Skip to content
Ad

Chest Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Chest pain

Im 31. The pain started about 2.5 years ago. Ive been to doctors, ERs, cardiologists and no one seems to have an answer. Blood tests come back normal. Ekg is normal every time. Stress test is fine. Stress echo was fine. No explanation. Its eating away at me. Frustration level is thru the roof....

Last reply
  • Pain under lower LEFT ribcage, worsens with body movement

Chronic pain, LEFT UPPER abdomen and chest, already for 5 months. ​ - Dull pain, sometimes also feeling like bubbles, mostly under lower left ribcage. Worsens with body movement like moving fast around the house (but not with shaking of for example going on a car).  - Sometimes also at...

Last reply
  • I have chest pains...and Dr's say there is nothing wrong

I am a 30 year old woman who has always been healthy. Recently the past 2 months I have had a chest pain and been to the hospital multiple times thinking it's related to my heart. They have done ekg, and echo ultra sound of the heart, xrays, ct scan, and of course blood work. Everything comes back...

Last reply
  • Chest pain for months?

I'm a 57 YOWM in good health, take no meds, have no known allergies, no medical hx. I started developing what I call pressure in the right side of my chest in August last year. Maybe more like a muscle spasm. It was under my right arm also. Over time it slowly moved to left side of chest, abdomen,...

Last reply
  • Long term, unexplained chest pain

Hi all After struggling with docs for years over this I thought I would turn to the wider world some input. I am a 27 year old, healthy (enough) male who has been getting intermitment, iregular and infrequent chest pains on and off for around 10 years.  During an 'attack' the pain...

Last reply
  • Long-term unexplained left-side chest pain and sob in young male

21 y/o skinny male here. My chest has been hurting for the past 7 months or so. It's hard to describe, but it's a relatively numb/dull pain with intensity that ebbs and tides yet is fairly consistent in it's presence. It sometimes becomes a bit sharp and extends to my back/shoulder. I also...

Last reply
  • Sudden chest pains?

Hi, I am almost 17 years old, and I dont know if this is supposed to be under this category, but for a long time I have been having a VERY hard time to take a deep breath. For example it will take 3 full deep breathes of air to feel like I only got one, and that has been very annoying for the past while,...

Last reply
  • Chest tightness

Hi there, I am 22 years old. I was admitted and was diagnosed with "Gastritis Erosion Over Antrum", with GERD (Acid Reflux). I was recently discharged from the hospital and told me to continue my medications at home for one month with omeprazole 40mg and mucosta 3 times a day. I was confused...

Last reply
  • Chest, Back & Right Shoulder Pain

Hi folks. There's a long(er) version of this story but I don't want to bore you all. 8 weeks I've had an intense stabbing pain that starts in the upper back, spreads to the right shoulder and shoots through to the sternum. Painkillers don't do anything for the pain, neither does...

Last reply
  • Costochondritis, Gas, Acid Reflux Plus some...

I speak from my own personal recent experience with breast and chest pain, burning, pricking, pinching, acid re flux, heart burn.  It scared the heck out of me and I didn't know what was causing all of this and the severity was different daily and finally I've gotten much needed relief Thank...

Last reply
  • Chronic chest pain for 5 years I don't know what to do

Hi everyone, I'm a 19 year old male, now a sophomore in college. I've been dealing with sudden sharp pain in my chest and ribs for 5 years now and I'm really not sure what to do. It first started when I was a freshman in high school. My whole family thought it was asthma, which I've...

Last reply
  • Chest pain for almost 2 months now

I am 29 female, 127 pounds, 5,4 foot Don't smoke, Don't drink alchohol or caffeine, cut down on sugar, Don't do any drugs. It started with a gastritis attack which landed me in hospital a few months ago, now that, that is cured after almost 3 months of using omeprazole (PPI) which indicates...

Last reply
  • Bad Achy Chest Pain After Novacaine Injection

I went to the dentists Wednesday for a crown placement and when they injected me with the novacaine shortly after I felt weird in my chest, pains (which I’ve had on and off after a pericarditis and Sjogrens diagnosis now a year and a half ago) and the pains came with a weird heart beat. I passed it off...

Last reply
  • 15 year old chest pain

I’m a 15 female, I’m 16 in a couple weeks and ever since July 2017 (7 months ago) I first experienced a shortness of breath. I had no pain in my chest and it was solemnly just a shortness of breath. I had great difficulty breathing and I thought at first it was my asthma but I have never experienced...

Posted
  • Severe Chest and esophagus pain not heart related

In October I had been cleaning out closets and boxing up clothes for Goodwill donations when I was struck with severe chest pain. While carrying boxes out to my car I started having pain at the tip of my chest bone that soon started to radiate up my throat into my Jaws and into my cheeks. I stop and...

Posted
  • Intense pain when breathing

I had the Flu and when I recovered i came down with another cold-like illness that had me coughing uncontrollably for about 5 days straight. Its now been 2 days since ive got over that and I feel better other than a horrible intense pain in my chest. It started just below my armpit area on my left ribs...

