22,male, rectal bleeding, had "clear" colonoscopy in February

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'll try to make it as short as possible. Last December I noticed that I passed quite a worrisome amount of blood with my stool. Went to ER, had the finger exam and doctor said that everything is fine here. 2 months later, in February, I had a colonoscopy which revealed a small benign polyp, which was removed.

After getting the all clear in February, I stopped paying attention to my stools and toilet paper. However, I spent the last week on vacation in Greece, and they have this weird policy that you can't throw TP inside the toilet, and you need to throw it into a trash can. So 2 days ago when on the toilet I noticed that I had blood after wiping, and it bled for about 5 minutes, I kept wiping and it was bleeding bright red blood. It seemed that the more I strained while wiping, the more blood would come out. It was also painless. I also don't bleed between bowel movements - assuming that because my underwear isn't ever stained.

Anyway, it's been two days already and I had no bleeding anymore. Could that have been a ruptured internal hemmorhoid?

Considering my young age, a clear colonoscopy 7 months ago and lack of other symptoms, cancer is rather excluded, right? I'm most worried about cancer to be honest

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mostu,

I have had very similar symptoms. To me it sounds like you have a fissure. A tear in the rectum. Please see your GP. I highly doubt you have anything serious. Good luck x

• Posted

Hi,

Fissures are painful as far as I know, and I had no pain.

• Posted

My son has one and the finds it very painful. Just trying to help.
    • Posted

I meant to say it's painless. 

• Posted

Colon cancer takes years to develop, and you had a clear colonoscopy 7 months ago. So it is safe to say that you do not have cancer. Plus, 22 is so young. It would be better to go back to your doctor and discuss the continuous bleeding. 
    • Posted

Do you think that internal hemmorhoid might be the cause? I'm really anxious that they missed the cancer on the colonoscopy...

• Posted

I honestly cannot fathom a colonoscopy "missing" something that would cause this much bleeding in such a short time. I would truly relax Motsu smile

Also, this sounds like either a hemmerhoid or a fissure. Not all fissures will hurt excessively. You may only notice a slight itching or burning. And hemmerhoids may indeed be painless.

• Posted

If you were straining, it sounds more like a fissure or haemorrhoid which produce bright red blood.  See your doctor again if it comes back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.