22 wks post op ankle surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 22 wks post op for broken ankle. I'm wondering how long the pain and discomfort last. I'm in pt and walking with a cane but I still have so much discomfort and pain. I'm going to try acupuncture and hope it helps. Also wondering how long it's going to take to walk with ease. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi diane sorry to hear you have had to join the forum through this accident .  Im not 6 months down the line and still get pain and discomfort. But no where near as bad as it was at 22 weeks like yourself.  Each and everyone of us has different times for healing, so how long you will experience pain for, who can tell?  All I can say is reading many posts on the forum its not a quick fix.  Lets hope the acupuncture helps.  You have defo come to the right place for help and advise on questions ...Good luck  sx
  • Posted

Hi there. I'm sorry you had to find this forum but you will be so much better for the support you will get. When surgeon filled in my medical certificate he wrote upon it "2years and ongoing". I thought oh bull****  "but 6 months down the track still get pain. I'm struggling a lot with work most days. But I'm in nowhere near the pain I was in for first 3/4 months.i don't get much sleep due to nerve pain.   Can I ask if you wore an Even Up Shoe when in boot or long term cast. At 60 I know I must find a new normal. Can't retire for 7 years.  That's bs as well. 

• Posted

I didn't use an even up and I wish I would have. It twisted my back all up! I'm waiting on the acupuncture. It's costly. I'm going to start increasing my gabapentin though per dr. He said it will help with the nerve pain. I only take one 300mg at night but he said to take one 3 times a day. Hope your pain gets better too!!

• Posted

Thanks but I'm doing ok. Better than most. But I get so angry that the proper advice is not given to avoid secondary injury. Even a limp can be avoided for many people if managed thro education to begin with.  I ab going to give myself another month or so with pysio then try reflexologist. 

• Posted

Jenni reflexology is great! I've had it done! It released something in my ankle because at the time i had it done my nerves woke up and it helped in relieving the pain. Good luck!!

• Posted

Hey I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I pray and hope it will get better for you soon. 
    • Posted

Thanks! Every day is better than the first day of the accident! At least I'm up and somewhat walking! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Blessings to you also! 

• Posted

Thanks and yes I totally agree every day is better than the first day of accident 😊😊😊. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.