Skip to content

Hypothyroidism

Also known as Congenital Hypothyroidism, Thyroid - Underactive, Underactive Thyroid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swollen glands

Hi everyone, I hope all is well. Hey, here a question. I just started taking Gabapentin about a week ago and have noticed some unusual side effects. My glands in my neck and groin area are starting to feel a little tender. Has anyone else experienced these same side effects while taking Gabapentin? Thanks...

Last reply
  • Adjusting to new dose of levothyroxine

I have also just had my thyroxine dose increased from 100 to 125 mcg following a TSH test result of 31. I have been on thyroxine for 16 years and on 100mcg for several years and always felt balanced until recently. I always knew that it took a while before the new dose had a good effect, but I am quite...

Last reply
  • Swollen glands

Hi everyone I hope it’s opening day. I have a question? I just recently started taking gabapentin about a week. And I’ve noticed that the lymph nodes in my neck and groin area have become a little tender. As anyone else experienced the same side effects while taking gabapentin?   Thank...

Posted
  • Thyroid issues or something else??

For the past two months I've been sick every day and in and out emergency room. Previous to this felt great for months no complaints. Dec 15th that all suddenly changed. Experiencing all day long internal tremors that are mild and increase during the day and leads to a very high heart rate and very...

Last reply
  • Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Does anyone else experience burning sensations in their forearm and legs? I’m also starting to feel the glands on both sidesof my neck begin to hurt. I’ve just been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and trying to figure this whole thing out. Thanks for your help.

Last reply
  • Unbalanced dizzy feeling came back after two months on thyroid med

Hi in December I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. I had caught glandular fever in the summer which messed me up really bad, I started feeling dizzy 24/7 not room spin but unbalanced feeling, apart from when driving and cycling or lying down. Once I started Levothyroxine It stopped and I thought thats brilliant....

Last reply
  • Weight Gain, Flushed Skin, and Thyroid Prominence

Hello, For the past year, I've been aware of splotchy redness at the base of my neck, like a lingering blush.  Additionally, it seems that my thyroid is a bit larger or more prominent than it used to be.  I have also gained 10 pounds or so over the last five years.  Does weight gain...

Posted
  • Help

I was put on armour thyroid and never should have been on thyroid meds to start. So it through me into hyperthyroidism. Had to switch docs. Went to my gp a few weeks ago and my thyroid level was 4.7 from the highest 5.3. My normal 3.0 but she is saying it's in the normal range. I'm still experiencing...

Last reply
  • anyone been overmedicated?

I Was wondering if anyone had experienced being ivovermedicated and what were your symptoms? I've been going through hell the last month with extreme anxiety and tiredness feeling dizzy/lightheaded random pains in head and eyes, and now I've  had it confirmed I've been taking 25mcg to...

Last reply
  • Loosing weight with hypothyriodism

Hello, My name is shannon and i have hypothyriodism (underactive thyriod) i was just wondering if someone might help me i was diagnosed 5 years and my levels still arent right and i am putting on excessive weight but not eating any differently i was wondering if this has happened to anyone and what...

Last reply
  • I’m a little frustrated with my doctor

I’ve been feeling like crap for over 2 months now and working with my doctor to figure out what’s wrong. So my thyroid comes back  Tsh 18:50 T3 normal. He emails me today saying that we should just keep an eye it the next 6 months to see what happens. Don’t you think that I should be on medication...

Last reply
  • Levothyroxine ?

Hello everyone I posted on here back in December asking about levothyroxine. I started it on Xmas eve, I was doing OK on it to be honest. Last Wednesday I lost a relative and I started to feel unwell like before I started the medication. I feel dizzy again not room spin but unbalanced. Im currently on...

Last reply
  • Selective Iga deficiency and thyroid

Hi, Newbie here, I have been diagnosed with selective Iga deficiency and low Testosterone and have nearly all the symptoms of Thyroid but was told my result 0.9 was within the normal range.   Interestingly looking back at my blood tests I have reduced over about 3 years from 2.2 to 0.9.  Any...

