Skip to content
Ad

Menstrual Cycle and Disorders

Also known as Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea, Menorrhagia, Periods and Period Problems, Premenstrual Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Haven't been menstruated but not pregnant

Hi there!  I have a little, or may I say, big problem right now. I havent been menstruated for a long time. Not just a month or two. I mean HALF a whole year! About 6 to 7 months. I didnt got mood swings or stuff like that either. And No, I do not do sexual stuff (virgin) and I havent been gaining...

Posted
  • Messed Up Menstrual Cycle

My period used to be regular - I'd get it on or around the 8th of the month consistently. But now suddenly it's changed! It went from the 8th to the 21st & 23rd to now the 13th in the last 4 months. I'm 33, not on birth control and I am having unprotected sex with my spouse. 2 months...

Posted
  • Are Pads As Sanitary As We Think?

For years now when that time of the month rolled around like clock work I would go to the store and buy my pads and tampons. Often I would run into problems like soiled underwear(or worse), odors, cramps and more. When my period would come the desire to leave my house and be out was low. The concern...

Posted
  • My periods are so awful and nobody can help me!!

My period only consists of clotting. Mostly small and medium, but every 45 mins or hour I'll get a big one the size of my hand. I don't ever have fluid blood unless I don't eat. Even if I eat healthy it's excruciatingly painful. Exercise makes everything worse and I just feel constant...

Last reply
  • No period after miscarriage but normal bloods

Hiya,  I had a miscarriage in May- it was complete. I have not had a period since despite it now being 14 weeks ago. I am not pregnant again and I have not ovulated. My gp did my bloods 2 weeks ago and they came back 'normal'. These are my results Serum Fsh level 5.3 iu/l Luteinizing...

Posted
  • Period Anxiety

I was feeling anxious earlier and I was cramping. I took equate mendtrual relief pills and I felt worse. Suddenly I felt more dizzy and anxious. 

Posted
  • Almost a week late

Hi, guys. I'm 22, and my cycle's 4 days late (as of today). I'm not on birth control and I'm not sexually active. I just recently got on pressure meds for my high BP problems but it's from my understanding that it doesn't have an effect on your menstrual cycle. I also been fighting...

Last reply
  • Period from hell

Hi all,             I'm a 45yr old and am having a horrendous time. I'm day 10 of this unusually long period and for the last 4 days have been flooding and changing sanitary products every 2 hours ! Went to my GP this morning and have been given Norethisterone, which...

Posted
  • Headaches AFTER period finishes

Hello. So, for the past 3-4 months I have noticed I am getting tension-style headaches for about 5-7 days either during or after my period finishes. I don't think they are migraines because I seem to be able to function with them, even though they make me feel miserable. They stick with me throughout...

Last reply
  • Menstruation problems

So I have been feeling light headed followed by nausea on and of f for the last 2 weeks. Now last month for my period my cramps came for about 8 hours on and off before the blood actually came down in which it came slowly and also was quite light when it fi ally was here. usually the blood comes down...

Posted
  • Prolonged period - Anyone else??

Hey guys So I've had my period for the past 3 weeks. During that time it was up and down but never really heavy or "flowing", so although it was there for ages it wasn't uncomfortable. It was not really like a normal period I thought.  I went to the doctor and he assured me it...

Posted
  • Menstration

I had my last period in 2011 then nothing until today. 6 years without a period I thought I'd gone through the menopause so why have a period now after all this time

Posted
  • Heavy Period with extreme clotting

I woke up this morning and had to run to the bathroom and had to jump in the shower. There was blood and clots everywhere. It was so upsetting I felt like crying. I am going to be 50 this year and I'm not sure if this is part of my body getting ready for menopause or not. All I know is that it is...

Posted
  • Need advice asap

This my my second time getting my period in 2 weeks very irregular, I am on the pill it's helping me out a lot because I suffer with my period but , my story is that when I have had the irregular period so lately it hasn't been coming out on my sanitary towel but when I wipe my vagina it comes...

Posted
  • Irregular periods

Hi just wondering if anyone an offer any advice, it's hard to get into my doctors so hoping I can find some advice before I make an appointment, for my last 3 periods they have been irregular and very close together, the 1st time I came on two weeks after I had already had one and then two weeks...

Posted
  • Painful Ovaries?

Over the past few months, my periods have become very irregular and prolonged. As of July, I've been experiencing severe problems. My ovaries seem to be causing me a lot of pain, especially on my right side. It's gotten numb and sometimes uncomfortable to walk. Almost like that feeling when your...

