Skip to content

Menstrual Cycle and Disorders

Also known as Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea, Menorrhagia, Periods and Period Problems, Premenstrual Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Period from hell

After the birth of my baby I've been having periods from hell. Back pain, cramps, really sore breasts (chest pains that make me feel like im having heart attack) headaches, tachycardia, panic attacks, anxiety, anger..Oh my God Im losing my mind! Anyone else in this? Thanks x

• Insomnia and cramps before period

Hi, For the past 4 months or so, 2 weeks before my menstrual cycle I get really bad insomnia. I usually fall asleep at around 10:30pm and wake up at 6/7am and the 2 weeks before I usually end up falling asleep 3 hours later than I’m supposed to which ends up being around 2AM. It’s hard to cope with it...

• Late period

Hi! My period is late for 3 days now. It supposed to come on Feburary 13. I've had protected sex  a day before my period and also 4 days before my period.  I know since we used condoms im probably not pregnant but im still scared. I've also had tender breasts these past 4 days and little...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Irregular Bleeding Between Period

Hello, I had a period about a week and a half ago but yesterday I started randomly bleeding again. The blood is red and I would describe it as a moderate amount. I am still bleeding today so it's been about 36 hours since the first amount of blood. I've also experienced a dull ache on the right...

Last reply
  • Period from hell

After the birth of my baby I've been having periods from hell. Back pain, cramps, really sore breasts (chest pains that make me feel like im having heart attack) headaches, tachycardia, panic attacks, anxiety, anger..Oh my God Im losing my mind! Anyone else in this? Thanks x

Posted
  • Insomnia and cramps before period

Hi, For the past 4 months or so, 2 weeks before my menstrual cycle I get really bad insomnia. I usually fall asleep at around 10:30pm and wake up at 6/7am and the 2 weeks before I usually end up falling asleep 3 hours later than I’m supposed to which ends up being around 2AM. It’s hard to cope with it...

Posted
  • Unusual Periods

Hi, I have always had strange periods, and am looking for some advice, or to see if anyone else has the same syptoms as me. So starting in middle school, about 7th or 8th grade (I started my period in 5th grade) my periods began to be heavier, and would give me extreme cramps. Cramps so bad I couldnt...

Last reply
  • Can anxiety cause heavier menstrual cycles?

I tend to have heavy flows during my period, for at least two days at the start. I was doing a bit of reading about this because o was curious if maybe something could be wrong, and I saw that being under a lot of stress and anxiety affects a cycle. So I was wondering if my heavy flows could be a cause...

Last reply
  • Late period

Hi! My period is late for 3 days now. It supposed to come on Feburary 13. I've had protected sex  a day before my period and also 4 days before my period.  I know since we used condoms im probably not pregnant but im still scared. I've also had tender breasts these past 4 days and little...

Posted
  • Irregular bleeding and spotting, very confused please help!

Hi i'm 22 years old and have been on the contraceptive mini pill called cerazette for about 3 years. I didn't get periods at all (unless I was very stressed) for the first year and a half but for the last year and a half I've been getting them almost every month. On top of this I recently...

Last reply
  • Light periods

Can light periods cause u too feel sluggish lightheaded at times I’m on my 4th day it’s very light im a bit comsirpated but keep getting this feeling like I’m tired and lightheaded is this normal 

Posted
  • Period problems could they be linked to antidepressant?

Hi  I’m looking for some advice, I’m having an extremely unusual period and not sure whether I should consult my doctor. I’ve always had heavy, painful periods that last Anything from 5 days to 25 days. Usually, they’re heavy for about 3-4 days then just light but painful and annoying the rest...

Posted
  • Extended period with no answers, please help

So, it's the 11/02/2018, I'm 19 years old and I'm on day 17 of my period. Normally I last about 8 days. I'm experiencing painful cramps, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea, dizziness/light-headedness, lack of focus, exhaustion, aching muscles and headaches.  I have been having issues...

Last reply
  • Implantation Bleeding or Period?

Hello. I have been missing my period for almost a week now, I used the app Clue, and by right my period supposed to come last Wednesday, 7/2 but i'm still not having any period! However, when I went to the toilet today, a brown-ish liquid fluid came out. I'm not sure if it's implantation...

Posted
  • Headaches AFTER period finishes

Hello. So, for the past 3-4 months I have noticed I am getting tension-style headaches for about 5-7 days either during or after my period finishes. I don't think they are migraines because I seem to be able to function with them, even though they make me feel miserable. They stick with me throughout...

Last reply
  • Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding!?

For the past 5 or so days I have been finding increasing amount of brown discharge and blood spots in my underwear. The past two days have been the worse, so much that I am wearing tampons. I am on the birth control Altavera, and have been using birth control for over 6 months now the brand switching...

Last reply
  • Could I be pregnant?

I switched to new birth control the kind that you take for three months straight and then you have your period on the third month. For the first month I didn’t have one just pains in my abdomen and now I’ve just started my third month and for the last two weeks I’ve had irregular bleeding. The first...

Posted
  • PLEASE HELP ME!!

i stopped having a period more the eight months ago, im only fourteen and i'm a virgin. so i can't possibly be pregnant. my stomach hurts like i'm on my period almost every day and i have bad headaches. and i'm always hungry, i feel like i always need to eat something as if i've been...

