Feel better when overmedicated?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was 1st diagnosed with being hypothyroid when I was 16 years old.. I'm now 36 and continue to struggle with dosages for my hypothyroidism. For the past 20 years I have come to realize that I actually feel so much better when I'm slightly hyperthyroid due to overmedication than I feel when I'm within the "normal range". However, the problem with this is that most doctors will not allow you to be slightly hyperthyroid even though you feel great, no fatigue, you have no hair falling out, your weight is manageable, your mood is awesome, and your anxiety is minimal. Is there anyone else out there that feels the same way as I do and if so how did you manage to feel better even though you're within the "normal range"?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.