Chest pain following Pfizer vaccine

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi i am a male 22 yrs old and received my 2nd dose of the pfizer vaccine a bit over a week ago and the day after experienced some mild chest pain on the left side. They warned me about the rare issue of heart inflammation following the pfizer/moderna shots so straight away i thought it was that. I ended up waiting a week and then going to walk in clinic because the mild pain persisted. They checked my heart rate and oxygen levels and said nothing was wrong. The next day i checked in to urgent care because the pain was worse. Doctor ran ECG, blood test and x-rays and told me that everything was fine and there was no heart inflammation. Its been two days now and the pain is still here and now my chest feels tight. Starting to really freak out about it as no doctors think anything is wrong but i can tell something is.

4 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just wanted to add some experience of what has happened to me so far with this vaccine.

When i first got it within hours i had severe chest pain as described by yourself, i was sweating with rapid heart rate and almost like someone was sitting on my chest. i went to a and e in which they said all tests are clear however this is likely pericarditis given the symptoms.

This is something i found important to note, if you go to the a and e department, tests may not show pericarditis even if you have it. taking ibuprofen for 2 weeks helped however symptoms persisted for a few a month in which they then went.

However this pain and rapid heart rate flared up again in a few months, again taking ibuprofen helped ease the symptoms but the digestive distress this drug puts you in at high doses is rough so i had to stop. i followed up with my cardiologist 'went private' and had an MRI. by the time i had this the symptoms had stopped. the MRI showed everything was okay and dismissed as anxiety.

Fast forward to 5 weeks ago, started flaring up again with a vengeance, heart rate up which gets a lot worse with movement and eating. been to a and e multiple times with ecg and bloods to come back with nothing, which is not reassuring in the slightest to be honest. the past few days have been incredibly hard, very rapid heart rate, irregular heart patterns, chest pain has been unbearable. i had a bad reaction to ibuprofen with my last dose meaning im now quite stuck. I've got a call with a new cardiologist tomorrow who can hopefully push another MRI forward quickly.

All in all i think your symptoms are very real, and whilst very stressful never give up until you get an answer or treatment that helps the symptoms. we know when something isnt right with our body and its very annoying when doctors keep palming you off as anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.