Over reactive/hyper thyroid with full body twitches

Posted ,

Hi all

I was recently been diagnosed with an over reactive thyroid in Jan 2023 (previously

always been under active however recent change of dose has caused it to become over reactive at 0.15tsh). Since the start of the year I’ve started experience full body twitching all over my body. My dose changed in the latter part of 2022 & the twitches started a couple months later. Gp was suggesting i have been over treated. Is this a common side affect when you’re with over reactive thyroid/hyperthyroid? I’ve also experienced recent carpal tunnel syndrome which i believe also attributes to over reactive thyroid based on discussion with my gp and personal research. I am now taking levothyroxine medication as advised by m gp to get my thyroid levels back in line. Has anyone experienced similar body twitches and fasciculations All over? They dont last all day. They occur at random times of the day and last seconds. It’s just starting to get worrying & a-bit annoying as its something ive never experienced. Once correctly medicated has anyone had evidence of the twitches reducing?!

Any similar experiences or advise will be appreciated. Thank you.

NB: Some other side effects since experiencing hyperthyroidism

Hair thinning, loss of hair, intermittent hand weakness, & pins & needles.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.