Skip to content
Ad

Chest Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Heart pain or just pain? How to tell the difference

So recently there have been a lot of cases in my practice where the patient has presented with chest pain, of course the right thing to do is visit a doctor for any pain in your chest. But just to narrow it down for those wondering. When you feel cardiac related pain, you will feel a deep pressure in...

Last reply
  • Long term, unexplained chest pain

Hi all After struggling with docs for years over this I thought I would turn to the wider world some input. I am a 27 year old, healthy (enough) male who has been getting intermitment, iregular and infrequent chest pains on and off for around 10 years.  During an 'attack' the pain...

Last reply
  • Chest Pain? Anxiety?

Hi all,  I'm a 21 year old female and I'm as healthy as a stressed out university student can be. I did struggle with Anorexia in the past but sometimes I am guilty of under-eating when my stress and anxiety gets out of control. I am underweight by about 10 pounds (due to stress of school...

Last reply
  • Troubling chest pain for one month, doctors are stumped

Hoping I can find some good advice. I'm a 32 year old male, in good shape with no prior health issues. I've been suffering from head pressure, random episodes of high blood pressure and highly increased pulse, and chest pain. It's been negatively impacting my life, and the doctors seemed...

Last reply
  • Heavy tight chest pain came out of nowhere

Over the past month I've been having a sharp sudden pain in the left side of my chest at the top out of nowhere....But these past two days my chest feels tight and I became light headed today but it warned off... I've never had heart problems before...but I did suffer with Asthma a long time...

Posted
  • Chest pains that come and go

Hi i am 18 year old male and i am having constant chest pain and excessive belching for a few months.The chest pain comes and go and sometime is dull and sometime very sharp.I have been to cardiologist and after doing my ecg(ekg) and 2d echo and a throid test he said i was fine.He said that in your age...

Last reply
  • Long lasting chest pains on the left, is it perhaps anxiety?

Hi All, I'm very happy to have found this site. Some of the responses I've seen have been truely uplifting. . I've seen a few forums that talk about stuff that seem similar to what I am going through, but I figured I'd ask for my specific stuff to see if anyone else is perhaps going...

Posted
  • Chest pain but tests are normal?

So a bit of background, i am a 22 year old healthy female. My bmi puts me in at obese due to a hormone balance which makes it hard for me to maintain a healthy weight. My mothers side has a family history of lupus, grandad died in his late 30's from a heart attack. And my uncle had a stroke at 20....

Last reply
  • Chest Tightness

Hey there I am writing in because for the past three years I have had chest pains that are brought about through a few specific things. When I exercise particularly jump ropes or doing pushup's I get a tight feeling on the left side of my chest or the center, this also happens everyday when I wake...

Last reply
  • Chest Pain

Hello, recently i have been experiencing pain that occurs at any give time in my left chest. When it starts the pain is kinda mild but it grows stronger each second until it's hard for me take it , but when i touch the place were it hurts even with the tip of my finger the pain instantly goes away...

Posted
  • Chest, Back & Right Shoulder Pain

Hi folks. There's a long(er) version of this story but I don't want to bore you all. 8 weeks I've had an intense stabbing pain that starts in the upper back, spreads to the right shoulder and shoots through to the sternum. Painkillers don't do anything for the pain, neither does...

Last reply
  • Pain in chest...

Hello. I've been having right chest pain as if my right breast bone hurts. It hurts everytime i take a very deep breath. I have also been experiencing severe acid reflux which causes my chest to tighten and burn. Too add to this i've been having a cough for almost 3 months, it's not a hacking...

Posted
  • Chest pain after workout GYM please help

Hi. i have been working out for the past 3 years lifting heavy some times, i felt pain in the middle chest also when inhaling i feel pain, also i had right side chest pain put it was over but still i got the middle chest pain there is no doctor in my area who knows Epidemiology please help .  

Last reply
  • Head has been feeling weird for ages now?

Basically my head has been feeling really stange, like a tightness at the top amd my cheeks have been feeling kinda numb and tired (but they're not numb). My ears have been popping a lot like whn you're on a plane and they hadn't done this before it started. I get pains in my chest sometimes...

Last reply
  • Constant chest pain but good breathing

Hi i have mild chest pain but no breathing difficulty. Able to run or walk faster. ECG show normal sinus rhythm but non specific t wave abnormality. It feels like a muscle pain. Sometimes when i rub my chest it pains. But very mild pain. Sometimes light pressure. Able to take deep breaths. I have lot...

Posted
  • Shortness of breath

Hi I'm from India. Please help me before 4months ago one day I got a panic attack (fast heart palpitations) that's time I admitted in hospital for 2days doctor told me it's anxiety and hypertension and prescribed me cilpar 40 beta blockers but my problem was same as it is so I visit another...

