21 YEARS WITH FIBROMYALGIA -anything new out there for relief ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Fibro years ago. I spent the first year researching, hoping, looking for answers, then just gave up and learned to live with my new condition. No drugs were suggested back then. Have any long term sufferers discovered  new ways of dealing with all this pain ? 

Pain has never changed over all those years. I've tried to pace myself, but I always boom then bust, then recuperate. I have survived by doing stretches etc.

Has anyone any new ideas on relaxing the muscles etc ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I thought I recognized your name from the PMR patient forum. May be I was wrong. Anyway I have been diagnosed with both. Prednisone has helped my PMR but nothing has helped my fibromyalgia. I am 72 and was diagnosed with PMR in January, 2015 and Fibromyalgia in April, 2016. I am sure I have had fibromyalgia for longer than that. I have tried PT, chiropractors, graston technique, Bowen therapy, cupping, gabapentin, walking, arthritis water aerobics, etc. Nothing has really helped. It is a very hard disease to live with. Best wishes to you! Merry Christmas! 🎄Linda

• Posted

Yes it is me Linda - a PMR patient for 2+ years. The  Fibro has been flaring a little too often lately so I thought I would look for new ideas. I have tried a lot too, but nothing really helps for long. I'm 67-feeling like 97. Best wishes to you too. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Sandy

• Posted

Hi, Sandy, 

It is nice to find another person who has both PMR and Fibromyalgia, although I am sorry you have both. It is quite a challenge.  Are you still on prednisone? I have tried diet changes but not long enough I fear. Best wishes to you for a Merry Christmas! Linda

• Posted

Have You tried a diet change? I have not been diagnosed but my doc suspects fibro and arthritis. I'm waiting to meet a rheum. Bit the paleo diet has really helped me so far as well as taking a pro biotic, omega 369 with vitamin D and turmeric as well as magnesium oil

• Posted

I have tried diet changes, but not for long enough I suspect/know. When I was in my early thirties I listened to an 'elderly' health shop owner vent for about 30 mins on how silly, old folk were, because they could cure their arthritis by diet alone, but they had to stick to it for 3+ years. He had cured his own crippling arthritis that way. Being young and healthy at the time, I thought I will file that info away for when I am that old.confused? I am now there, and have often thought about him and his passionate venting.

?I will go look up the arthritis diet again, but I cannot imagine sticking to it for 3+ years.sad

I do take probiotics, turmeric and magnesium.

?It is good to hear Paleo has helped you. I hope the Rheume can help too.

• Posted

Are you in a medical Marijuana state? CBD oil has helped my symptoms a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.