Skip to content
Ad

Hypothyroidism

Also known as Congenital Hypothyroidism, Thyroid - Underactive, Underactive Thyroid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • A Word on Levothyroxine

Every so often you’ll find on this forum strongly worded posts claiming that synthetic thyroid hormone (Levothyroxine) will make you ill, its labelling is false, and it is a scam foisted on us by the pharmaceutical industry. These posts are allowed to remain undeleted, so I trust that moderators will...

Last reply
  • anyone been overmedicated?

I Was wondering if anyone had experienced being ivovermedicated and what were your symptoms? I've been going through hell the last month with extreme anxiety and tiredness feeling dizzy/lightheaded random pains in head and eyes, and now I've  had it confirmed I've been taking 25mcg to...

Last reply
  • Levothroxine increase to 125mcg but TSH level increased?

Hello, thought i'd join this forum as I wanted to gain some extra knowledge on my thyroid condition. I'm a 22 year old male and was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in August of 2015. Below is a copy of my bloodwork, however due to leaving for uni I lost a few test results inbetween my 50cmg...

Last reply
  • Symptoms for over 2 years!! Doctors still saying thyroid normal

I've been having bad hypothyroid symptoms for over 2 years now. Extreme tiredness, brain fog, memory loss, weight gain, chest pain. Pins and needles, costochondritis, fast heart rate, excessive sweating , anxiety and depression the list is endless. I mentioned to my doctor and he said there's...

Last reply
  • Thyroid level help!

Thyroid function test Serum TSH level 0.980 miu/L This is the result i got? I have majority of the underactive symtopms but the gp said all was fine? Is it???

Last reply
  • Horrible head pressure/ swaying feeling!!

Hi! First time posting on this so I'm hoping someone can relate/ offer any advice?  I was was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 3 weeks ago after symptoms of extreme tiredness/ lack of energy, feeling low and this horrible head pressure/ tension on and off for weeks!  I have been taking 50mg...

Last reply
  • neck pressure and thyroid symptoms but labs normal

I visited the doctors 4 weeks ago with neck pressure, at the time only left sided. It feels like someone is pushing on the side of my neck. This is now happening to both sides of my neck. If i press on the area of discomfortt it makes the pressure worse. My GP ordered bloods for thyroid function which...

Last reply
  • Getting frustrated

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and needed to vent. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's (though that was in small writing on the lab report and the doctor didn't even mention it) in 2014 and have been struggling with weight issues and fatigue and brain fog ever since, even...

Last reply
  • Liotir (liothyronine)

My endo just decreased my thyroxine to 100mcg and prescribed Liotir to be taken twice daily. Has anyone else been prescribed this? Any stories to tellwoukd be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Last reply
  • Naturally healing hypothyroidism

Hi there I’ve been struggling with medical issues for almost a year and a half now that I’ve stated in past forums. Ever since my gallbladder was removed, it helped a lot but I’m still sick with new symptoms. Chronic constipation is my major issue. along with weight gain. 30 pounds melted off from my...

Last reply
  • Need help with labs!!

Hello! My name is Beth, 43 years old.  I have been having lots of symptoms lately of having a thyroid issue. I already have a nodule. But for weeks I have been struggling with severe lethargy, hair coming out, weight gain (ten pounds in 2 months!!), palpitations, hurting from head to toe (muscles)....

Last reply
  • Heart flutters with hypothyroidism

The first time I ever experienced a "heart flutter" was after my low thyroid had been diagnosed and I started levothyroxine. I asked my doctor about them and she said that if my levels are off that it can happen. Ive been having intermittent chest pain for the last year to where I've...

Last reply
  • Thyroid Labs are back can i get some help?

Hello guys,  ​I've suffered with Chronic fatigue for close to 6 years or more now and cannot for the life of me figure out why. I have had Saliva cortisol labs to look for adrenal issues and they were ok. Along with my Dr. running various labs that all end up ok.  ​I just had a complete...

Last reply
  • TSH increased after Synthroid dose increase

When I was diagnosed with a high TSH level, it was 15.10 mIU/L (TSH W/REFLEX TO FT4). I went for a recheck and it came to be 14.36. My doctor then kept me on a 25 mcg dose of Synthroid for 90 days. After 90 days when I went for blood test, it came down to 9.27. The doctor then put me on a 50 mcg dose...

