Skip to content
Ad

Menstrual Cycle and Disorders

Also known as Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea, Menorrhagia, Periods and Period Problems, Premenstrual Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Weird period

Help. I am 18 years old and have been on birth control for 5 months. At the beginning of this month I had my regular 5 day period and everything was fine, 14 days latter I saw what I thought was spotting from ovulation but it turned into heavy bleeding that has been going on for nine days. This bleeding...

Posted
  • Light brown / pink spotting, itchy labia

I am on day 22 of my cycle. Yesterday I had light brown and pink spotting, today it is just like brown spotting but the side of my labia on one side feels really sore and tender is this related to the spotting? Why am I spotting? I have to admit since having a termination in July 2016 and having an IUD...

Posted
  • No periods, no pains, just spots of blood! Help!

Hi! Any help appreciated!  First of all - I am not pregnant! My periods have been pretty much all over the place for 3 years since I had my son...I hardly have them anymore and I have had around 4/5 in the past 10 months. For the past few months, I have had no period, but on 2 or 3 occasions,...

Last reply
  • Very Light Period for past 4 month

27 years old, always had very regular heavier periods. For the past 4 months, starting in May of 2016 until recently in August 2016, I have been getting very light periods. And I was almost late to start AF in May. I can now pretty much go with using 1 pad all day (but don't for sanitary reasons),...

Last reply
  • Headaches AFTER period finishes

Hello. So, for the past 3-4 months I have noticed I am getting tension-style headaches for about 5-7 days either during or after my period finishes. I don't think they are migraines because I seem to be able to function with them, even though they make me feel miserable. They stick with me throughout...

Last reply
  • 9 days then nothing????? Advice/opinions

So for the last nine days I have been experiencing severe, uncontrollable anxiety, panic attacks, tearfulness, and so many other physical, mental and emotional symptoms. I started my period this morning and by lunch time I feel like a new person. I feel so good I’m almost in panic mode. Jittery almost....

Last reply
  • Late period after morning after pill?

Hello! My last period was on 15th of september (it's usually at 28 days) and on 6th of october I had intercours and the condom slipped off. We've got it out easily, but we don't know if any cum got into my vagina. My boyfriend suggested I take the morning after pill even though it was after...

Last reply
  • Bleeding bright red for 13 days

Hello, ​I'm on Cerazette mini pill and have been for a few years.  I've had irregular bleeding on and off but not many proper periods. ​About 7 weeks ago I had a proper period. ​I started another one 13 days ago.  I don't recall ever having such a long period and there's no...

Last reply
  • Period is ruining my life.

Hi,  So I've had gynaecological problems for as long as I've had my periods, symptoms have been ongoing for about 6 years now. Inc, heavy bleeding, clots, extremely irregular (no cycle to my bleeding at all. Once bled for 6 months straight) been on all the hormones you can imagine including...

Posted
  • My period has been different for the past 3 months

Hello. My period came on then stopped then i didn't see it the next day and the day after that and finally 2 days later my blood starts to flow, it’s been doing that for the past 2 including this month October. I thought I wasn’t pregnant but the test says negative and have my period never been like...

Posted
  • Very irregular periods

Hi my name is briana im 22 years old (: i have been irregular for the longest time i had periods back when i was im high school but as i got older i barely got any periods at all and now its been 2 or more years that i dont get it i bleed but its not alot it goes away that same day  or it can last...

Last reply
  • No period for 8 months, what should I do???

Hi I am 17 years old and haven't had my period in 8 months. I am growing concerned and not sure what to do. I have read that this is normal for athletes to experience. I am fairly active runner (I run 3-4 times a week) and enjoy being active. I started to miss my period when I began to run 8 months...

Posted
  • I have abnormally bad period symptoms (reoccurring)

I’ve been struggling with this for about a year now. Every few periods, I’ll wake up (near the beginning of the period), and all of a sudden feel chills. I have diarrhea and throw up. I’ve passed out before because of this. I get very pale. The chills make me freezing but also make me feel like my skin...

Posted
  • Dry brown discharge in between periods????

Hi guys, long post but bear with me.  So, I started taking the birth control pill when I was 16 (I'm 23 now). All was well, no crazy side effects and I took it faithfully -- same time every day. About 6 months ago, my pharmacy decided to give me an "off-brand" pill instead (no clue...

