21 Year Old Suffering With Anxiety!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all, new to this my doctor has told me to use this to help me!

it all started a few weeks back having a panic attack in work, just sat there at my belly went warm and moved up my body and it panicked me! know everyday i wake up feeling crappy! i am worried of everything, i think im getting chest pains when im actaully not, only when i take a deep breath, i fnid myself pulling funny faces to make sure im not having a stroke, and im scared to play football and go out even to have sex because im scared of having a heart attack, i just feel so down, i thini about my life before these anxiety attacks and it makes me cry because i want to go back to being the happy ME! any suggestions and help will be great smile im not taking any medication for it either!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi jeffrey , sorry to hear you are Not feeling well , and have ing a lot of anxiety ,

What job do you do ? , when can you trace the attacks back to , ? Have you seen or read something or has someone said something to you that has suddenly made you feel

Ike you are having a panic attack , in order to try and sort this put you neeed to see if anything has triggered these feelings ! Sometimes we put things to the back of our minds and subconsiously they can resurface with anxierty type problems

Have you got any worries or problems that some one could help you with , ? , are you being bullied ? , there are lots of help groups you can get help from if you want to to someone , try the Samaritans , you can ring them

P you further , , has your doctor run blood tests , and done you a general mot , for your health ? , whats your diet like ?

Awaiting your reply

Helen

• Posted

hi jeff, do you drink a lot of caffiene,coffee,tea,cola,could be just that
  • Posted

Im 21 too and suffer very bad from anxiety attacks your not alone smile ive had trips to the a&e twice cause i was convinced i was having a heart attack or something wrong with me physically bit ive had ecgs and x rays and theres nothing wrong its just anxiety. It is a scary thing to deal with. Everyday i wake up in fear and i cry alot cause i just wanna go back to the old me. Not this. But dont let it beat you. And thw vwst thing is dont go on medication cause i regret it. Ive gotten worse. I think only yourself can beat the anxiety. I twll this myaelf everyday sad i always think im gonna die. At night i cant sleep cause im constantly worrying is something gonna happen to me? But its not! When people see me they cant believe i suffer with anxiwty. Surpisingly a lottt of people do. But we cann beat it cause its all in our heads. Were 21 right so us to have an heart attack is like nill chance. Dont worry. We only have one life so lets live it and dont let this ruin our livws
  • Posted

Hi

Ive been dealing with anxiety and depression for many years now, and it all started when I was 20. Dont really know what started it, always been a bit of a worryier but nothing like that. Started with anxiety on and off then depression. I tryed to deal with it without going on medication for quite a few months. But in the end had to on medication. I did help me a lot but everytime I try to come of it, I seem to get ill again.

I think if you can get better without pills it would be great, I read somewhere that omega 3 helps and also which sounds weird is gardening, aparrenty scientists have found a bacteria in soil that when handled can increase the brains serotonin. You need serotonin to help the brain function properly.

When you have a panic try and calm down telling yourself that panicing wont change anything, it wont make things any better, easyier said than done I know.

If you do decide to go on medication, the first 2 weeks you take them you will probally feel a little worse than before, but after that they should slowly make you feel better.

• Posted

How you start getting all these thoughts. Is their some thing bad happened to you in the past, that suddenly come infront of you by mean of person, situation or condition.
  • Posted

Hi guys, have a look on wikipedia about Choline and Inositol might just help but make sure it does'nt interfear with any tabs or meds you are taking smile good luck
  • Posted

Hi also have a look at Arterial Fibrilation i believe same sort of problems but dont worry thousands have same problem smile
  • Posted

Hi jeffery36 ...

I had panic attacks once at a stressful point in my life. Beta blockers were the answer, I had an ECG first to check there was nothing wrong with my heart ... that in itself is very easy, not stressful and sets your mind at rest.

Then Beta Blockers can just tackle the short-term issue. Now, and long-term I would really advocate a look at your lifestyle ... eat properly, sleep properly, drink properly (not too much alcohol sugar or caffeine), get exercise (start just walking and build up to a routine: get fresh air and burn stress! ... gardening counts). If you try and manage the stress out of your work and don't get far enough, get an exit plan!!!

Hope that helps!?

Cheers, R.

• Posted

Hello Jeffrey,

These kind of things can happen when you are in a harsh period, even if you are not conscious of it. The point is to try to find why... Have you tried the online life coaching ? It helped me a lot when I had my exams period. Even if everything was alright in my life and I had never failed in my studies, I had this kind of total irrational fear I couldn't avoid. I think I found a coach on your24hcoach. Have you talked about it to your family and friends ? It is important to be supported.

Well, I am sure you will get better soon! Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.