Blood clot or miscarriage

Posted , 8 users are following.

please help im sending myself crazy - i have been getting pains/cramps for about four days now. i started my period yesterday after being on the pill and skipping when it should have been. A week in i decided to stop and get my period because i was getting these cramps. I was in the shower today and felt something hit my foot. It was what i thought was a blood clot from my period but it was larger than i have ever gotten before. Length of my index finger and kind of triangle shape when stretched out with one end looking like a tube opening (see photos). I have had this dread in my stomach for four weeks that i may have been pregnant. I never did a test as i was scared (im not with the guy) and i have been told i only have a 50/50 chance of getting pregnant due to other reasons but now this has happened im not sure if it is just a build up of tissue from going back on the pill, skipping period etc or i have had a chemical pregnancy. Any advice would be great because im scared to tell or ask anyone i know. TIA x

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

sorry the it uploaded one photo twice. this is the second photo

• Posted

its part of the uterine lining a build up of tissue that has occurred and has shed away as a whole piece not a miscarrige

• Posted

happens when have been on the pill and havnt had a period for a while the tissue thickens still but does not shed until u have a period

• Posted

thank you! much appreciated. ive just never seen one that big before. thank you again

• Posted

mam does it creates any problem in health

or any other issues regarding it

• Posted

If you have more clots like that I would go see a doctor. When I had a miscarriage my clots were much bigger and I had a lot of bleeding but if you are really scared and worried you might want to check with your doctor.

Tina

• Posted

mine were that big they looked like organs was coming out i had placenta abruption at 24 weeks i had miscarrrige at 8 weeks to and was just a bit heavier than a period didnt loose any tissue ...that above looks like uterine tissue from the colour of it rather than a clot of blood

• Posted

so sorry to hear you miscarried Tina. Thank you for replying though. i will keep an eye on it and if anything else happens i will see my doctor. Thank you again 😃

• Posted

I also had a baby at 26 weeks with placenta abruption. I had to have emergency surgery because I was having uncontolled bleeding. I just suggest if she keeps having this to see a doctor. Its not normal to have clots that size.

• Posted

oh my god thank you so much for sharing this!! I had the identical situation happen to me today just now. on my birthday SMH. but same thing, skipped periods, decided to let myself have one and a few days in, boom. clot that looks almost exactly like yours. same size and all. absolutely insane but seeing your story made me feel so much better. super odd as it's not the first time I've skipped but it makes sense I suppose!

• Posted

I've just lost a clot day 2 of my late cycle not been on for 6 weeks but I had part of my cervix removed 3 years ago cant upload pic says too big

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.