21 down

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ending today with 21 days sober. Damn that feels good. I am so glad I actually did it this time and am honest with myself that I can NEVER ever drink like a "normal person" I have to accept that fact. I can't drink one drink, one sip, hell I can't even let myself look back. I find such blessings and joy in the small things now. Just wanted to update as it's been a little since I posted. Hope all is well with you all and hope everyone is hanging in there Lori

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Outstandng! Super feeling NOT looking for that hidden bottle. I am on 3 yrs 9 months sober!! Keep going. Robin
    • Posted

That's amazing. And it's stories like that, that keep me positive and know someday that will be me also. Only been 22days but already feels like a lifetime

• Posted

Everything gets better...for most people.

Much got worse for me...but even on my worse day I felt better emotionally and physically.  

Congratulations on your new found health and happiness!

• Posted

Thank you missy. If someone had told me this would be me a month ago today I would have laughed while sneaking my many many glasses of wine, I truly feel something saved me and it's that gratitude that keeps pushing me forward. I definitely want to help others and think it could someday be a career change for me. Crazy because for 15 years I have been a bartender .... go figure

• Posted

Ha! a bartender....well maybe now you can look at social work or a substance dependence counselor!

• Posted

Well done lorilin - you have a different life.  Yes, I too, would have laughed at myself while sneaking my wine (hidden in my wardrobe).  One bottle in the kitchen which lasted all night and hubs thought that was what I was drinking; but my other bottle was hiding upstairs.  I know for a fact I could not drink two bottles now.  It feels great and I am finally getting my colour back in my face.  Hope my insides are happier too.

Thanx to this forum, I have made it this far.......Yaay smile x

Keep going lorilin - you are doing fantastic.

G.

• Posted

Curious?

Did you sneak drink while bartending?

I KNOW I would have.

• Posted

Yup a bartender at many clubs even ran the last one all while being an alcoholic. Lol imagine that. I left that life behind me. There's no way I could go back to that anymore

• Posted

Yes. I drank my entire shifts. For the entire years I did it. Would drink mixed drinks. Beers wine whatever I could sneak
    • Posted

Thank you.I was the queen at sneaking, or so I thought. Looking back I feel like an idiot the only person I was fooling was myself. My drunken stupid self
    • Posted

good reply...we al know who we are cheating...yes we only cheat ourself. Alchoholic for certain but you are trying!! do NOT give up...Robin
    • Posted

Day 25 today. can't believe I almost made it a month. Feeling stronger than I imagined and truly the thought of drinking makes my stomach upset, probably because detoxing was so horrible for me and something I genuinely didn't imagine or even put thought into happening. Going back??? No thAnks!! I'll keep pushing forward. Turns out I'm incredibly neat, organized, level headed, and a fitness fanatic lol. So much wasted time being a drunk

• Posted

Hey well done you.  Gold star coming your way.  Know so much what you mean.  After 40 years of daily drinking and it getting way out of control of 20 - 22 units per evening, I have nailed it - the feeling is so  great during the day - I forgot what it was like without alcohol sitting around in your body constantly.  I have been dizzy for years and years and always put down to anxiety so I just thought, well this is my lot in life so get used to it, because I am an overly anxious person.  This is my fourth week of nailing it, and guess what, I have not had one dizzy day, I can't believe it, after all these years.  Long may it continue.  All those still struggling, please don't give up.  We can all do it by flippin hook or by crook; it  just takes a 'lightbulb' moment to not want to die too soon.

Great job lorilin smile

• Posted

Lorilin and Gwen are both amazing sincey you have kicked it and are both healing and feeling G R E A T!! nothing like it...IN Dec. 4 yrs celebration for myself and never ever having a drink again..I cannot trust myself with even one! keep going girls!! Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.