Posted
  • Sharp pain in centre of chest. Fibromyalgia and CFS/ME sufferer.

Hi All I'm getting a bit concerned about a chest pain I get that started at some point yesterday, that I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with. The pain is a sharp, electric shock, needle prick type pain that occurs right in the centre of my chest level with my nipples. The pain is...

Last reply
  • Various Symptoms - Not Sure What Going On

About 4 months ago I started having chest pain on the left side of my chest. The pain was mainly an aching/squeezing and not really a burning. I went to the ER and did bloodwork, a chest x-ray, and EKG that all came back normal. I then went to a cardiologist and did cholesterol bloodwork, EKG stress...

Last reply
  • A teenage boy having a sharp pain in the heart side.

My son is 17 yo, he's been feeling sharp pain in the lower part of his left chest (Heart) for 3 years. It happens every couple of days or weeks "WHILE RESTING", and lasts for 15 minutes. Sometimes it's so sharp that he finds difficulty breathing. At the same time, he can left heavy...

Last reply
  • Very long term chest irritation/discomfort

I've been getting a very strange chest discomfort for a good few months now. Maybe up to about 5 months. It's mainly around where my heart is located and it feels like a pressure/irritation, its tender to touch the area too. I've had an ECG and a chest xray which both came back normal...

Last reply
  • Pain in left breast

It happens 1 -2 times a day and it is very short- maybe 10 seconds in which it stings when I breath in my left breast near my heart. What does this mean?

Posted
  • Constant chest discomfort in 21 y/o male

21 y/o skinny male here. My chest has been hurting for the past 4 months or so. It's hard to describe, but it's a relatively numb pain with intensity that ebbs and tides yet is fairly consistent in it's presence. It sometimes becomes sharp and extends to my back/shoulder. I also experience...

Last reply
  • sharp chest pain on left rib!!!!

I'm needing some advice right now..I'm freaking out. ok so I went to the Dr on December 6..two weeks ago today. I went because I freaked myself out into thinking I had DVT. (blood clot in your leg that travels to your lungs which is called PE which then goes to your heart leading to most likely...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with costochondritis

I’ve recently been diagnosed with costochondritis and I’ve no idea how to cope, I also have asthma so I can’t take any anti inflammatorys. I have sever anxiety and bpd and feel like these might be making it worse also. I also get pains down my left arm that make me feel like I’m having a heart attack....

Last reply
  • Chest and arm pain diagnosed with gerd

Dear all I was having burping and liquid coming out of my mouth during sleep from may be last 1.5 years and also chest pain arm pain mostly on the left side had two times echocardiogram and stress test (TMT) in last 2 years and now had both last week because of same but it's always been normal......

Posted
  • Chest pain that won't go away

Hi, the first thing that I want to state is my age which I know is sort of irrelevant when it comes to potential heart issues, though I just thought that it'd make my questions a lot easier to answer. With that being said I just turned seventeen years old and for about a week or so, I've been...

Last reply
  • Sudden extreme chest & back pain at same time. Please Help.

I get these attacks of pain in my back somewhere between T-12 & T-4, and pain in the chest at the same time. Sometimes pain on the side as well. The pain is extreme (8-9). They come on quick and randomly. I could be sitting, standing, walking. I could have one today, tommorow, next week. Or not another...

Last reply
  • Rib pain

Since I was about 13 years old I’ve been having occasional rib pain, always in the same place, which can some times be excruciating and other times bearable. When experiencing this pain I can become nauseous and begin to shake. I’m now 20 years old and still experiencing these symptoms. Can anyone help? 

Last reply
  • Pain in chest and left shoulder

I’m 26 years old, and I’ve been having different pains in my chest for nearly a week. Sometimes if feels like an ache in my ribs, as if I’ve been coughing constantly but I haven’t. And sometimes I have little pains under my breasts and aches in my arm pit. My left shoulder also aches a lot and the top...

Last reply
  • Strange Chest Pain on Right Side, 21 Years Old

I have had what feels like a stitch pain just on the inner part of my right breast for a few days. I took a bath last night and made a conscious effort to relax and it was gone all night and only started up an hour ago when i started doing coursework. It hurts more when i take a deep breath. It doesn't...

Last reply
  • Left chest somehow stiffer/harder than right chest

Hi All, I experienced an unusual symptom and it has been buzzing me for quite a while. I have experienced my left chest being somehow harder than the right, and i can feel some tingling in the nipple area extending further closer to the heart (this is intermittent but it always happens throughout the...

Last reply
  • If I breath in, my chest hurts with every heart beat

Hello, This was actually so concerning I went to the ER. But everything came back clear. (Standard EKG + Bloodwork) and sent home. Is there anything not-scary that this could be? Or should I continue to push this with my doc? Essentially, If I take a deep breath in, or lean forward to far, There is...

Last reply
  • Hi all

Hiya im sophie and im 13 iv been having chest pain for about 4 weeks and iv been in ambulance and A&E twice and to the doctors they did a ECG and said it looked okay but it still hurts and they dont seem to be worried about it. I have also been having upper back pain and shortness of breath and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.