Ongoing Chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm hoping someone here who's experienced similar symptoms could help me.

For the last 5 months, I have had these episodes of really sharp chest pains on the left side of my chest; pain rises up to my collar bone/back and down my left arm. I get tingling sensation on my left hand, cold to the touch. Also get nauseous and light headed, my rate spikes up. I've been to the hospital many times for possible heart attack; have done many tests and everything is always normal. I have seen two cardiologists who have told me the odds of there being something wrong with my heart are very slim.

Some of the testes I have done are; blood work, Ecg, Ekg, stress test, Holter monitors, ultrasounds, chest xrays and CT scan with contrast. Everything's is always normal and no signs of any cardiovascular diseases.

I'm at my with end because I'm constantly living in fear, worried about my heart.

Doctors have suggested that it could be any of the following; costochondritis, gallbladder, gall stones, Ulcer, Gerd and Heartburn.

I don't know what to think anymore; I keep telling myself it's not my heart because that is what every doctor has told me but because of the symptoms I feel I'm having a hard time believing them.

Are there any other tests I could do to rule out the heart once and for all, or have I done everything and should accept the diagnosis?

Thank you in advance.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Elsa,

I unfortunently don't have much advice, but I did just want to say it sounds like your are experiencing a more extreme version of exactly what i went through. It lasted for a lonnggggg time, probably close to a bit over half a year, maybe closer to 3/4ths of a year (it was back in 2016).

Mine didn't spread as much as yours seems to have but many of the other details are similar. I was in the ER multiple times (once even 3 times in the same week). All the same tests, all the same results.

For me it ended up being stress, as much as I refused to believe it at the time. This may be the case for you as well, obviously I don't know, but I just want to mention that before you say "its not stress", take a moment to think about it a bit longer as at the time I would have said the same thing. It can be hard to tell when your body is under stress, especially when its not just one big thing causing it but rather many things causing abuild up of background stress.

It went away for me after I dealt with the stress (actually immediately after I graduated from my masters, probably not a coincidence). I still get it from time to time (actually thats why I came back to here, my current chest pain episode reminded me of the site haha) but I can always predict it based off my stress level.

Unfortunently like i said though, everything I said is much easier said than done. Chest pain is always good to keep on top of, so its always healthy to be a little bit cautious.

There is ONE thing I can recommend to you though - stay away from the internet, self diagnosis, and even this site. Its good to see others shared experiences but self-diagnosis is a rabbit hole to hell. Trust me on that.

All the best,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.