22 year old. I have period pains when i'm not due!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently went to my doctor because pretty much since I started my period at 14, I've experience really bad cramps. The issue however is not that, my problem is that throughout the month regardless if I am due or not I get period cramps, or what I can only explain as "period cramps" as that is the closest thing it feels like, its defiantly within that region. I was tested for any STD's or ovarian cancer which all came back clear and then sent to hospital for an ultra sound to see if I had ovarian cysts or anything like that, again it all came back clear. I've had regular smear tests as well and I've never had any irregularities. So now I'm really confused and although I guess relieved that its none of the above, I'm now left pretty anxious and confused as I still have no idea what is happening. I've a pretty high pain threshold but these are really uncomfortable and sore and I cant just ignore the issue. I don't get discharge, blood or anything, just a sudden shooting pain in that area and it lasts a couple of seconds, and then goes. It can happen at anytime of the month and I'm really scared at what it is. Anyone have any ideas or experinced the same thing? I just want to put a name to its scary face that i have created!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire

You could possibly have Endometriosis (where the endometrium lining of uterus grows outside the uterus somtimes attatching itself to intestine or else where

in the body) I know you are conscidered a bit young but my Niece ended up having an abdominal Laproscopy and she although told before hand it was thought that due to her age in her 20's at the time she was not likely to have the above in fact had endometiosis when they did the laproscopy so don't give up make sure you see a Gynaecologist to sort you out Like you my Niece suffered from when she was about 16 yrs old

Good luck annd very best of wishes

Please let me know how you get on

• Posted

i have very bad pain as well and i have been diagnosed with a mishaped uterus as well as what apears to be a inflammed tube and a cyst, as well as possible endomitriosis. Nothing has worked and they just perscribe meds that dont help, i am not getting ready for surgery.
    • Posted

i myself am getting ready for abdominal laproscopy surgery as well, i hope this all helps and best of luck to you
  • Posted

If all test came back clear, You could just have painful ovulation. Or you could have cysts that are normal and burst like they should, you can feel some pain with that. Again, if all test came back ok then I wouldn't worry to much.

How ever if you continue to worry then go back to the doctor and have them rule out anything else it could be. Be open with them and tell them all your symptoms and ask lots of questions.

I wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.