22 Year Old Male With Questions About Joint Issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I want to start this off with a little bit of background. I have had joint issues since I was 9 or 10 years old. I first noticed something was wrong playing little league baseball as an outfielder. I had always been an outfielder because my left arm was a cannon and I was able to throw a baseball farther than many of the kids I played with. One game I threw a ball a little harder than usual and my shoulder became extremely painful and remained that way for the remainder of the game. Over the course of the next four or five years of my life I began to use my left arm less and less and now don't use it for nearly as many activities as I did before. My right shoulder experiences similar pain, but it isn't to the same degree as my left shoulder.

When i was in college I worked at a Sam's club pushing carts for two months short of two years, and never really experienced any problems with my ankles or knees. Since graduating college and beginning my career, my knees and ankles will occassionaly sort of collapse after randomly experiencing intense pain for a second or two. this happens while walking, going up or down stairs, running, or any activity where i have to put pressure on my knees.

I really don't understand why it happens because it is so random so if anyone has any advice or has experienced this before I would really appreciate some advice. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.