Skip to content
Ad

Hypothyroidism

Also known as Congenital Hypothyroidism, Thyroid - Underactive, Underactive Thyroid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Thyroid Results

Hi I have recently had a thyroid test and don’t understand the results. I’ve been reading them up via the internet and can’t make head nor tail of them.  TSH       0.04 T4        15.4 T3           6.3 Can anyone enlighten me. Very much...

Last reply
  • Self medicate

Hi everyone just need some advice, I've been on 200mg of levothyroxine for about seven years, it's been a while since I had a blood test. I've been feeling unwell for a few months and am getting worse. I'm showing some symptoms of being over medicated. Depression, racing mind, fatigue,...

Last reply
  • Mrs

19 year old daughter, just had retest TSH 6.9, T4 13.7 ( TSH higher than 6 months ago).  Has had health issues for about 4 yrs, acne, clinical depression ( blamed on the acne) poor sleep, concentration, thinning hair. Generally struggling. Concerned because she’s just been told it will be retested...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroid dark circles and eyebags

I have hypothyroidism for a over a year now. I was on Levothyroxine but it was making me feel more exhausted and unwell so after discussing with my doctor i stopped taking them. I now take a lot of vitmamins, i dont eat any gluten products or meat and i eat very organic now and my energy levels are much...

Last reply
  • Taking Levothyroxine at night improved my life.

I was put on 50mcg of the stuff at xmas 2013, then after 3months put on 100mcgs. First of all I felt all over the place, disorientated like I had vertigo,then I changed to taking the pill last thing at night and the difference is remarkable, I wake up earlier, feel more refreshed and active, the feeling...

Last reply
  • T4 and amiodarone

I had bloodwork done in Sept. Which showed high THS and normal T4. Had bloodwork done again in Oct. Showed low end of normal and high T4. I'm on 200mg of amiodarone a day. Is that too much iodine. Thought I might have heard from my doctor today but no, I didnt.

Last reply
  • Is almost Alzheimer's type actions due to thyroid

My 47yr old bf has been on levothyroxine for about a year . He's gotten very forgetful and when he forgets blames others for supposedly rushing him. This is getting really bad. He's currently out of town working at tonight called me because he forgot the motel room he was in and was even smarting...

Last reply
  • Twitching muscles and muscle loss

I had a nodule on my thyroid and had my thyroid removed 3 years ago. After about six months after surgery I started working out again. I realized that my muscle started twitching and they wouldn't develope like they used to. I have so many labs done and t4 and t3 are all normal. Potassium and magnesium...

Last reply
  • i have chest pain

I have chest pain at my right side and I feel as if am carrying heavy load.this is the third month what will be the problems need help

Last reply
  • Would smoking weed make my thyroid worse?

I have an underactive thyroid i wanna start smoking weed again. i'm thinking about smoking it from a vape which wouldnt give me any of the toxic byproducts found in smoke would it still make my thyroid worse? i have an underactive thyroid

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism and Anxiety

Hello! In the few months prior to my hypothyroidism diagnosis I experienced a couple of panic attacks for the first time in my entire life. I figured it was a one time thing due to stress and wasn't too worried about it. Then after my diagnosis, I started taking synthroid 25mcg. I began experiencing...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism and hair struggles?

Really hoping for some help. I am 27 y/o female with 2 children.  Since starting levo 50mcg on 1st June 2017 (tsh >150 t4 0.2, antibodies +) my hair really went to town and was falling out in clumps. Blocking sinks and hoover. I was crying! (3 years to grow my hair and I get married next year...

Last reply
  • Muscle/Tendon Pain with Hypothyroidisn

I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism for 4 years now and am still struggling with my endocrinologist to get my dose right. The last few months I have been suffering with severe pain in my shoulder - which a physio says could be related to my thyroid problem. I thought others might like to be aware...

Last reply
  • Heart flutters with hypothyroidism

The first time I ever experienced a "heart flutter" was after my low thyroid had been diagnosed and I started levothyroxine. I asked my doctor about them and she said that if my levels are off that it can happen. Ive been having intermittent chest pain for the last year to where I've...