Last reply
  • Hypo with TED

Hi all. I'm 24 although I don't feel it. Iv been suffering with thyroid for years now. Had rai when I had ted but was given steroids along with it. Years later still under a consultant at the endo, I'm still no better, infact worse. The ted originally calmed down after rai, but over the years...

Last reply
  • My doctors don't agree on Hypo

I am so confused. I have my ob/gyn who says I am Hypothyroid and wants me on Levothyroxine (.50). Went to an Endocrinologist who said my numbers are normal (showed her my results). I am a 48 year old female and not sure what to think of this. My numbers are: Free T4 .80 ng/dL and TSH 3.17 uIU/mL I...

Last reply
  • hkl hkl

Levothyroxine & irregular periods/fertility

Hi there, I'm new to this and completely at my wits' end. All advice gratefully received. Here's my background... I'm a 29 year old female, relatively healthy, no other medical conditions. 5 months ago I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid; TSH at 18. I was put on levothyroxine...

Last reply
  • Sub clinical Hypothyroidism

I posted a discussion on here a week or so ago about heart palpitations and feeling lightheaded, went for ECG (nothing showed up so that's good) and a blood test last week.  Had results today, they said I have slightly high levels of TSH(?) which was 6.7, and apparently it should be between...

Last reply
  • Dessicated thyroid

Hello everyone. I recently switched from synthroid 100mcg to 60mg of dessicated thyroid (about 2 weeks ago) just wondering anyone's experiences with the switch, how long did it take to feel a difference? I was on synthroid for about 10 years and have found myself going through bouts of depression,...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism, allergies and intolerances

In this post, I'm going to identify what is fact and what is my thoughts, so that everyone can question whether I've come to the right conclusions. In my case the underactive thyroid is caused by my immune system attacking my thyroid (fact: confirmed by blood tests for anti-bodies against...

Last reply
  • Help with lab results

Hi everyone!  I'm new here, so thanks for your help in advance   I'll try to keep it concise.  In a nutshell, I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for about 10 years now, taken a good cocktail of antidepressant medications and the such. Recently I got recommended...

Last reply
  • I'm having problems with mucus. Anyone else?

I've been on Levothyroxine for hypothyroid for about 2 1/2 yrs. At first I felt so much better. Than after about 3 or 4 months I started to have drainage from my sinuses. I normally have allergies so am used to drainage but this was so much different. Its worse in the morning, but I'm not exgagerating...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroid dark circles and eyebags

I have hypothyroidism for a over a year now. I was on Levothyroxine but it was making me feel more exhausted and unwell so after discussing with my doctor i stopped taking them. I now take a lot of vitmamins, i dont eat any gluten products or meat and i eat very organic now and my energy levels are much...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism, levothyroxine and hair

I have a question that will sound crazy to some but is ruining my own well being. I have been on levothyroxine 50 mcg for about 2 1/2 years. I experience alot of the normal side effects. Weight gain, can't lose weight, dry skin etc etc. My question, does anyone have a problem with bleaching your...

Last reply
  • Taking Levothyroxine at night improved my life.

I was put on 50mcg of the stuff at xmas 2013, then after 3months put on 100mcgs. First of all I felt all over the place, disorientated like I had vertigo,then I changed to taking the pill last thing at night and the difference is remarkable, I wake up earlier, feel more refreshed and active, the feeling...

Last reply
  • Hair loss

I have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have suffered with noticeable hair loss and hair thinning, my doctor said all the hair I have lost should grow back. I have only been on the medication for a week but am still noticing hair loss and am very distressed. How long will it be before...

Last reply
  • PPIs and Thyroid Problems?

Lately I’m seeing reports of new studies suggesting adverse effects in the long term use of Proton Pump Inhibitors. These go by brand names like Losec and Pantoloc. They are prescribed for acid reflux. I am hypothyroid and did very well for many years on Synthroid.  About two years ago I experienced...

Last reply
  • High TSH everything else normal

Hoping to see if someone has had similar experiences. I have had sudden weight gain went from 180 to 256 in the matter of 2 years. Blood results showed slightly elevated white blood cell count, Normal T3, Normal T4, but a High TSH, in fact I got two blood tests with different doctors and labs, First...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.