Posted
  • Sternum Fracture From Dips

Hello! I know this isn't an illness but I would like some help with some questions I have. Earlier today I did a 170lbs (77.1kg) dip, I pushed up no problem and on the way down when I basically finished it something in the middle of my chest cracked like a pile of twigs (my sternum i suppose). It...

Posted
  • Chest pain

My husband has been having chest pains or the last 8 months Chest pain Jaw Arms Shoulders He has had ecg during attacks and it goes down to 34 When not attack it's fine X ray fine Blood tests normal Eco scan fine Now waiting on the dye that goes in and takes photos of heart to see if any...

Last reply
  • Costochondritis what a nightmare!

I started with a really bad cold 6 weeks ago, then the chest pain started, first in my breast bone, never felt pain like it in my life.  I thought I was having an heart attack, I even had a panic attack, which I have never had in my life!  So 5 weeks into Costo, some good days alot of bad days....

Last reply
  • Pain in chest. Health anxiety, depression, someone help?

Hi, I've been having a cough for almost 2 and a half months. It comes and goes but i have noticed a pattern where when i have very bad acid reflux, the cough comes full force. I had a some carbonara last night, and today morning i got up with a bad cough and throat that was sore. My chest hurt, and...

Posted
  • Odd feeling in chest.

Hi folks. Over the past many years I've had 7-8 episodes of this odd feeling.  I know most of all of you will shout "call 999" but I'm not convinced it's a heart problem.  By all means I'll listen to all your advice, but I'm really hoping to find someone who has...

Posted
  • advice needed

My daughter has been ill for 12 weeks now shes been to a&e twice and the doctors 4 times. Her symptoms started as benign vertico with her ears hurting her. Over the last 12 weeks her pain has gone from her ears to her throat making her feel theres something stuck in there with constant chest pain...

Posted
  • heart pain

I  have a pain which is start from my back to my left arm and I feel like I have pain on my heart to you can say it start from my back to left arm and come to my heart what you suggest me. This problem is with my mother and she is 62 years old.

Posted
  • Chronic chest pains - what is wrong with me?

I have been having these on again, off again chest pains for about 1 year now. When the chest pain gets really bad, it lasts for about 1 full month before dulling down but never goes away completely. I've had about 4 really bad episodes of chest pain this year. When the chest pain gets bad, it comes...

Last reply
  • 3 weeks and no change, im getting worse!!

Hi all, sorry to drone on but i would really love to have any feedback to help put my mind at rest. Ok so it started 3-4 weeks ago, i had really bad chest pains under my left breast, my doctor said it was a pulled muscle, the pain got much worse and moved to the centre of my chest so i went to a&e,...

Last reply
  • Unexplained chest arm back neck jaw pain

Well I have decided to seek help on this website because I don't seem to be making Much progress with my doctor and I'm not sure what else to do? So I'm gunna start from the beginning to give you a overall of what's been happening. It all started off about 10 months ago when I was working...

Last reply
  • Heart attack or just anxiety???

Hi all, i am 26 male fit, i was a regular smoker for 6 years +, i can say my life style was fairly active, i have been dealing with health anxiety( maybe called hypochondria ) heart related issues mostly, but lately( last month) i have been exercising a lot, i am having chest discomfort during sport...

Last reply
  • Chest pain and pricks

I'm 33 yrs old, male. Weight 83 kgs, Height 176 cms. Had surgery at age of 6 due to ensuing sarcoma, operated and removed right lung a lobe and ribs 2 to 4. chest hair looks dry and itching sometimes and soaring. last 3 years suffering from dull chest pain/ fluttering / pricks / ache or burning sensation...

Posted
  • Consistent chest, arm and throat discomfort

Hi all, For the past 10 months I've had chest discomfort that feels like a dull, fullness feeling, I'm also only 19 and a female if that makes any difference. It radiates to both arms with an uncomfortable feeling, sometimes my arms feel weaker and throat feels like its in knots. It seems...

Last reply
  • Stabbing Chest pain/odd arm pain-seen GP?

I went to the GP a month ago with shooting chest pains that the odd time made my left arm ache-im 19, he checked my pulse, BP, listened to my chest and all that stuff and said he couldn't think it was serious-it seemed to go away and now its back here and there-i do have bad anxiety and...

Posted
  • Back and chest pain with leg numbness

I'm 24 years old and I have smoked cigarettes for 6 years , I stopped smoking two months ago cold turkey and experienced this throbbing pain on my back and chest it has lasted weeks and not my legs are stiff and numb though I can move it's hard to control my legs

Posted
  • dull, persistant chest pain

I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what's going on with me. About a month ago I started to get a dull, aching chest pain-it's usually localized imbetween my breasts but sometimes shoots down under my left breast and around to my upper back, left shoulder blade. When this...

Last reply
  • Sharp stabbing chest pain

I've been having really bad sharp chest pain in the middle my chest which feels like I'm being stabbed. I had this for 1 month already and is still present. The pain usually last for a split second everytime I get it and sometimes not all the time my left side twitches. The pain 99% of the time...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.