Posted
  • Mrs

Have been mestrating for 18 days now heavy with coated blood, what can I use to stop it am feeling weak

Posted
  • Early period

Hi, I had two normal periods two weeks apart in August, should I have come on my period in September? I'm so confused as I haven't had one In September. Thanks  

Last reply
  • No period for 94 days constant thrush not pregnant. Help!!

I gave birth to my son on December 24th. I had the obligatory period afterwards which lasted almost 30 days. I had another period 94 days ago (counting to the last day of the period). Ever since the birth of my son I have had thrush. Doctors have given me pressies and tablets to take for 2 weeks respectively....

Last reply
  • Spotting in-between periods.

Hey I'm in my early 20s and for the past year or so I have been spotting in-between periods most months. Is this normal? Should I go to the docs or am I just worrying over nothing? Also, I'm definitely not pregnant so that can't be the cause. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Vaginal discharge strange periods

Hi Last month my period was very light  two days long. Then 5 days after had 1 bleed followed my blood clots then nothing. Constant feel on wetness down there, this month period very heavy for 5 days now finished but strange discharge every day, brown/yellow no smell? Pelvic pain and lower back....

Posted
  • Back and stomach pain only at the end of period

For the last three months every time my period ends I get really bad back pain all up and down my spine. It travels. I also get cramps in my sides and my GERD starts acting up more than normal. I feel sick and in pain for a couple days and then it generally goes away. I don't know if this is actually...

Last reply
  • Constant brown vaginal bleeding

Please help! I am very concerned for my female reproductive areas. My last period I bled brown on and off which, I know can be normal. Then on my ovulation time frame, I bled brown as well.. Which I haven't ever had ovulation bleeding before. Then a few days before my expected period I have brown...

Last reply
  • Irregular periods

Hi I had my period on the 14th August. I had a four day period again on the 28th. I haven't had a period since and no signs of it starting, does anybody know why this could be? Thanks 

Last reply
  • Missing period

Im 13 and i had my first period in may and ive been waiting for my 2nd one and it hasnt came its september almost October now should i be worried???

Last reply
  • New period pains!

Hello!  So I am here to get opinions about a small problem I have been having.  These past months I have been having my period normally, I use tampons and I am sexually active.  I use the same tampons since 16, I make sure its the right fit and eveything, but the past 8 months...

Posted
  • missed period, been a week... ? need help!

Alright, So i’ve had my period for over 6 years. I’ve never missed it, or had any issues. i recently lost my dog, who had been my best friend since i was 10 years old. as well as crying my eyes out for about 3 days, i was sick. this was around the time i was supposed to start my period. but i had unprotected...

Last reply
  • Unable to know my menstrual rate

I am an 18 year old girl who normally have problems with my menses due to change of environment. I visited my boyfriend and we flirt and took in a contraceptive without knowing we had sex or not. a week later I had my menses and four months now I have not experienced such. there are no traits of pregnancy...

Last reply
  • Northisterone

Hi I am due to start my peroid on Monday and have started taking northisterone to delay them as I'm going on holiday. Started them yesterday but getting alot of tummy pain and want to stop them. I am aware i will get a period in a few days. But will i get it again on Monday as that is when my real...

Last reply
  • Am I pregnant or is stress/anxiety effecting my periods?

Two months ago, two weeks before my period, my partner put himself inside me. We didn't use a condom as he was just putting it inside and he figured it was relatively safe. He did not do any "thrusting", and he did not ejaculate.  Even so, when the reality of what we'd done hit...

Last reply
  • Running out of options

I've been going to the doctors now more frequently than once a month all year. I've always had irregular, heavy, and painful periods. Between 2 and 3 years ago I started receiving the depo-provera shot as a form of birth control. It went well for awhile, no periods, no pain. Eventually I started...

Last reply
  • My Experience of PMDD (Yasmin, Prozac, Effexor)

When I was struggling I turned to these forums for help and support (even though I never wrote anything). Now that I have found something to help me, I thought if I wrote them here then it might help someone out there! I am 32 now but have always different crippling period pains and always...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.