Chest pain following Pfizer vaccine

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi i am a male 22 yrs old and received my 2nd dose of the pfizer vaccine a bit over a week ago and the day after experienced some mild chest pain on the left side. They warned me about the rare issue of heart inflammation following the pfizer/moderna shots so straight away i thought it was that. I ended up waiting a week and then going to walk in clinic because the mild pain persisted. They checked my heart rate and oxygen levels and said nothing was wrong. The next day i checked in to urgent care because the pain was worse. Doctor ran ECG, blood test and x-rays and told me that everything was fine and there was no heart inflammation. Its been two days now and the pain is still here and now my chest feels tight. Starting to really freak out about it as no doctors think anything is wrong but i can tell something is.

4 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Edited

hey i saw your post on another chest pain forum and the same thing is happening to me. i felt like i was going crazy and that i was imagining my pain but hearing how your symptoms are like mine after the vaccine is a bit more reassuring than thinking i was going crazy. pls get back to me as soon as possible so we can talk abt this more!

• Posted

I had horrible chest pain 14 days after the first dose. I am not sure if it was related but i could not breath in without pain for about 12 hours. It was so scary. It has gone away but now pain is under my left rib cage in abdomen area and has gone on for about 4 weeks. Still not sure if its related have seen two doctors but no scans. Hope you both feel better!

• Posted

hi! that sounds so scary. you said your reaction happened after your first dose? ppl usually say reactions happen after the second but that is odd. what did you do to cope w the pain? any meds?

• Posted

Yes it happened out of the blue. At the time I thought it was something i ate and then later decided it had to be related to the vaccine. I took Nexium and Ibuprofen and it calmed it down.

• Edited

okay that sounds good. i haven't tried using ibuprofen. i take nexium and prilosec for my acid reflux but not for this. idk what to take for chest tightness and sharp, stabbing pains. even my left arm is starting to numb up on me. thank you for replying. it gave me some peace of mind. if it isn't too much ask is there a way we could communicate more frequently? like email? im okay with staying anonymous, it would just be comforting to have someone that can relate me closer. i understand if you dont want to.

• Posted

Ibuprofen seems to really help. I think it has to run its course possibly? Mine is not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning maybe out body is fighting off the virus? Have you talked to your GP yet? Feel free to message me anytime! How do we dm on here?

• Posted

im gonna try some acid reflux and pain meds tonight and see how it goes. yeah a few weeks ago i was in bad shape. even worse than now and i thought it was my heart but now my heart feels fine and its just my chest, arm, and neck area. it's weird but i am hoping that it will all just go away on its own. i have seen sm theories and thoughts on what our body is doing w the vaccine. they claim theres no virus in the vaccine so our body isnt fighting a virus. so they say idk. at this point idk what to think. i have an appt w my GP in a day so i will talk to her abt my recent symptoms. im nervous for the visit bc im scared shes gonna brush me off. i dont think we can dm on here. im new to this forum place.

• Edited

best of luck with the dr. maybe write down your questions and symptoms before you go! i am 44 , not sure of your age but some of those symptoms could be hormone related. good luck and stay in touch.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. The Private Message service will be reinstated soon so you can use this when it is back.

• Edited

did you get sorted im having the same a week now heading to cardiologist was super fit gym 5 days a week no health problems till now im so stressed worrying x

• Posted

i have the same pains with yours please also assist if you get a remedy eish it has been too much hectic

• Posted

I'm having the same issues, left arm numbness. chest pains. All started a week or so after the shot. Ive been to the doctor a couple times ecg ultra sound they cant seem to find anythjng. The symptoms seem to go and come.

• Posted

i just did a reply and the monitor deleted it!!!! Strange!!!!!!! so we cant share information!!!

• Edited

Hey there!

Any luck with any new information?

Mine started 10 minutes after vaccination, But I chalked it up to anxiety, but it hasn't ever fully gone away. That was almost four months ago. It did improve, but I ended up getting Covid 2 months later and it made it a Hundred times worse. (After 1st.and only dose of Pfizer). I think my worry about it didn't create it, But didn't help. Nothing has yet to show up on any tests, Although my resting heart rate seems Faster by about 15 bpm. I find if I overdo it I feel it more the next day. I have been tested for myocarditis and pericarditis, troponin levels seem normal even a D-dimer test. I'm 36 and (was) in Great Health. If I wasn't extremely tired before the shot. Stress and Fatigue do not help. Please share any answers you or anyone may have. Hang in there! Thank you!

• Edited

HEY:)

I had my first Jab 2 days ago, the headaches have not stopped but the arm pain has been manageable until this morning...

When i woke up, my arm was slightly numb & the whole left side of my chest felt as though i was beaten to a pulp. Breathing felt tight so i used 8 squirts of asthma pump in a matter of 10 min. thereafter the tightness subsided so i decided to go back to sleep. Now im having intervals of chest pains.

Currently i am unemployed and DR visits is not possible! Any advice would be FAntastiC 🙏😊

• Posted

Hello to everyone. Has anyone new information on this? I have the same symptoms since November and blood test and ECG are normal. They disappear after one or two weeks of I don't do any exercise. But as soon as I take a mild jog for 10 minutes or less the pain, tightness and shortness of breath keep coming back. My doctor suggested psychological issues but I've been to a neurologist since then and there were no issues. no stress. no depression. I don't know what to do anymore and it keeps getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.