21 year olds and still wetting the bed, not sure what to do anymore

Posted , 2 users are following.

(posted something like this in another section, but figured I get more responses here)

I'm 21 and female, and I've been wetting the bed since I was a kid and still haven't grown out of it. There's rarely a day I go without it, I might go without it 2 days out of a month but yeah it happens basically every night. The longest I recall ever gone without it was like 5 months, well not 5 months straight but I was in a college dorm and I didn't wet myself except for a few random nights and the only reason why I probably stopped is because I was stressed all the time and I didn't sleep all that much. I did wet the bed when I came home on the weekends.

Some of my history-I saw a doctor and she gave me a log to fill out of my drinks and she told me not to drink after 3 p.m. Followed her advice, still wet the bed. Don't know where that liquid's coming from if I'm not drinking after 3(well I am now, but yeah wasn't at that time). What was funny too, is that around that time I cheated and went out for a milkshake with my family and it was like 8 p.m and I didn't wet the bed. I saw a urologist, and first I took oxybutinin for about a month which didn't help at all and now I've been taking desmopressin for a couple months too and that's not helping either. The first couple nights I took it I didn't wet, but that was probably just a fluke. I'm at a loss of what to do. It's a lot of pee too, like I'm soaked to my socks. I have diaper rash now on the outside of my thighs, and that hurts. I haven't found a single thing that works. There's a few instances where I've been lucky to get up in the middle of the night, but yeah I'm already wet and sometimes I make it to the bathroom, sometimes I don't. Also, a lot of times I wake up in the morning and there's still pee in me and I wet myself even more. Anyone got any advice for me?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Practice holding your pee during the day. Over time your vagina will get better as to being more able to hold pee more often. I call it exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.