21 year old male with chest pain for a year

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there, i work every day at my computer screen but go for long walks in the day and am a healthy 21 year old male. back in march 2020 i woke up one morning with extreme chest pain. it took my breath away, at the time it was the centre of my chest. the rest of that day i just lounged around as it was painful on every breath and every movement. after a day or two the pain wasn't constant and had moved over to my left side. within weeks i also woke up with extreme pain on the right hand side of my groin which again switched between my left and right sides. the chest pain was only hurting when i was laying on my right hand side and breathing out, moving my arms in a certain manner, lifting things (although i can get the pain the first time i lift something, but when repeating the movement it wont hurt) the pain is not sharp in a sense it feels dull and deep but does take my breath away and only lasts a second when it happens. the pains were ongoing so after a few months i went for a ct scan on my chest, stomach, and groin. all of which cane back okay. i went back after 6 months to have an ultrasound on my groin, blood tests, and an ECG which all came back fine. it will be a year on next months and my groin pain is much better, the pain has moved into my adductors (upper inner thighs) and only hurts when i push my knees together. however there isn't a day where i'm not wracking my brain trying to figure out this chest pain. i get my good days where it doesn't hurt much, and i get my bad days where i'm having the pains a lot. i was hoping its costrocondritis but there is no pain to push on my chest. the pain is still when im laying on my right hand side, certain sharp breaths such as when im shivering, certain movements. the pain does not get worse with exercise so im trying to rule out lung or heart problems. i didn't have bad anxiety before this but the pains have made my anxiety a lot worse. i also think if it was anxiety pain it wouldnt be so specific but who knows. i eat well and have tried taking indigestion tablets to rule out stomach issues but nothing seems to change. id really appreciate any feedback, thankyou!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

very painful when i turn over in the night too, cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.