Since January 2015, I've been taking Synthroid 137 (twice per week) and Synthroid 125 (five times per week). For one week in October 2015, I switched to levothyroxine. After …

Last reply
  • Hair loss

Hi I’m posting for advice in regards to my medication levothyroxine and hair loss .  I noticed 2 years ago I was losing my hair . I went to the doctors several times where I had tests take to be told they were all normal (hair loss was my only noticeable symptom) . Fast forward a year and half …

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism and autoimmune

had first bloods done 18 weeks ago was 8.4, and put on 25mg levothyroxine. 6 weeks later have blood test again and was 17.5 so was told to take 75mg a day but if started having heart palpitations to teduce down to 50mg in which after 5 days had to reduce, so just had 3rd lot of results today and …

Last reply
  • Please Help!

Hi All,  I'd really appreciate some insight into my thyroid panel results and some symptoms I am experiencing.  I have a goiter and have had my thyroid tested over the years because of that. I've been experiencing some weight gain and have very dry, flaky skin on my face, so my …

Last reply
  • underactive thyroid after partial thyroidectomy

Hi I had a partial thyroidectomy nearly a year ago to remove a non-malignant cyst.  Everything healed quite well and I was told that I probably wouldn't need thyroxine as my remaining thyroid would compensate.  However, a recent blood test has shown than although my pituitary gland is …

Last reply
  • Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same.?

I’ve had hypothyroidism since I was in like 5th grade tho it hasn’t effected me really until I got to high school. I have since graduated and it seems to get worse, granted I don’t do such a good job since I always forget to take my pills. My levels have gotten extremely high and I forget simple …

Last reply
  • Tests for underactive thyroid

I have gained a lot of weight recently, been very tired, very dry skin, aching joints,etc. so I went to the doctor about whether it might be underactive thyroid especially as I have been on steroids for 12 years.  He said that as the thyroid test was in the normal range last August. (it was 15, …

Last reply
  • How long without meds before I feel lousy?

I have been without my armour thyroid for nearly two weeks.   Is this enough to make me feel lousy?  I am in so much pain today and so tired I can’t function.   I picked up meds today.  How long until I feel better? Thanks!

Last reply
  • Funky results!

I’ve got my thyroid results back and my TSH is 0.01 and my T4 is 9.9 I’m feeling absolutely awful, but also have M.E./C.F.S. and a lot of the symptoms get palmed off onto that.  I’ve been on hypothyroid meds for 15 years now (I’m in my early 30s).  The dose for the past 8+ years has …

Last reply
  • Help! What the heck is going on? Experience with Armour?

Hello fellow sufferers I am Hypo and was on Levothyroxine for several months and still wasn't feeling great even though I had normal numbers. I was switched to Armour since I wasn't feeling so great (still very tired) and was taking 60mg but my T4 free was still .75 so doc upped the …

Last reply
  • Blood test and feeling a bit down

Had a blood test on Wednesday phone call from doctors on Thursday asking me to visit him? Results as follows TSH 0.01 Free T4 25.2 Free T3 15.1 Doc says I need to visit consultant at hospital. Are these recordings really serious. I have epilepsy do those drugs may be interact to cause thyroid …

Last reply
  • TSH Lab Results

Hello,  I went to the doctor recently because for the last few months I've noticed a consistent but minor weight gain of roughly 2 lbs month-to-moth. I have a goiter and have had my thyroid tested in the past and everything has been within the normal range.  Before this test, the …

Posted
  • advice please

I have been struggling with debilitating fatigue for months now and I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 18 months ago. Once I had started on Levothyroxine 50mcg I improved alot but I've gone down hill again dramatically. The doctor has increased my dose of Levothyroxine up to 75mcg two months …

Last reply
  • Tiredness

I’m hypothyroidism, recently had levothyroxine from 25 to 75mg but had reduce after 4 days down to 50mg as was getting palpitations, I’m just so tired and feel lethargic most days, due my bloods done again on 26 july.

Last reply
  • Statins The Culprit?

Many here are still tired with normal thyroid levels. Has anyone found that statins, given to lower cholesterol, are implicated?

Last reply
  • Hypo or Hyper?? Please help!

Hi, I am trying to find advice and opinions for my sister whom I believe is currently hypo. We both were diagnosed with graves disease and had the radiation treatment to destroy our thyroid gland, therefore becoming hypo. She takes Synthroid and received her lab results. Her tsh is 0.22 and her …

Last reply
  • Blood test and thyroid

Hi I just wondered whether anyone would have any advice regarding my thyroid levels based on a few blood tests I have had. I had a blood test a couple of months ago to test my hormones because of my irregular periods that I have had for quite a few years now. It came back normal, with the …

Last reply
  • can I really blame this on my thyroid

First off can really blame this on my thyroid . My long-term live-in boyfriend of 14 years  is so fed up with all my problems .  All I do is sleep I’m constantly too fatigued to even do anything except go to work . I do work 40 hours a week plus’s overtime.  I will get up and …

Last reply
  • neck pressure and thyroid symptoms but labs normal

I visited the doctors 4 weeks ago with neck pressure, at the time only left sided. It feels like someone is pushing on the side of my neck. This is now happening to both sides of my neck. If i press on the area of discomfortt it makes the pressure worse. My GP ordered bloods for thyroid function …

Last reply
  • NP Thyroid worsening symptoms

I can’t get a straight answer about this from my doctor and I’m hoping someone would be able to weigh in on this. First, I was on armour Thyroid last year for a while and the entire time I felt like garbage, worse fatigue, body pain, dizziness, heart palpitations, etc. but I didn’t know if it was …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.