Skip to content
Ad

Menstrual Cycle and Disorders

Also known as Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea, Menorrhagia, Periods and Period Problems, Premenstrual Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Period Talk: What should I do?

Ok, so let me start off by saying that I recently turned 18 and for the past 3 years or so, I've been begging my mom to take me to a gyno but she says I'm too young and/or all they'll do is give me birth control, which is "unecessary and addictive and will ruin your body forever"....

Posted
  • Post menopausal bleeding

My mom is 57 years old. She went 13 months without a period. A few months ago she started to bleed and every month thereafter she would wipe and have a little smear. She's had a pelvic ultrasound, transvag ultrasound, pap, blood work which all came back fine. She finally had her gyno appt yesterday...

Posted
  • Heavy bleeding & cramps while taking norethisterone

Was diagnosed with menoraghia and fibroids in November 16 and had an ablation on January 17. In July the bleeding and clots came back with a vengeance. Am back on 10mg of norethisterone 3 times a day plus tranexamic acid. Bleeding, clots and cramps havent stopped even though the norethisterone worked...

Last reply
  • I havent had a period for 2 years then all of a sudden i got one?

Im 16 years of age and havent had a period in 2 years. I was on contraceptive tablets and my periods were all normal. When i come off the contrsceltive tablet i had a couple of normal periods then they suddenly stopped for 2 years. However, on the 3rd november i started bleeding very heavily. That lasted...

Last reply
  • Missed my cycle

I an 28 yes old. When my husband. Was down I had continuous. Sex for one week unprotected. And also two pills at a time. That was 8 pills aftr that week I was suppose to get periods on last month 20. But I missed and this month till now I haven't got my periods.. Can you please. Drop me mail. Weather...

Last reply
  • Period Problems

So, I have been on birth control for about nine months. The first few months were bumpy: I was missing pills, forgetting them, and was being just plain lazy. However, the other half, I've gotten really good with them. I take them every night, on the dot, or within an hour or so than when I usually...

Last reply
  • Menstrual cycle abnormal

Hi i got my period on the 8th of this mth , it always only lasts 4days but to this day I still have a heavy bleed ever had this before abit afraid to go doctors ATM.

Posted
  • Nothing stops me bleeding or having periods every 2 weeks

Newbie and extremely nervous about posting xxx So bare with me. Need advice So in 24 started my periods at 10 since my first period it was extremely painful and heavy it got worse as I got older and still is I tried the pill when I was younger but didn't help often needed iron tablets as I got...

Last reply
  • Period is ruining my life.

Hi,  So I've had gynaecological problems for as long as I've had my periods, symptoms have been ongoing for about 6 years now. Inc, heavy bleeding, clots, extremely irregular (no cycle to my bleeding at all. Once bled for 6 months straight) been on all the hormones you can imagine including...

Last reply
  • Small blood clots not on period

So for the past few days i pee and small blood clots come out not even big just like a speck but noticable I haven't gotten my period im super irregular and i wipe and thir is blood but looks kind of orange mixed with clear sorry i know its too much information but has me a bit worried 😩 

Last reply
  • Period 2 weeks after last cycle...what does it mean?

So I just had my period about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I noticed some slight bleeding. Over the last two days it has been pretty heavy like a normal period. This is unusual for me and I don't have any of the signs of pregnancy. I have been pregnant before a few times. I have one son who is 9,...

Last reply
  • I have not seen my period

I have being experiencing mistral pain for about a week now and I haven't seen my period what could be the problem and in my fertility days has passed in my calander

Posted
  • I need some advice, I’m 13 and I know I can count on you guys.

I’m 13, turning 14 soon. I have had my period three times in my life! All a month and a couple days apart. I recently got a yeast infection! It was not good. I’m not discusting it’s normal but I didn’t like it. I took a pill for it yesterday and have been using cream. Today I wiped myself and seen some...

Posted
  • Should I be worried about my delayed period?

Hi, My period has been 3 days late and I've been having PMS symptoms for 2 weeks+ before I get my period I get insomnia, headaches, decreased urination, cramps, increased appetite, etc. Two weeks ago today I came off a 23-hour flight and I think it has something to do with that as I heard travelling...

