Skip to content
Ad

Hypothyroidism

Also known as Congenital Hypothyroidism, Thyroid - Underactive, Underactive Thyroid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • radioactive indione

I was hyperthyroidism then I did radioactive indione  know I'm hypothyroidism  do I still have graves condition are I'm I just straight hypothyroidism trying to understand 

Last reply
  • diognosed with Hypothyroidism today

Hello. I am 34/M and was diognosed with Hypothyroidism today, after getting a blood test for something else. I need to get another blood test tomorrow. I am unsure of the severity of the syptoms in others but I am hoping that the following will soon come to an end: - Anxiety - Bad memory - Foggy...

Last reply
  • Thyroidectomy 4/10/17

I'm doing pretty good.  I had my 2nd blood draw last week and I see my Endo on Wednesday.  Curious if anyone can tell me of my blood work is good TSH 0.056. Free T4 1.6.   I'm on 150 of levothyroxine  Thank you!

Posted
  • Just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism

Hear is my story. Let's see,where do I start. Last year 4-2017 I was extremely tired and had so much brain fog that it was hard to think. My short term memory was declining. I went to a neurologist and he did several test not finding anything. He then said he was diagnosing me with ensiphilitus....

Last reply
  • Hypothyroid symptoms?

My tsh was tested at 7.26 but then I got it tested again and it was in the high fours. I also had my t4 and others tested. Is my thyroid sputtering? Does anyone with hypothyroid have body pains all over? I get extremely random pains in my armpits, insides of biceps, buttocks, inner thighs, ribs, collarbone,...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroid dark circles and eyebags

I have hypothyroidism for a over a year now. I was on Levothyroxine but it was making me feel more exhausted and unwell so after discussing with my doctor i stopped taking them. I now take a lot of vitmamins, i dont eat any gluten products or meat and i eat very organic now and my energy levels are much...

Last reply
  • Hair Loss and Hair Dye

Hi, Apologies this is slightly unrelated to hypothyroidism but thought this may be the best place to ask my question! I've been suffering with mild and gradually hair loss due to hypothyroidism and being over medicated for a number of years. I would really like to Dye my hair and boost my confidence...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism - Tired and not getting helped

Hello everyone, Over the past year and a half I've started accusing tiredness, exhaustion and all the symptoms generally connected to hypothyroidism. I did not realize at first, so for the first year I tried to fight it through, with not success. As a result I could not keep up with the physical...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism and hair loss

Hi, I've had subclinical hypothyroidism for almost a year. Over that year I've noticed my hair has thinned a lot. I recently went back to the gp and they have started me on  levothyroxine. Although I have other symptoms of hypothyroidism it is the hair loss that bothers me the most, did...

Last reply
  • Liotir (liothyronine)

My endo just decreased my thyroxine to 100mcg and prescribed Liotir to be taken twice daily. Has anyone else been prescribed this? Any stories to tellwoukd be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Last reply
  • Thyroid weight

Hi I'm New to the forum . Does anyone else struggle with there weight . I never put weight on until I had this thyroid problem,I have it around my stomach area, wish I could get rid of it, feels very uncomfortable at times ,I look pregnant!! , and no there's no chance I PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last reply
  • I am struggling to get a diagnosis

I have suffered symptoms that match those of hypothyroidism for up to 3 years and have had one bloodtest that confirms this, but previous bloods and one subsequent one, the GP says are fine. I am struggling with fatigue, low miod, memory issues, weight gain, puffy ankles, hands and face, brittle and...

Last reply
  • My levothyroxine has been declining since March

My levothyroxine has been declining since March, but I had a complete thyroid removal 20 + years ago! I've never had this experience! Back in March I was over medicated and found out bc of the horrible side effects I had, so they ended up doing lab work that's how I found out I was over medicated!...

Posted
  • Under active thyroid

I have been on treatment for years now and recently has swollen glands and been under the weather , my doc is booking me a thyroid scan has he said my thyroid gland felt slightly swollen . My blood test normal but I still have a cough and  my breathing not great  . Any others had this going...

Last reply
  • hypothyroid

I was placed on 100mg thyroxine but lately been having serious pain and pressure in my chest,today I didn take my medication will luk at it for 3days and see.   Maybe I should commence 50mg pls advice.

