20wks and still problems

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi i am 20wks. Post TKR. Thoroughly fed up

leg is still not totally straight but i have been walking more than 12000 steps a day - about 5 miles. Stairs are ok. But yesterday the tightness above my knee that had previously eased increased to unbearable. I tried heat and ice but neither helped.

I slept all night with it elevated but had to get up to take pain killers. As it woke me several times.

There's a sharp real pain above the knee and I'm wondering - tendinitis? My whole thigh hurts too - i have to work today but if it doesn't improve i will need to see my gp.

My next surgeon appt is in 4 weeks.

Anyone else had this?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It took me about a year after TKR to really be back to normal. Now after nearly 3 years it is like having my life back.

There is hope at the end of the tunnell keep going.

Keep me posted

Love Sarah

• Posted

Thanks Sarah. - that's encouraging! Just hope i live that long. Lol

I've decided to go back to icing, elevating and stretching the leg etc. Feel like i just lost 6 weeks but it's feeling a little better smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.