CostoChondritis - fever?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone experiencing a low fever with costo? My doctor said, that it normally shouldn't give you fever, but she didn't exclude it totally. My CRP is 5, which means pretty ok. But I get this fever, it disappears while on Diklofenak, but I don't like Diklofenak, so...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Tietze  or costo . yes absolutely. I had fever for a couple of months. It's a viral thing whereas costo is more injur based. Also I was very tired, a black curtain would just come down over my eyes and a I would sleep for hours. Print some stuff of Internet for your doctor . It says about fever for costochondritis also. 
    • Posted

Thx, nice to hear that I'm not alone. Have not been able to find info about costo and fever. That's why I started his discussion. Hoping that more ppl join this discussion and share their  stories. Yes ss, the tiredness and the feeling of being unwell is awful.
    • Posted

Hi, getting pretty worried now. Cannot find any info about costo and fever. Nobody else has answered on this. Maybe my fever is something else. I feel even dizzy and in the background the costo feeling/ache in my rib cage, arms, shoulder blades. Is there any possibility you could give me some more closer info about the costo fever. I know you cannot directly refer to other sites, but any further info would be very much appreciated. Thx in advance.
    • Posted

the paperwork my dr printed for me doesnt have a link but says:

SYMPTOMS: Most common is chest pain which may be - exacerbated by trunk movement, deep inspiration or exertion. Lessens with decreased movement, quiet breathing or change of position, sharp nagging, aching or pressure like. Usually localized bu may extend or radiate extensively. May be Severe. May wax or wane. High Fever. Difficulty breathing. Signs of infection, increased swelling at rib joints. Nausea. Sweating.

• Posted

I am no longer with that doctor practice. try yahoo search engine and type in costochondritis fever..some stuff comes up. Good luck. P.S. I wouldnt expect this to go away that quickly. Sorry smile Keep taking your prescribed tablets. 
    • Posted

Thank you sooooooooooo much. What a relief To know, I have all that, fever, nausea, sweating, pain. And unfortunately it's cold. In ten days I will be in a warm climate provided I can stand out with the flights...
    • Posted

Thank you sooooooooooo much. What a relief To know, I have all that, fever, nausea, sweating, pain. And unfortunately it's cold. In ten days I will be in a warm climate provided I can stand out with the flights...
  • Posted

il. Dig out my paperwork in the morning and let you know the link. 

• Posted

I realize this is an old posting but I stumbled upon it and figured if it helped me than my response can help someone else. I have Costochondritis and when I get a flare (most recently after moderate exercise) it is accompanied by a low grade fever (99.3). Its a bit scary because I always think I am having a more serious heart condition even though I have had the Costo for 5 years or so. I have HLA B27 which a gene linked to arthritic conditions and I assume the chest wall pain is a symptom of the ongoing issue. I used to be able to exercise quite intensively but now I realize I have to minimize too many movements that impact the chest area.

I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.