Last reply
  • Hypothyroidism

Has anyone tried thyroxine verses synthroid? Ive recently been pretty ill from hypothyroid, ive experienced brittke hair itchy skin weight gain. Plugged sinus headaches and hives. Ive been told that the decicated thyroid med is way better. I was also diagnosed with a fatty liver.

Last reply
  • Menopause and high TSH....feeling so wrecked!

Hello, My story is long,but, I will try to make it short. About a year and a half ago, I got sick with chronic sinusitis. Within a five week time span, I experienced panic attacks ( unusual for me), worsening fatigue, scent sensitivity and I was scared. One morning, I woke up and quickly felt all my...

Last reply
  • Can hypothyroidism cause dizziness?

For the past 6 weeks I've had headaches (which have stopped this week), eye trouble, exhaustion, and brain fog.  I had a normal MRI in the ER.  My newest symptom is disequilibrium, like my eyes don't know where to look and riding in vehicles makes it worse.  My PT has mentioned...

Last reply
  • Results meaning

Can anyone  tell me what these results mean : positive  high TPO antibodies  :  TSH  10.58 mIU/L :  free T3   4.6  :  free T4 13.3 Just  had results sent from doctor .  They have added to start me on levothyroxin 25 mg  but what  do...

Last reply
  • Frustrated

Happy Valentine's Day. I can't believe how this dysfunctioning thyroid can make my moods so crazy..the anxiety..the depression..the overwhelmed feeling..etc. all of these are not what I've ever felt before. How does one cope with this. Got in argument with my boyfriend tonight because of...

Last reply
  • Hair issues with thyroid problem

I have had major hair issues for the past year. I had to cut off all of my hair!! It is so dry brittle and unruly! Some days are better than others. I even notice a difference sometime throughout the day. It seems like one day I am hyperthyroidism and the next I'm hypo. Does anyone else feel like...

Last reply
  • neck pressure and thyroid symptoms but labs normal

I visited the doctors 4 weeks ago with neck pressure, at the time only left sided. It feels like someone is pushing on the side of my neck. This is now happening to both sides of my neck. If i press on the area of discomfortt it makes the pressure worse. My GP ordered bloods for thyroid function which...

Last reply
  • underactive thyroid after partial thyroidectomy

Hi I had a partial thyroidectomy nearly a year ago to remove a non-malignant cyst.  Everything healed quite well and I was told that I probably wouldn't need thyroxine as my remaining thyroid would compensate.  However, a recent blood test has shown than although my pituitary gland is releasing...

Last reply
  • Confusing results

Can someone please help me make sense of my results until I see a Doc please? I initially had low T4 but normal TSH approx 1 month ago. I had symptoms of weight gain, hot sweats, low moods hence the first blood tests. It was suspected that I may have a pituitary issue rather than thyroid so asked to...

Last reply
  • Changing TSH

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 7 years ago and been taking Levothyroxine ever since.  For about the past 2 years I've been taken a 125 dose.  In June I had blood work and TSH was about 1.3.  Had blood work again the beginning of October and it was about 9.2.  Doctor upped...

Last reply
  • Not getting my period

I am 17 and I am on the implant but have been for nearly 3 Years now so my body is used to it. On the implant I was used to getting my period very regularly. I have just been diagonosed with an under active thyroid and started taking levothyroxine (50mg) in November 2017. I haven’t had my period since...

Last reply
  • Tsh of 7.5

I have an underactive thyroid and have felt later that my medication isn't enough and the symptoms are back so asked for my thyroid bloods to be taken, results back today is that my tsh is 7.5 but doctor says I don't need any further action, surely this is too high?

Last reply
  • TSH sharp increase in 1 month...

Is there anyone who has experienced a TSH decline and then it sharply increased? I thought I was doing ok, but in the last month my TSH increased to a higher level than what I started with. I have a really stressful job and things happened that just elevated that too. Is stress a factor? These are the...

Last reply
  • Switching between Generic Levothyroxine difference in one week?

Hello, Sam's Club Pharmacy changed my generic levothyroxine for another one and I feel like crap it's only been about 5 days maybe a week. Is it possible to feel the change this quickly or is it all in my head, and so tired and depression is coming back? I am going to be taking name brand only...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.