Last reply
  • Vaginal discharge strange periods

Hi Last month my period was very light  two days long. Then 5 days after had 1 bleed followed my blood clots then nothing. Constant feel on wetness down there, this month period very heavy for 5 days now finished but strange discharge every day, brown/yellow no smell? Pelvic pain and lower back....

Last reply
  • Spotting in-between periods.

Hey I'm in my early 20s and for the past year or so I have been spotting in-between periods most months. Is this normal? Should I go to the docs or am I just worrying over nothing? Also, I'm definitely not pregnant so that can't be the cause. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Bleeding bright red for 13 days

Hello, ​I'm on Cerazette mini pill and have been for a few years.  I've had irregular bleeding on and off but not many proper periods. ​About 7 weeks ago I had a proper period. ​I started another one 13 days ago.  I don't recall ever having such a long period and there's no...

Last reply
  • Spotting between periods for days

So, to start, I have major health anxiety that does not help when I have symptoms like this. For the last 5 months or so, I have been spotting in between periods. It's usually accompanied with some lower back pain or pelvic pain. Not always but most of the time. The spotting usually comes around...

Last reply
  • Please help

I'm 28 years old I've been on my period for a year already, at first I thought it was due to stress but since I've taken myself out of the stressful situation I've still noticed things haven't gotten any better. I've been having very light periods, I've only had two actual...

Last reply
  • Bleeding during sex and onto tampons, but not otherwise

Hi there, Hoping someone can help as I'm getting myself into a bit of a state. I came off contraception (the nuvaring) mid-July due to the end of a long term relationship. By early October, my period still hadn't returned so I went to the GP. He did some blood tests and the results showed all...

Last reply
  • Irregular Periods are making my life hell and getting me down

Hi, I’m a 19yo who has suffered with irregular and painful periods since I started them 10years ago. It has now gotten to the point where it’s getting me really down. I have been going to my gp for 8years now about my periods and have only recently just got a referral through to see a gynaecologist but...

Last reply
  • Miscarriage or delayed period clot?

Hi. I stopped my period for 10 days through doctor medication. When my period came it was on off. Not heavy at all which was abnormal. 2 days later looked nothing really there I felt something physically come “out” of me down there and until I checked it 20 min later I felt almost pain or stinging and...

Posted
  • Is this a normal thing to happen on a period?

Hello, This is a repost of what I posted 4 months ago but I got no replies and I've been to the doctor multiple times and they have no clue, if someone could give me any ideas of what it could be or some advice if something like this has happened to you, please do. I'm 14 and I've been having...

Last reply
  • I want to skip my period this month, but I need some advice...

I want to use my prescribed hormonal birth control pills to skip my period this month but I'm not sure if i should or not. My birth control is monophasic and I am very diligent about taking it everyday at 6 pm. I tried to skip my period using birth control once before, last spring, but there was...

Posted
  • Is PMS really driving me this crazy?

Is it normal for PMS symptoms to be different every month? I also have really bad anxiety, and "possibly" according to the doctors OCD....but the kind that I only think obsessively not the compulsive behaviors I guess. Anyways I stopped my birth control in April because all of this started...

Last reply
  • I'm really worried

Hi, I haven't had my period since August 10th I have been having cramps but I never bleed and I'm really worried i don't know if it's stress or something else, my friend told me it could mean I can't ever have children and I really hope that isn't the issue but I really don't...

Last reply
  • Blood without period

I have blood after urinating since my last ovulation( I don’t have an urethra problem)it s not a lot but I’m worried..my doc can’t find what it is.. I’m just waiting my Pap test.. do you have an idea what it might be? 

Last reply
  • Period pain makes me want to push?

For a good few months now, my period pains have been awful. The first day is always the worst, it gets to the point where the only way to stop the pain is if I push really hard. I have to sit on the loo and do it. I had previous menstrual problems when I was a young teenager, which led me to be on contraceptive...

Last reply
  • My periods are very irregular between 4-9 weeks apart

Since coming off the pill around 3 years ago (was on it for over 10 years) my periods can back relatively regular then they started to become further apart ranging between 4,5,6,7,8,9 weeks apart until I became pregnant after 2 years of trying, then my periods came bk regular every 4 weeks but this only...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.