I have chest pains...and Dr's say there is nothing wrong

Posted , 57 users are following.

I am a 30 year old woman who has always been healthy. Recently the past 2 months I have had a chest pain and been to the hospital multiple times thinking it's related to my heart. They have done ekg, and echo ultra sound of the heart, xrays, ct scan, and of course blood work. Everything comes back normal. They say it's anxiety but after being on anxiety medicine and having constant panic attacks I'm thinking that they are wrong. I get a pain on the middle or left side(below breast) of upper abdomen and sometimes it's right in the middle of my chest upper chest..other times it's on my left side near my shoulder, it on my left forearm, elbow, or wrist, and sometimes back..they are quick pains that feel like a stab or shock that last a second or two but I'll get them on and off. Sometimes I can go a day with out it and just feel pressure or discomfort and other times they happen a few times a day. I wake up feeling nervous and shaky and I don't know if it's the anxiety or the medication causing it. I feel like I'm going crazy. My dr doesn't seem to concern and have an appointment with a new one. I also have an appointment with a cardiologist just in case but if they say it's fine what else could it be? I've read it could be shingles. But I don't get any rashes. Or it could be a nerve. I just know that I had never had anxiety like this before. Anybody have any thing that it could be? Please help with any ideas.

7 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can dismiss it as heart related, if you have had ECG, Echo's, CT and x-rays and nothing shows up you are in the clear there.

How do I know, husband has heart failure and echo's are a part and parcel of his life, from the results they can see if there is anything getting better or worse with his heart muscle.

He was very ill 6 years ago, and has improved consibably by staying as fit as he can, swimming, cycling, and walking, but not too much, just enough to get a little breathless daily.

What else could be going on, gastric acid production that is burning your stomach, anxiety would only make this worse.

Anxiety is a real nasty condition, husband had it after he was diagnosed with heart failure, Dr's telling him there was little they could do for him, at least they were honest, he had to do for himself.

We both husband and myself went to psycholist to try and understand why he had such strong anxiety, we learnt about flight and fight, why it happens and what we could do to prevent the fears and anxiety, over months of talking and understanding the why's and wherefores we came to a happy medium that we could learn to live with.

Best wishes to you  -  lyn

• Posted

Hi,

I’m not having all the same symptoms you’ll are having. However, this was the only place I found that many of you all has seen the doctor. I'm having chest pains after walking. This has been going for many years. I have been to two cardiologists and to the emergency room. Ive done 2 stress tests, holter monitor test, ekg, echocardiogram, blood tests, ct scan (or mri im not sure). Also I went to the hospital to do a heart scan - 64-slice CT scan that provides enhanced 3-D views of the inner workings of your heart. However, my pulse rate had to be 60 and mine pulse rate was 90. So, I couldn’t have that done. The only thing they said was wrong was skeletal muscular. In other words, the cardiologist said it could be a pulled muscle. The cardiologist didn’t go into detail about what skeletal muscular was.

Anyway I feel like I’m dying and the doctors just don’t know what the hell they are doing. Sorry if I come like I’m giving up but I feel like giving up.

• Edited

Hi there,

I just read your story and I wonder if there are any improvements of your health? I am facing with the same symptoms and no doctors seems to take me too serious. I am just curious if you had an diagnostic or you're good now ?

All the best !

• Edited

I think we're on the same boat. Im currently experiencing similar things ☹ do you wanna talk about it?

• Posted

I had chest pains mainly at night in 2013. Told a nurse she was not interested and said my test results were good.

In 2014 I caught flu which turned into bronchitis which would not go away.I told a doctor in 2015 he said I had indigestion, I knew it wasn't.

All of 2015 and 2016 I was getting very little sleep because I could no breathe properly. In 2016 the doctor said I was in good health for someone my age (69).

