21600mgs gabapentin 250mgs oxycodone (percocet) daily for weeks at a time. 24 yrs old

Posted , 4 users are following.

What should I do aside from stopping. Do you guys think I'm at risk medically for liver and kidney probe..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

At that dose, I would speak to a good doctor who can help you step down. There just is no other way around it. The Gabapentin is going to wreck your GABA receptors and you'll progressively feel worse. Please get help! You have my best wishes for a speedy and healthy detox.

• Posted

Who prescribed that amount, Nick?

Anyway, yes, I think you should consult a doctor in order to taper slowly down to a recognised pharmacological dose. I do not know what damage you might be doing to yourself when you are taking that much gabapentin, never mind the oxycodone. That dosage also needs looking at very soon.

I am not telling you off. My OH was addicted to sleeping pills and taking absolutely loads but she did get off them. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Wow! I can't even imagine! The side effects have to be horrendous. please find a good Doctor to help You get off that amount of gabapentin. You may not need as much pain medication after you get lowered off gabapentin. It increased my pain!  As I'm lowering or tapering off gabapentin, im able to lower my pain med. I have never heard such a high dose of gabapentin. Did you put an extra 0 on the end? Sherri

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.