Last reply
  • Very low Ferritin levels, Hypothyroid symptoms, Normal TSH/T4

Hi Everyone! I went to the doctors recently after experiencing increasing fatigue, to the point where I was in bed by 8:30 each night and often needed an afternoon nap. Thinking about it, I had been feeling generally tired for a long time, if not years before this decline. I am a 22 y/o female, 5"2,...

Last reply
  • Is it possible to feel the change of your TSH levels?

Back in November my cycle became really off beat, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, then weekly. I was tired. My head was foggy. Moody. I'm unsure if my bowels were normal or not because to me it was the norm. When I went to the Dr they did a test and my TSH levels came back within normal range, 2.97, so they did...

Last reply
  • Need advice on blood results

I had a thyroidectomy on 4th July and was put on levothyroxine 150mcg and have been suffering really bad headaches, my levo was lowered to 100mcg last week, I've just got my blood results back from then so was hoping someone could shed some light on my levels.. TSH - 0.08 normal ranges 0.3-4.7 FT3...

Last reply
  • Trying to decipher blood tests

So I've been having crazy symptoms such as occasional tingling in the extremities, rib cage pain and sensitive to touch, chest pain and sensitive to touch, sharp achey pains in front of thighs, shortness of breath, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, ear aches, tension headaches, occasional ringing in...

Last reply
  • My vocal is down for 20 days. Is it related to Thyroxine dose

I am taking Thyroxine tablet for 25 days and my vocal is down from 20 days. Initially I thought it happened due to Speaking loudly and will be ok by time.  But since there is no improvement of the condition, I am just worried that it may be the side effect of the dose.  When I appointed the...

Last reply
  • I know this may be a not so smart decision..

Let me start by saying I KNOW. I was diagnosed with anxiety, back in april. I was on levothyroxine 125mg. For about a year now. When I got my anxiety I stopped taking my Levo. About a month ago. . I thought this would help my anxiety. However I am now experiencing a pressure in my head that comes off...

Last reply
  • Confused by rest results

I went to the hospital and my tsh was high. I saw and endocrinologist to follow up and my tests came back basically normal. But at the time I had the tests done I felt fine. It's like I have flare ups. Currently I feel awful and I honestly feel that if I had tests done right now they'd come back...

Last reply
  • Underactive thyroid -help needed

Hi all  Hope someone with some Knowledge can help me.  I was diagnosed underactive In mid 2015. 1 month ago I was told that levo had to increase to 75mg from 50mg Since then i have felt awful.  Could Someone help me understand the meaning of my blood test please  August 2nd 2017...

Last reply
  • Advice on levothyroxine/TSH stuff

Just wanted to ask a question of you all that have experience dealing with hypo- I was diagnosed with hypo by an endocrinologist I used to go to in late 2015. As you can see, I was at the endo for unrelated issues (referred for joint pain), and then at a follow up I was diagnosed with hypo as a result...

Last reply
  • Full Thyroid Panel

People in this forum often mention the term "Full Thyroid Panel". Can someone explain what tests that consists of? Thanks?

Last reply
  • Don't Know What Is Going On

My GP referred me to a head and neck consultant because of a pain in my neck and jaw and I then had an MRI scan followed by an ultrasound sound scan, which consultant had fast tracked. The radiologist said there was no malignancy but that I had multiple thyroid nodules and one which went down behind...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism

Hi I've been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid for about 2 years now. I've been prescribed levothyroxine but only a low dose of 25 micro grams. Over the last year I've started having difficulty breathing through my nose and now over the last 7 months I have a Cronic cough and a tight...

Last reply
  • Finally Kicking In

Was diganosed about 4 months ago with Hashimotos.  I felt like I was never going to feel any differently.  I know for some people Levothyroxine doesn't work, but for me I am starting to notice improvements.  No more constipation.  Don't feel tired ALL the time.  I just...

Last reply
  • anyone been overmedicated?

I Was wondering if anyone had experienced being ivovermedicated and what were your symptoms? I've been going through hell the last month with extreme anxiety and tiredness feeling dizzy/lightheaded random pains in head and eyes, and now I've  had it confirmed I've been taking 25mcg to...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.