21cm Fibroid

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 35 years old single lady with no children. I do want to have children at some point but these fibroids is disturbing me. The CT Scan shows I have multiple fibroids of which two of them are 21cm and 13cm. Any advice out there

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

you can consider ufe. uterine fibriod embolyzation. its non invasive. reduces heavy bleading and you dont need to touch your uterus or be cut opened. you could be back to work in a week or 2.

or open surgery.. myomectomy . i suggest you go on the internet and research those two. then you can make your decision. i have multiple fibriods I too am in my 40s and still single , yet trusting God for a partner and believing that i will have a child and then pluck off the whole uterus and fling away cos the fibriods are also as big as yours.

you will come out just fine. trust God who gives and preserves life

• Posted

you can also follow this group on Facebook. uterine fibriod support group.

• Posted

I had surgery back in nov 30 2017. I was only 37 with no kids.. i had 7 of my fibroids removed that night. What is strange, I didn't feel any pain when i had them like most women felt. I had to removed them because i want to have children. The doctor advised me to get them removed. I'm still struggle trying to conceive. I think my fibroid is growing back. If it is, I am not doing another surgery. I will see a doctor soon to find out.

If you cant deal with the pain you feel, you can talk to your doctor to them removed.

My good friend is having surgery soon. The pain she is feeling bother her everyday and she cant take it anymore. Her fibroid is size as baby watermelon and more behind them.

• Posted

Hi,

I would try to talk to Dr. William Parker in San Diego, CA. He's a strong proponent of uterine preservation and Fibroids are his specialty.

• Posted

Hi,

I would try to talk to Dr. William Parker in San Diego, CA. He's a strong proponent of uterine preservation and Fibroids are his specialty.

• Posted

Hi,

• Posted

Hi,

I would try to talk to Dr. William Parker in San Diego, CA. He's a strong proponent of uterine preservation and Fibroids are his specialty. I don't recommend UAE since multiple medical professionals have warned me that the decreased blood flow to the uterus can cause issues with pregnancy.

• Posted

Do you still want kids? I am similar to you with age and my fibroid size was 11cm - not down to 5cm at 10 months post UFE. I am so scared because all doctors say basically the blood does not flow to uterus after UFE so chances of having healthy infant are hurt. But then others say it is fine and stats say to do it. What do you plan?

• Posted

Talk to your doctor to see what your options are. I am 36 years old and I had 23 fibroids which were essentilly taking over my abdomen. I had an open myomectomy seven months ago in which the doctor removed the fibroids but saved my uterus so that I can still have children.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.