i think i might have a pelvic/period disorder but my gp won’t listen!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I’ve been struggling with painful periods for years now, so painful to the point it will have me on the floor barely able to move and on the verge of passing out. in the past my vision has gone hazy and yellow and my ears have started ringing because of the pain. this is along with other symptoms

pain travelling down my legs

irregular periods to the point where i can either have two a month or none for three months

debilitating ovulation cramps

i have tried different birth control pills to try and help this but none make a difference, its all the gp seems to want to try me on. He told me that my pain was just "luck luck of the draw" and dismissed what i had been told by three other nurses when the pain got so bad i had to go to a&e. he also dismissed hormonal imbalances i brought up from a blood test i went private for in an attempt to get answers, and when i practically begged for further investigation as i suspect and have been told by a nurse its likely i have endo or pcos or something similar, he told me they don't usually investigate those things as its better just to treat the symptoms than go digging around for a potential cause. This doesn't make sense to me as if it is endo then that could cause fertility problems in the future if left untreated? Not to mention the fact endometriosis tissue can end up anywhere in the body and cause other issues? Im sorry for the rant but im seriously losing hope and have no idea what to do about this now. any advice would be appreciated and if you read this far thank you 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.