Skip to content

Menstrual Cycle and Disorders

Also known as Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea, Menorrhagia, Periods and Period Problems, Premenstrual Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Intense panic attacks on first day of period if it is late

Hello, I am 19 years old and usually my period is regular, however, for the past few years if it is even 2 days late, I end up having a very intense panic attack on the first day of my period even if I am not feeling stressed at all. It had gotten so bad it felt like I was having a stroke. Does anyone...

Posted
  • my cycle was never normal...

So since i started my period back when i was 11 my cycle was never normal but i also never kept up with it cause it wouldnt happen the same time every month and i remember it skipped one month when i was like 12 but never again until last year when i was 21. I took birth control the year before to regulate...

Posted
  • Periods only 1-2 weeks apart?

So I’ve been getting periods that are quite close together since February now. They are either a week and a half apart or just about two weeks. I’m a bit worried if this means I have an infection or something?? Though, I will add that I only first get my period in January so I know this could just be...

Posted
  • Sore breasts, brown discharge, emotional wreck

I'm 39 years old and for the past 3 years on and off sometimes it's been ok for 6 months my breasts are sore for about 3 weeks out of every month. I had a colposcopy in September 2016 because my cervix was a funny shape but that all came back clear. Ever since having a termination in July 2016...

Last reply
  • Amenorrhea after stopping birth control???

Hi! I stopped birth control around Christmas after being on it for about 2.5 years. I had a period 1 month after that (in January), but as of the end of April, I have not had another one. I know that amennorhea is common after quitting birth control, but I just think it is odd that I’ve had a period...

Posted
  • Bad period pains!!

I have always had bad period pains since I started. I am always regular, infact always 5 days early then pervious periods. But it really pains so bad sometimes in thighs ,I can feel muscles twitching from insides. This usually happens during last two days of the periods and for some 4-5 hours till I...

Last reply
  • Amenorrhea anyone been or going through it ?

Hi all So my background - I’ve had irregular periods since I’ve started, they’ve always been heavy and 8 days long, until about 6 months ago they went down to 4 days and then to 2 days and I’ve not had one since Feb!! I’ve had bloods (awaiting results) and today I had a scan, the sonographer said “26...

Posted
  • Period: I can't be pregnant, can I?

Hello!  I've only recently started having sex, and for a few times, we haven't used protection -- but that was for the smallest amount of time before reverting back to a condom.  Last month, in March, I started my period on the 18th. (February, I started on the 19th.) And this month,...

Posted
  • After IUD was placed I have had brownish discharge.

So I was told that there would be spotting for the next 6 months after the IUD was placed, but I wasn't expecting spotting when my period wasn't supposed to be there. Like I understood it as I would have a period as predicted but it would be less and shorter. Then I was also told that the IUD...

Posted
  • my period is coming out of my backside

when im on my period, ive noticed that when i wipe after ive been the toilet there would be loads and loads of blood when i wipe my bum, i thought i just had blood on the tissue from the vagina bleeding but it is definitley coming from the bum. is this normal?

Last reply
  • Very Light Period for past 4 month

27 years old, always had very regular heavier periods. For the past 4 months, starting in May of 2016 until recently in August 2016, I have been getting very light periods. And I was almost late to start AF in May. I can now pretty much go with using 1 pad all day (but don't for sanitary reasons),...

Last reply
  • What's going on with my period? Am I pregnant?!

I've got a series of issues going on with my period, and all I can figure out is that I'm either stressed, having hormone fluctuations, or pregnant. I have been overthinking and worrying like crazy! I would love to share my experience/thoughts and maybe get some outside input and experience on...

Posted
  • Can northisterone delay your normal cycle?

Back in January I took northisterone to delay my period for a weekend away. I took a period 2 days after stopping which last 5 days (my normal amount of days) I’m now on day 92 of no period since the one in January! I’m usually every 21 days so that’s 4 periods Iv missed!! I have the symptoms like moody,...

Posted
  • Please help - i have lost all hope.

My issues started 4 years ago when my labia started disappearing and my vagina skin was tearing. For years I asked my doctor to order me a blood test because I read that low estrogen can cause your “parts to disappear.” My periods are also 2-3 days and entirely brown. Finally, my doctor ordered me blood...

Posted
  • Blood clots & Flooding After Stopped Norethisone

My gynae said I might have abnormal hormone disorder and have prescribed norethisone to stop massive blod clots and bleeding.Now I have stopped taking norethisone, after 2 days I started bleeding but not a lot. Then I stopped bleeding completely for about 5 days. Now 2 weeks after I stopped meds, bleeding...

Posted
  • Having Irregular periods lately

I’m 18 years old I tunred 18 in January I first got my period when I was 14 they have always been regular Every month I never really had any problems. About 6 months ago In October I missed my period I didn’t really think anything of it until 2 months later in January I missed another one. It’s now...

