Skip to content

Chest Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• yam29964 yam29964

What are these chest pains?

Hi everyone, I've been having these very strange chest pains and I'm scared it might be dangerous. So i've had these chest pains for around a year now (maybe more, but I don't remember) they don't happen a lot, maybe once a month or so. It's a needle-like pain around my upper...

• Chest pain

Had constant chest pain(slight pressure)  wouldn’t exactly call it pain more of a discomfort had this for a week now and occasionally get a sore head. Not sure what it could be? Seems to be relieved if I exercise but then comes back? Also had a wisdom tooth coming through which I think might be...

• Update

Seen a new osteopath yesterday and he found 2 ribs that aren't moving on my right side which would account for alot of the pain inbetween my shoulder blades and my neck etc. He tried to do an adjustment but it didn't work. As I'm pregnant he's extremely gentle but I just want this sorted....

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Chest pain lasting for 3 months

Ok so, I’m 17. I guess I should start by saying I have OCD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, and Hypochondria. This is important because of how it affects me when I have symptoms. I have been having chest pain that is usually a pressure/dull pain in the lower center of my chest. It can be sharp. It can...

Last reply
  • plugged feeling in upper chest with frequent throat clearing

Im 43 years old the symtoms ive had are a plugged feeling/fullness feeling in the chest sometimes it feels like something is stuck in the chest and feels as though I have labored breathing even though my test came back normal.#2 sometimes it feels like my throat or esophagus is tightening and I also...

Last reply
  • Constant Chest Pain for a Year

Over the last year, I’ve had constant chest pain to various severities. The pain occurs all across my chest almost  up to my shoulders and with deep breaths I can feel the pain get worse.  Also if I turn certain ways the pain gets worse and at night I usually get some palpitations trying to...

Last reply
  • What are these chest pains?

Hi everyone, I've been having these very strange chest pains and I'm scared it might be dangerous. So i've had these chest pains for around a year now (maybe more, but I don't remember) they don't happen a lot, maybe once a month or so. It's a needle-like pain around my upper...

Posted
  • Costochondritis what a nightmare!

I started with a really bad cold 6 weeks ago, then the chest pain started, first in my breast bone, never felt pain like it in my life.  I thought I was having an heart attack, I even had a panic attack, which I have never had in my life!  So 5 weeks into Costo, some good days alot of bad days....

Last reply
  • Chest pain

Had constant chest pain(slight pressure)  wouldn’t exactly call it pain more of a discomfort had this for a week now and occasionally get a sore head. Not sure what it could be? Seems to be relieved if I exercise but then comes back? Also had a wisdom tooth coming through which I think might be...

Posted
  • 6 months of pain and counting

The pain will not go away, I literally have tried everything. Ostepaths, physio, ice and heat and lots of rest. I have a toddler and one on the way. The pain started in my ribs on the right side and now radiates into my back between shoulder blades and my neck. So uncomfortable as I'm sure you are...

Last reply
  • Update

Seen a new osteopath yesterday and he found 2 ribs that aren't moving on my right side which would account for alot of the pain inbetween my shoulder blades and my neck etc. He tried to do an adjustment but it didn't work. As I'm pregnant he's extremely gentle but I just want this sorted....

Posted
  • Long term chestpain/ left shoulder blade pain

For the past year ive had pain in my chest on left side... it happens randomly , sometimes stabbing pain sometimes burning but there's always a dull ache thats there... someday s shooting pain in my left arm as well... and recently pain in left shoulder blade ... seems like my whole upper torso ...

Last reply
  • 24 yo female with intermittent chest pain

I have been struggling with left side pain for some time now. I would describe my pain as "episodes" because they seem to happen intermittently, but also seem to be getting worse over time. There are times when I feel tight soreness in my left breast area, along with occasional shooting pains...

Last reply
  • Long term, unexplained chest pain

Hi all After struggling with docs for years over this I thought I would turn to the wider world some input. I am a 27 year old, healthy (enough) male who has been getting intermitment, iregular and infrequent chest pains on and off for around 10 years.  During an 'attack' the pain...

Last reply
  • 17 years old, chest pain

Ive been getting frequent chest pains over the past two weeks that happen like every hour or two hours and last for seconds or less than that. The pain sometimes happens around the nipple area and upper ribs and sometimes it is a sharp shooting pain and other times tightness. These pains have also happened...

Posted
  • Emergency Room 2x in the last week...I'm over it!!!

I posted a few days back about how I bad I was feeling and the s****y time I was having, which I went to the Emergency Room for once again. I don't have insurance or a primary care doctor so the E.R is my only option right now but anyway...I HATE going!!! Unfortunately I have been in my local E.R....

Last reply
  • Chest pain after running accident, could it be serious?

So basically four days ago, I -went for a short, brisk run -everything was fine while I was running -but after like a minute of rest i: -felt a tightness in my chest -hearing faded out -vision faded away -legs so weak i can barely walk (fell in the ditch, on the road) -an intense pain all...

Last reply
  • Chest tightness after being constipated, bloated and scared

I've been noticing these symptoms of chest tightness after becoming constipated a couple weeks ago, and it happens whenever I go to work (Work stresses me out to no end.)  It's a very dull tightness around my chest, especially in the center though no shortness of breath (I've only noticed...