Last reply
  • Period Help

I had unprotected sex 2 days before my expected period. So I took a plan B on the day of my expected period. It’s 5 days later and I have yet to start. I am worried because I am NEVER late. On top of this I have been getting horrible insomnia even before this. I am worried my body isn’t functioning right....

Last reply
  • Help with period concern.

Hi. I started my period around the age 13, 7th grade. Im 18, almost 19, and I've never been regular but I'm not sure what is happening is normal or not. Before I had about 4-5 months between my periods then it went to about 3-4 for a bit and then to 3-2 for only a few times. I figured I was getting...

Last reply
  • Prolonged Bleeding

I have been having prolonged bleeding for 3 months. The bleeding has been non stop. I have pain in my abdomen. My doctor did an ultrasound sound and found a large fibroid, an enlarged uterus, and thick endometrial tissue. I heard that with fibroids, birth control may help so I went on birth control for...

Last reply
  • Late period

I finished my last period on the 30th December 2017 and had sex (pull out method) on the 5th of January. The week of the 9th I had a really bad flu and was on antibiotics for 7 days, the day after I finished those antibiotics I got what was like a period but only lasted 2 days and was really light. I...

Last reply
  • Need help

I was on pill for 3.5yrs. Before going on pill i used to have a heavy period and always same time every month amd went for 7 days. I came off pill mid september and my partner and are have been trying for a baby but we are having no luck. I have a period tracker and my periods are all over the place....

Posted
  • Irregular Period/ Abdominal Pain.

Hello, I first got my period when I was 14. I am now 19 and my period has been extremely irregular since. Sometimes I go months without getting and this is one of these times. My last period was two and a half months ago. I have had brown discharge those two months but no period. I have been dealing...

Posted
  • Why does my mense date change so much between months?

I have a friend who learned she was pregnant at an OB appt. She had no signs or symptoms and even continued to have regular clockwork periods. So could it be that I'm pregnant? My cycle usually lasts 28 days, for August was 32 days, for September it was 31, for October it was 29 days, for November...

Last reply
  • Could this get me pregnant?

My boyfriend guilted me into having unprotected sex. I am not on birth control. But he made me feel so bad because I wouldn't have unprotected sex with him, so I let it happen. He said he pulled out when he was cumming and I believe him but a part of me is still unsure. It was only like 2 minutes...

Last reply
  • Worried I may be pregnant

I had unprotected sex on New Year’s Eve, although he did not finish inside of me (he had to masturbate to finish), I then got my period at the normal time about a week later, and from what I can remember it was a normal period for me. However over the last month I have been increasingly worried I may...

Posted
  • my period is coming out of my backside

when im on my period, ive noticed that when i wipe after ive been the toilet there would be loads and loads of blood when i wipe my bum, i thought i just had blood on the tissue from the vagina bleeding but it is definitley coming from the bum. is this normal?

Last reply
  • Late period

Hi, sorry if this is TMI!  This month I started bleeding in the middle of my cycle but it wasn’t a ‘proper’ period. I had mild cramping on day one and then maybe half as much blood as usual in total. It lasted about 6 days whereas my normal periods are 8.  Now I’ve missed when I’m actually...

Posted
  • Lost period for one year and have excessive weight gain??!!

Hello everyone I've got quite a problem and I am hoping someone out there can give me some help. In 2016 of October I had my last period and it is now February 2018. In November of 2016 I moved to Los Angeles with my boyfriend. We were in a long distance relationship before the move so when we...

Last reply
  • Please help..thoughts please. Abnormal bleeding!!!

I'm 24 years old. For the past two months I had some brown spotting for about 2 days. On my third month now, which is this month , I've experienced bleeding/spotting before my period. It started out watery with pink blood for about 2 to 3 days, then it went to heavier pink blood for 2 days an...

Last reply
  • Period problem

I am 18 and it’s impossible that I am pregnant. I have been on the contraceptive pill now for 3 years. This week will be my in active week I stop taking the pill on Tuesday for my 7 day break. On Saturday I started bleeding a tiny bit pure red blood. Yesterday there was bits of pink blood now today there...

Last reply
  • Severe anxiety before and during period

I have generalized anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I've kept a diary over the last 2 months since I had to increase the dose of my anti depressants. I am 43 years old and I've noticed that 3 days before and 3 days during my cycle and also around ovulation, my anxiety and intrusive thoughts...

Last reply
  • Potential diet to get rid of Premenstrual Syndrome Symptoms

Premenstrual Syndrome Symptoms occur in many women. During the leading days of periods many women experience abdominal pain, headache, mood swing, irritability, etc. Premenstrual syndrome also known as ‘premenstrual tension’ is common among the menstruating women. Though PMS is not severe, majority...

Posted
  • Black blood clots

Hi. I’m 27 years old and my last two periods have been completely brown and light. Today is the 3rd day of my period and there are LONG black rubbery blood clots on the toilet paper and some normal red when I wipe. I’ve been on marvelon birth control for 5 years and I’m totally freaked out. 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.