Posted
  • excesive and prolonged period?

Hello, 23 years old and have been experiencing vaginal bleeding for most of the last 5 years. 2013 I'm pretty sure I had a miscarriage but I'm not 100% sure seemed that way. I bled excessively  for a month being stuck in bed and the bathroom, going through giant pads every hour.it was gross,...

Last reply
  • this is period talk - i’m scared and can’t put a tampon in !!

ok so i am 13 years old and i’m nearly 14. i have had my period for six months now and all i have ever used is pads and panty liners. i really want to start using tampons because they’re much easier and they are a lot more comfy. I have tried about a million times to insert one but everytime i try, it...

Last reply
  • I have been having irregular menstrual flows and I need advice

I have been having irregular menstrual flows and some of my friends have encountered the same issues after taking a certain post sex pill that I have been looking for a solution for years and am looking to open a category for that on my blog Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing...

Posted
  • Long and Troublesome Periods

Hi, I've been having periods for two years now, and they've always been extremely difficult. I've always been told they will sort themselves out, but they seem to just be getting worse. Firstly, my menstrual cycle is about 40 days long, and seems to be getting longer. My periods themselves...

Posted
  • History of irregular period; worried about pregnancy

I use Flo, an app to track my period (not for fertility reasons, I have no interest in getting pregnant) My period in February was from 7-11, March was ~13-16, and at April 10, now I'm experiencing stubborn fat around my hips and stomach that won't go away (with diet and exercise) and spotting...

Last reply
  • Cycle Lenght Fluctuation each month !

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the menstrual cycle lenght fluctuate by about 8 days. So for example over a few months my menstrual cycle lenght varies from 26 days, 29days, 33days, 28 days, 31 days etc. so the lenght of the cycle varies each month. Prior to this i had regular 28 day...

Posted
  • Suspected Hormone Imbalance. HELP!

I just wondered if any women had got anywhere with their GP regarding hormone imbalance.  My GP agrees with me that something isn’t right, perhaps even a progesterone intolerance, but she doesn’t really know where to start and is researching.  From what I’ve read online I need endocrine tests? ...

Last reply
  • Severe anxiety before and during period

I have generalized anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I've kept a diary over the last 2 months since I had to increase the dose of my anti depressants. I am 43 years old and I've noticed that 3 days before and 3 days during my cycle and also around ovulation, my anxiety and intrusive thoughts...

Last reply
  • I’m scared that i have endometriosis, can anyone help?

Hi, i have a doctors app tomorrow but am constantly stressing and worried that i may have endometriosis which will affect my fertility in the future. I have written a list of my symptoms, i am 19 Period pain can be quite bad. Some Months it is extremely painful other times it is bearable  Only...

Posted
  • Please help extreamly late period for young age

Hello I’m only 14 and started my period in the 4th of jan this year and they have never been regular it lasted 4-5 days then the next month I started on the 16th of feb and lasted 4-5 days again I haven’t had a period since and it’s been 42 days I have been experiencing symptoms of pmd and I’ve had to...

Last reply
  • My period is Ruining my life Please Help Me

Hi guys Just to give you a little bit of background information. I am 23 years old. Very healthy (Besides this aspect) I eat extemely healthy and my choices have even gotten healthier as i've read many articles that say your diet and excersise has a lot to do with cramps, etc. I am active and...

Last reply
  • I haven’t had a period in 6 months, HELP!

Hey ladies.  So I’m getting increasingly anxious about my lack of mensturation. I’m 24 years old & healthy.  I was on the pill for about 7 years and came off it last July. I got my first period after 3 months (in the October) and now I haven’t got it again.  I went to the doctor about...

Posted
  • Period Problems

Hi Everyone, Over a year ago, I was on the implant for birth control. While I was on it, I bled for 7 out of the 8 months I had it. I decided to changed to the patch but that also didn't agree with me and gave me terrible anxiety and pains in my legs and arms. Once I stopped using birth control,...

Last reply
  • I don't know if I'm pmsing or not please help!!

Okay so I am 12 and I got my first period on January 5 of 2018. It lasted 9 days. It has been 74 days since January 5 and still no second period!! I think I was ovulating in March 7 because I had been pretty happy around that time and then got lower back pains for maybe 1-2 hours that day. The next day...

Last reply
  • Uti and late period?

I am on the combined pill and I haven’t been sexually active since January. Afterwards, I stopped taking the pill and had my period in Febuary. However it was a bit lighter but more than just spotting. Normally my mensuration lasts five days but at that time, it only lasted four. My period is six days...

Posted
  • Spotting

I’ve been on microgynon 30 for over a year, been taking regularly, last month I didn’t have a proper period, I came on a couple of days into my new week of the pills, I’m due on next week and this week I have started bleeding lightly after sex and now through out the day, is this normal after not having...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.