Last reply
  • T3

Hi all anyone use t3 prescribed by a gp? Heard a lot won’t prescribe them these days

Last reply
  • Symptoms of hypothyroid

A while back I went to my doctors and explained feeling tired all the time my b12 and iron come back low was prescribed iron tablets and told to eat more red meat( which I do anyway) Since going I've got more tired brain fog can't function properly face puffed up all time eyes red gritty and...

Last reply
  • Liotir (liothyronine)

My endo just decreased my thyroxine to 100mcg and prescribed Liotir to be taken twice daily. Has anyone else been prescribed this? Any stories to tellwoukd be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism, levothyroxine and hair

I have a question that will sound crazy to some but is ruining my own well being. I have been on levothyroxine 50 mcg for about 2 1/2 years. I experience alot of the normal side effects. Weight gain, can't lose weight, dry skin etc etc. My question, does anyone have a problem with bleaching your...

Last reply
  • Thyroidectomy and dry skin, tiredness

It has been one year since my thyroidectomy ( due to hyperthyroidism, no cancer) and I noticed my skin is getting dry as time goes by. I get tired very easily as well. So after 1 year my TSH is 2,10  FT3 is 5,40 FT4 is 15,90 My Doctor told me that my TSH is a high higher and it should be around...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and I am so confused. I'm a 21 year old female. My TSH level 44.42 I have no idea what this means 😕 I have been prescribed 50mg of levothyroxine, since taking them I have been so dizzy to the point of falling over and I just feel so spaced out....

Last reply
  • Taking non prescribed levothyroxine.

Please read before making a judgement. As the title says i've been taking non prescribed levothyroxine that I purchased from Canada on the internet. But, i've been taking them for genuine reasons. I am hoping that someone can help diagnose what is wrong.  I'm a 55 year old male. About...

Last reply
  • Scared of my thyroid problem coming back

Hi all, I would like to share my story to see if anyone can relate to this, I had my first baby when I was 22 and all was fine apart from a little anxiety after having him which has never really gone away, but I just put that down to being a mum and worrying like mum's do, then 3 years later I had...

Posted
  • THS is normal; doctor won't do any further testing

This is my first time posting in a forum but I'm so frustrated, I don't know what else to do. I have been feeling really off, physically, lately. I went to my PCP cause of a headache that has been consistent for the past 3 weeks but I had other health concerns too. After...

Last reply
  • Dessicated thyroid

Hello everyone. I recently switched from synthroid 100mcg to 60mg of dessicated thyroid (about 2 weeks ago) just wondering anyone's experiences with the switch, how long did it take to feel a difference? I was on synthroid for about 10 years and have found myself going through bouts of depression,...

Last reply
  • Hypo to Hyper so confused, please help!

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 20 years ago after I had my last child. I was prescribed levothyroxine 50mg. Which I have been on up until recently. My dose was only increased once to 75mg a couple years ago because my blood work came back that I was underactive. This past June I began having palpitations,...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism

Had yearly bloodwork done last week. I've been on Levothyroxin for 10 years. I didn't get to discuss this with my doctor yet. All these numbers were normal last year. Now my TSH is 6.18 , BUN is 25. Did not test T 3 or 4. Don't know why YET. My gfr is 70. Now , I'll spend the weekend...

Last reply
  • Do i have Hyperthyroidism? My lab results

I went for thyroid test on my own, and here are results: These are two months old T3 is 1.58 ng/ml T4 is 8.27 ug/dl TSH is 4.07 uU/ML I want to confirm before visiting a doctor. Some of you may have thyroid problem so do these symptoms indicate something.  My symptoms: 1. I have frequent urination...

Last reply
  • How does this lifestyle correspond to this TSH level?

Hello,  I recently had a blood test done and found out my TSH level is at 5.09 mIU/L. I am a 20 Year old Male, I weigh 190 pounds and I am 6'2. I exercise 4-5 times a week doing cardio/strength training. I watch what I eat and am sure to have a balanced diet. I take Nutrilite Double X...

Last reply
  • Increased TSH level

Hii, Recently diagnosed with Thyroid, TSH : 9.22, T3 : 112, T4: 8.7, Vitamin D : 8.4ng/ml , Vitamin B 12: 137 pg/ml. Hb: 9.22 . is it very serious condition 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.