2021: Joint pain right hand side of body, discombobulation in chest, permanent reduced power output

Posted , 1 user is following.

In early 2021 I suddenly started to experience joint pain in the right hand side of my body to include hip, knee, thumb and jaw. I have never experienced hip pain before.

It all began whilst ski touring; energy levels were very low and was struggling to maintain pace, despite fitness levels being good. There was some pain in right wrist, hip, and ankle.

A few weeks later.... Onset of knee pain began one afternoon from seemingly nothing (right ACL was broken in 2020), was sofa bound by the evening and pain was so intense by bedtime that mounting the stairs brought on nausea. Had to wear knee brace for a couple of days afterwards and use crutches for 24 hours. Pain subsided during the following week.

One afternoon, right thumb started hurting out of nowhere. By night time pain was so intense that had difficulty getting to sleep. Pain disappeared within 24 hours.

Whilst eating fruit'n'fibre pain manifested in right side of jaw. This came and went over the next few months.

During this time, whilst lying in bed I was experiencing what can only be described as a mild discombobulation in the chest area. To me it felt like very mild palpations, possibly trapped gas, and mild nervous twitches. Got ECG and blood tests - both negative.

Also during this time got on my road bike - but something was markedly different. The spring had gone from my step. Normally whilst cycling up mountains I would push myself to the point of sweating profusely from my face, with sweat dripping all over the handle bars and frame. I have not sweated like this since this time. Not once. Cycling data shows that heart rate is the same during rides, but I simply get to a certain point and am unable to push the sustained power output any further. Looking at historical cycling data, my power output is about 20% lower, despite training attempts.

Now in 2023, the chest discomfort is gone, I still have occasional pain in right hip, but I am unable to push myself on the road bike like before. I do not sweat like I used to.

I do have a history of arthritis in my right knee.

WTF?!!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.