Last reply
  • I am a 33 year old female

I have had chest pains for at least 5 years that went away over the past 3 months i been getting more chest pains and it radiatea but my ekgs,blood work ,cts xrays and all has came back not carsiac i have recently had a carsiac stress test awaiting the results and have no clue what ot could be . i have...

Last reply
  • Sudden extreme chest & back pain at same time. Please Help.

I get these attacks of pain in my back somewhere between T-12 & T-4, and pain in the chest at the same time. Sometimes pain on the side as well. The pain is extreme (8-9). They come on quick and randomly. I could be sitting, standing, walking. I could have one today, tommorow, next week. Or not another...

Last reply
  • LONG TERM CHEST PAIN

I’m a 19 year old female. From as long as I can remember I’ve suffered with chest pain. My mother’s tells me I first spoke of it in year 5/6 so I would have been about 10 and 11. Then I remember having it all through senior school, college and still to this present day. The pain can vary from mild to...

Last reply
  • WORRIED ABOUT MY MOM

Yesterday my mother felt a heavy chest discomfort right under her heart. She had this before but it was never this bad. She was also burping a bit. The discomfort got so bad and heavy that she had to wrap the area up to tighten it. I called 911 and they arrived and checked her BP and how much oxygen...

Last reply
  • Treatment ideas for severe intercostal neuralgia?

It’s been a month and a half now. I have a pain in my left chest right below breast. It’s a spot that it’s sore when prest. When I inhale it hurts a lot and also along the rib. It hurts like hell when I sneeze or cough. It started and got worse with a cough. I don’t cough anymore. I was in hospital,...

Last reply
  • Decade long, unexplained chest pain

The problem started a long back, It started as a very sharp pain in lower part of the left breast/chest. This type of pain used to occur once or twice a year; the stong pain used to there but the goes away after 2/3 minutes. I had been to a cardiologist back in 2009/2010 and the doctor said there was...

Last reply
  • Heart pain or just pain? How to tell the difference

So recently there have been a lot of cases in my practice where the patient has presented with chest pain, of course the right thing to do is visit a doctor for any pain in your chest. But just to narrow it down for those wondering. When you feel cardiac related pain, you will feel a deep pressure in...

Last reply
  • Chest discomfort for 2 years

Hi Everyone, my name is casey. I'm a healthy male age 33, quit smoking 2 years ago. Average drinker but also quit as well. It's been then, i started doing exercise, such as jogging, stretching and deep breathing. It all started like this, since i quit cigarette on April 3rd 2016, my life began...

Last reply
  • Left side chest and back problems.

This is hard to describe, but i'll do it the best i can. Im 22 year old male and a smoker. I wouldnt say the chest problems are exactly a pain but more discomfort. It feels like i need to stretch it out but cant. The left side of my chest feels cold inside alot and sometimes there are tender parts...

Posted
  • I have sharp pain in my left chest

I have sharp pain in my left chest but it comes and go itself.. i have it after i woke up and get some meal. My left chest started paining.. it pains about 2 or 3 seconds and disappear itself.. after 20 or 30 minutes it come again and disappear ... like this my whole day was upset... can some give me...

Posted
  • Pain in chest left side area. PLEASE HELP.

Few weeks back I went through anxiety, which thank God is alot better now. Since my anxiety started my heart palpitations started they scared me alot. My doctor told me it's due to anxiety. Now my anxiety is not bad. I eat, sleep normally now but my heart palpitations are still there and now I can...

Last reply
  • Off and on chest and left side pain - EKG normal

Hello, I've been having dull chest pains for the past two days. They seem to start in the afternoon or night, and it seems like they are accompanied by pains in my left arm occasionally. I do get dull aches in some other places (right side chest, right side foot), but the left arm/wrist seems to...

Posted
  • Chest pain for 5 months

Hello, I have been experiencing aching chest pain for over 5 months. I have had several ECG’s and Echo, chest X-ray, heart and abdominal ultrasound , barrium swallow, and every blood test they can perform.  All of these were clear. My doctor thinks it’s axiety, I disagree! I’ve humoured him by...

Last reply
  • Chest discomfort

I am a 48-year-old man very active and considered myself to be in good shape no family history and yet the only thing I changed is I started taking vitamin B 12 for about two weeks and now I’m getting anxiety along with some chest discomfort on the left and right side

Last reply
  • 17 year old, Chest pain

hello I’m a 17 year old male I weigh 70kg go to the gym often and in all round good shape. About 4 months ago I started noticing a slight chest pain every now and then and ever since then it has been slowly getting worse. Since then I’ve been to the doctor multiple time and emergency multiple times thinking...

Last reply
  • Unexplained feeling within the upper stomach and lower chest

Hello everyone,    I wanted to start this discussion off by sharing with you a little about myself. I am a 23 year old male who trys everyday to take the best care of himself. I take a fish oil and a multivitamin once a day everyday. I workout 5-6 days a week and take it very seriously....

Last reply
  • Chest pains and tingling

Hi, I'm a 43 year old man, non smoker and non drinker. I've had sharp chest pains in the centre that moves to the left and under arm for last 7 days. Also moving to the right side, tingling in both right and left fingers. Had heart tests 3 years ago all clear and a ct angiogram again all good....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.