Posted
  • Bleeding after 3 years

Hi...I havnt had a period in 3 years after I got my overies and falloipan tubes removed due to ill health. .this morning I woke up with some bleeding...still have my womb so am wondering if this is normal... Thanks in Advance for any advice..

Posted
  • Period

Hi guys, I am 25 and have irregular periods. I calculated the number of days between periods and they range from 36 to 48 to 55 and 18 days. I also experience painful pelvis and abdomen leading for a week leading up to period. I have a hormone imbalance also along with a foul smelling odour. Does it...

Posted
  • I've had brown discharge lately, what does this mean?

Good day! I was wondering if you could help me distinguish if i'm pregnant or not. I'm 20 and i have very irregular menstruation. My last menstruation was last Feb. I recently had unprotected intercourse but I am certain that my partner did not ejaculate inside my vagina. Also, my partner, nor...

Posted
  • Nothing stops me bleeding or having periods every 2 weeks

Newbie and extremely nervous about posting xxx So bare with me. Need advice So in 24 started my periods at 10 since my first period it was extremely painful and heavy it got worse as I got older and still is I tried the pill when I was younger but didn't help often needed iron tablets as I got...

Posted
  • only blood clots no flow---Help

has anyone suffered such a period with only blood clots for 4-5 days abd no liquid flow. My back pains like hell and i am not getting normal periods. It feels tiring and feeling trapped. \what shall I have to have my normal period back ? Please someone help.

Posted
  • Period confusion

This is the 3rd time i have n gotten my period Week 1: period normal flow Week 2: no period Week 3: period but just a spotting period Week 4: no period Week 5: started normal then super bad cramping like after a contraction hits cramping and clots..hurt to go to the bathroom when I passed the clots....

Posted
  • Period Late after first Sex and Protective Sex

I have been cery depressed for the 4 days now . My girlfriend got her last period on the 17th June and in May her last period was on 19th May . Now we are on 22th July and we Had protective first time sex with a Condom on 1st July . She got cramps on her abdominals too but non of the period had started...

Posted
  • 2 months of period?

Hi, I have been bleeding for 2 months with about 4 days of not bleeding in between. I have all the symptoms of period except the bleeding is light and with heavy blood clots, meaning i don't bleed often but when I do it is with thick blood cloths. I feel dissy and my back pain is ridiculously painful....

Last reply
  • No Period After Stopping Birth Control

I stopped the pill in February, and got my period a few days after. Since then, I have no had a period at all. There are times when I feel like it is coming, but never does. I have also gained about 10 pounds since stopping the pill. I am 100% not pregnant. Any idea of how long I could be without a period,...

Last reply
  • Persistent vaginal bleeding

I have been on my period for five weeks now. It's not always heavy, but enough to need to wear a tampon to avoid any mess. I have had very irregular bleeding since I got the implant (nexplanon) in Feb 2015. While I had long periods in the first year, I also had long gaps between them so I wasn't...

Posted
  • No period yet

I turned 16 a month ago and I haven't had my period yet. For the last 5 months, at the end of EVERY month, I have lower abdomen pains and sore breasts. I went to a doctor early may and a blood test and ultrasound scan were arranged. Both were "clear". I was then refered to the gynocologist...

Posted
  • What's up with my period?

I started my period almost 2 weeks early. Usually I'm right on time. This one is also long; im on day 9 and still bleading heavy. Usually my periods are 4. It's also caused me discomfort i don't usually have. There is a sharp, tugging pain on the right side of my torso.

Posted
  • Do you think my period is regular?

In the past few months my cycle length was: 31 days 28 days 27 days 26 days 34 days 28 days I don't know anything about what a normal cycle length variation should be. Can anyone say if this is normal or not?

Posted
  • Breakthrough bleeding or implantation bleeding? On the pill

I’m on the pill. Ortho-tricyclen or whatever. It’s my second month being on it. I started bleeding like two days ago, and had about 5 active pills left. So Istarted googling like crazy. It came up with breakthrough bleeding and implantation bleeding. I only notice blood when i wipe. Its usually dark...

Posted
  • Pain and discomfort!! Has this happened to you?

I've had terrible pain in my pelvis that at times is in my hips, groin & thighs. Travels to my lower back also. It began in my left side and now travels to right and across pelvis. I have been for uti tests - negative, ultrasound and transvaginal us - normal, X-ray - normal, ct scan - normal!!...

Last reply
  • Anyone have this trouble before?

Ok, sorry for the details attached here, but this has been going on for me since about last February; and I'm about at my wit's end with it. My periods seem to be almost inverted- bleeding for four to five weeks at a time. The worst of it was April/May of last year. I went through at least three...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.