In August 2016 I had a massive Asthma attack in the middle of the night. Today I still do not know how I survived it was horrific. I went to the doctor again but they still did nothing. I bought a blue inhaler online It is a lifesaver I am now prescribed Fostair and Spiriva.

Asthma can cause chest/heart pain. To diagnose it you need a breathing test at your doctors.

This may not be your problem but its worth checking.

Good luck

• Edited

I am 19 years old and going through the same thing as you. As I’m writing this I have pain on the left side of my chest. I went to the hospital and got the ekg X-ray, ct scan and the IV. They also told me nothing is wrong. I hear it’s anxiety chest pain but I’m not so sure.
    • Edited

i am 19 at the momemt ive gone to the doctors they also say it is anxiety but my life was perfect and amazing until i started getting pains and discomfort feeling. Also i get what if youd call attacks where i leave reality and end up confused and feels like even my vision changes on me. Did you ever find out what your problem was?

• Edited

me to bro. im 23, always have been perfectly active and healthy. the chest discomfort just came out of no where. ive had every test done and no answers, they say im fine. it messes with me mentally i am scared something may happen but hopefully not.

• Edited

im 20 years old and the same thing has happened to me. i have chronic tachycardia (genetic), so i always worry that my heart is in danger from beating so fast all the time. i went to the hospital a couple days ago & got soooo many tests done like the xray, ekg, lotssss of blood work. they said everything was good & working perfectly, & that i just have tachycardia which i already knew. ive been having chest, neck, & left arm pains and a little difficulty breathing but they said i was okay?? lol i do have an anxiety disorder so it might be that???

• Edited

I'm 18 and I have the same symptoms but I recently fixed the problem all by myself after doing some research. You should ask your doctor about your chest muscles since all of your heart tests are neg. I had pain in my left arm and left side of my chests and doctors were worried I was having a heart attack but all my tests showed my heart was perfect. After doing some research on chest muscles I found that the pectoralis minor muscle is in the same exact area where I was feeling pain in my chest and it connect to part of your left arm to which can cause arm pain. If you pull the muscles of the pectoralis minor you can have similar symptoms to a heart attack but it is non life threatening. I did some stretches on this muscle alone and something popped (not like teared but popped back in place or into a socket) and my pain in my arm and heart area faded away. Your trouble breathing could also be from anxiety about you arm and chest pain as I also had trouble breathing from the anxiety the pain caused. I'm still dealing with the anxiety but the meditating, going on a walk, or just hanging out with a friend and talking to them will definitely help. I can't explain your neck pain but I hope this helps. Sometimes doctors aren't able to understand what we go through sadly 😦 I wish you the best.

• Edited

the world is changing and were getting older maybe just life hit but im doing ok now i was literally feeling like im gonna die or something was going to happen always paranoid and scared im slowly learning by myself to accept life for what it is and to try and enjoy it. 2 months later hope your doing well bro.

• Posted

I am sitting in the ER as we speak with the exact same issue. The only difference, my entire left arm has a weird tingling sensation moving from my wrist to my shoulder. Ive gotten test tan a week and half ago, and nothing. I'm "perfectly" healthy. Except this time the arm numbness is accompanying the pain.

• Posted

If you get anxiety, the confusion, etc. could very well be Dissociative disorder.

• Posted

Hello, do you still have complaints? I have the exact same complaints as you. I am 19 years old now. Chest pain is a pain that sometimes hits the left arm and fingers, sometimes even to the back and jaw. I have not been diagnosed with genetic tachycardia, but my heart rate is usually between 90-100. It goes over 100 after meals. I wonder if you have a sedentary life like me. Doctors tell me I'm fine too, what's wrong with us bro?

• Posted

im 15 years of age and experiencing the same, i got all bloods done ecg n what not, im still confused to why as im feeling this way. have you happened to sort this problem out like how long did it stick around for, did you happen to lay on your right side?

• Posted

sorry i saw your message late, yes my symptoms still continue, it comes and goes from time to time, what are your complaints?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.